Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD vs UIU

Another interesting game for the Dogs playing in dense fog throughout. The QB carousel continued with Graetz starting, Walljasper coming in to run the ball, and TE Ojile also getting some snaps at QB. UMD really needs to figure something out here as Graetz again looked flat and unable to avoid pressure. He threw one up into double coverage in the end zone resulting in an interception. Walljasper seems to be a one trick guy as every time he is in its either a QB run or some sort of read option. Assuming by now every team in the league has picked up on that. Using Ojile at QB also seemed very odd and it bit the Dogs when he couldnt catch a snap that resulted in another turnover. You know it's gotten bad when during the post game interview Bynum was asked how the revolving door at QB impacts the offense. Wiese said Olson will be back for the USF games so does that bring stability to QB or add a 4th guy into the rotation????

Other than that UMD played well. Almost 300 yards on the ground and another 140 in the air. Defensively they shut down the run game of UIU. I believe UIU was held to under 30 yards for the game. Silent MVP for the game was the UMD punter who kept UIU pinned the whole game. Also no injuries to note from the game.

Will be good to see Carmickel out there in Sioux Falls to see his impact on the offense. I think UMD will play well and leave with a convincing win.

The UMD vs. USF game this week is probably the game of the week, but I think there are several questions there for both squads. UMD has struggled offensively at the QB position. If Olson is back and is healthy and if Carmickel is fully healthy, the Bulldogs will look much better on offense. The defense as always seems to be solid. USF has feasted the easiest schedule in the conference so far. They have a good running game and a good defense, but I'm still not sure I'm sold on the passing game. It will be a good day of football in the NSIC capital of Sioux Falls.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X