Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Players of the Week (9/19)

NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #24 Jesse Sherwood (RB, 5-10, 205, Sr., Minneapolis, Minn. / Robbinsdale Armstrong) - SMSU

- Rushed for a career-high 205 yards and three touchdowns on a career-high 36 carries in a 31-28 road win over UMary
    - Had a pair of 3-yard touchdowns and a 20-yard score to help give SMSU a winning record for the first time since 2017
    - It’s the third straight game he has rushed for more than 150 yards and the fourth straight game dating back to last season
    - The 205-yard effort is the 13th highest single-game total in team history
    - Becomes the first Mustang to reach 200 yards since the 2013 season
    - Named NSIC Offensive Player of the Week for the second week in a row

NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #94 Grayson Diepenbrock (DL, 6-2, 230, Sr., Parker, Texas / Plano East HS) - Augustana

- Recorded three solo sacks in a 31-7 victory at MSU Moorhead, the second-most in a single game in Augustana history
    - The three sacks went for a total of 23 yards lost
    - He assisted on a fourth tackle which was also a tackle for loss
    - Was part of a Viking defense that allowed just one rushing yard in the game
    - Was also credited with a quarterback hurry in the contest
    - Ranks third in the nation in sacks

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #26 Payton Eue (K/P, 5-10, 175, Sr., Champlin, Minn. / Champlin Park HS) - Northern State

- Scored 11 points in the Wolves 23-22 win over MSU, their first victory over Minnesota State since 1971
    - Made 3-of-3 field goals in the contest from distances of 28 and a pair from 33
    - Was perfect 2-for-2 on extra points
    - Averaged 37.8 yards per punt and 64.3 yards per kickoff
    - Moved up to second all-time at Northern State in the career records for field goals made
    - Named NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week for the second time this season (9/6/22)

Jesse Sherwood - best SMSU RB in close to 10 years. Should be an exciting season from him.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Jesse Sherwood - best SMSU RB in close to 10 years. Should be an exciting season from him.
      Exciting player to watch, I just hope he can stay healthy all year. 30+ carries per game can take a toll over the course of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Exciting player to watch, I just hope he can stay healthy all year. 30+ carries per game can take a toll over the course of a season.
        Yeah, that's a fear of mine. I'm hoping we can even it out with our passing game after the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

It's kinda funny looking at his game-by-game...

at UMD - 25 carries
          vs. CSP - 32 carries
          at UMary - 36 carries

Should we expect 40+ this week?

Comment

Happy for the guy but voters need to consider situations over big stats. Epperson had 119 yards on 12 carries of the 75 total offensive plays which is a better showing than 205 yards on 36 of 78 total offensive plays. Better teams spread the ball out more and have more depth. Same on defense diluting the defensive stats (BTW making Deipenbrachs #s even more impressive)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X