• Week 7 Chat

Bemidji State at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Minnesota-Duluth at Concordia-St. Paul
    Winona State at Southwest Minnesota State
    Wayne State at Augustana
    Upper Iowa at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Northern State at Minot State
    Sioux Falls at Mary

IMO, game of the week is Wayne at Augie. Wayne seems to be the hotter team right now, so that's my pick. However, and Augie win wouldn't surprise me at all.

Winona at SMSU could be a good game. The rest (barring an unexpected upset) are pretty easy to call.

Agree on the Wayne at Augie game. I think this is one Wayne will take but it will be a very good game. SMSU just not sold on yet. Theyve beat the lower tier teams and need a quality win (is it this Saturday?) to convince me.

Comment

Also noticed over the weekend that the Utah QB transfer for Augie, Robinson, is now listed as a WR on their roster. Did he get lost in the depth chart in the QB room so they moved him? Anyone in the know? Seemed odd that a D1 transfer was moved to a new position.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
        Agree on the Wayne at Augie game. I think this is one Wayne will take but it will be a very good game. SMSU just not sold on yet. Theyve beat the lower tier teams and need a quality win (is it this Saturday?) to convince me.
        SMSU's running game is legit, but they're a bit of a one-trick pony. If they develop a passing attack they could be a pretty scary offense.
        Last edited by Tundra_Man; 10-10-2022, 12:00 PM. Reason: I got my games mixed up and wrote something that made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
          Also noticed over the weekend that the Utah QB transfer for Augie, Robinson, is now listed as a WR on their roster. Did he get lost in the depth chart in the QB room so they moved him? Anyone in the know? Seemed odd that a D1 transfer was moved to a new position.
          Do not know the story on Carter Robinson. He had a fine high school career in Wisconsin and was a star on their track team running the 199m. Last season the staff praised his scout team play. True freshman Gunnar Hensley out of California is 4th quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

SMSU's running game is legit, but they're a bit of a one-trick pony. If they develop a passing attack they could be a pretty scary offense.
            Really happy how our offensive line and running backs have played. USF is really good against the run and they are huge on the Defensive Line.

We really ran well against USF and that is with USF knowing we were going to run. We just lined it up and run forward. Really impressive, honestly. Once McComb got hurt we were truly one dimensional yet we were able to run.

Not much of a drop off to Austin and Sherwood either. Jesse is faster but Austin is just a grind it out tough runner. reminds me of all the good ones Duluth had for years.

Amazing improvement on the Oline too -- all 5 are good and we actually have some good backups. Really a positive development,

On a related note. USF runner Landon Freeman - wow was he fast ! Amazing speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Really happy how our offensive line and running backs have played. USF is really good against the run and they are huge on the Defensive Line.

We really ran well against USF and that is with USF knowing we were going to run. We just lined it up and run forward. Really impressive, honestly. Once McComb got hurt we were truly one dimensional yet we were able to run.

Not much of a drop off to Austin and Sherwood either. Jesse is faster but Austin is just a grind it out tough runner. reminds me of all the good ones Duluth had for years.

Amazing improvement on the Oline too -- all 5 are good and we actually have some good backups. Really a positive development,

forgot to mention. we actually ran for 50 more yards against USF but had 2 bad snaps that went for minus 50 something ---- so we actually ran better against USF than the stats show. Can't empasize how much better we are running the ball. truly amazing.

Comment

Game day! Go Cougars!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

In the postgame interview I listened to on the radio last Saturday, they interviewed Freeman. Frederick asked him how fast he was in the 40 and Freeman replied that he ran it somewhere in the 4.3 range. After seeing him turn it on when he has open field in front of him, I don't think he's exaggerating.

Freeman also mentioned that he and Reisdorfer have a friendly competition about which of them is faster, and that both of them are pretty close in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    Game day! Go Cougars!
                    Witts podcast hit the nail on the head, potential trap game, interested to see if Sioux Falls beats the bus legs and executes. I hope QB Nelson is back and Mary keeps this close.

Comment

Absolutely hate to see two ambulances on the field in Moorhead. Really hope the young man from Bemidji is alright.

Comment

Jack Fisher with a ridiculous grab to start the drive and then finishes it with a TD catch, hes special. Augie up 17-6

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Witts podcast hit the nail on the head, potential trap game, interested to see if Sioux Falls beats the bus legs and executes. I hope QB Nelson is back and Mary keeps this close.
                          So far, they haven’t. 20-6 Mary mid 2nd quarter.

USF has had eggs like this in the past. So can’t even say I’m surprised. Hoping the can shake it off. Defense is leaving guys open all over.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

Much needed answer by the Coo. Long drive where they marched down the field.

20-13 Mary still leads USF. 2mins left in the half.

Let’s see if the defense has made any adjustments yet.
                            2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Man, fast half… 20-13 Mary leads..

Blocked punt leading to a super short field Mary TD the difference so far.

Mary’s o-line has held the Coo defense line in check for the most part. Props to them. USF will get the ball to start the 3rd quarter.
                              2016 NSIC Champions

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X