Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen in the NSIC, would it be a fair to compare UMD's status in the conference as similar to that of Penn State in the Big Ten, sort of in third behind Mankato and Bemidji for the time being but still a really strong program?

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
      From what I've seen in the NSIC, would it be a fair to compare UMD's status in the conference as similar to that of Penn State in the Big Ten, sort of in third behind Mankato and Bemidji for the time being but still a really strong program?
      I’d liken them more to Iowa. They win enough to keep them in conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

I’d liken them more to Iowa. They win enough to keep them in conversations.
        Ouch.

Comment

I’m a UMD guy myself.

Frankly I feel like we underperform in comparison to the resources we have (vs. rest of NSIC). We are comfortable. Not innovative. Slightly above average in recruiting and schematics. But we could do so much more…

Comment

Originally posted by Two Harbors Tycoon View Post
            I’m a UMD guy myself.

Frankly I feel like we underperform in comparison to the resources we have (vs. rest of NSIC). We are comfortable. Not innovative. Slightly above average in recruiting and schematics. But we could do so much more…
            Please share how we could do so much more, Coach Wiese has never had below 8 wins per season in 10 years, mostly 9 or 10 wins, all done with being in the lower 1/2 of scholarships in the NSIC, 22-24, the new AD we will have 30 for next season, fully funded is 36 in D2 football. This should help, the Bulldogs have been a stellar program already doing more with less, we are lucky Coach has stayed, he is extremely happy with the new scholarship increase, should help with depth
            Last edited by Umdfan35; 11-04-2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Today’s game is a perfect example of why Wiese struggles. Great start, take your foot off the gas and play not to lose. Playcalling that doesn’t align to your strength. One of the longest runs today was a QB sneak for 15ish yards?

Seemed the sidelines didn’t agree on much as well.

Comment

Today’s game is a perfect example of why Wiese struggles. Great start, take your foot off the gas and play not to lose. Playcalling that doesn’t align to your strength. One of the longest runs today was a QB sneak for 15ish yards?

Seemed the sidelines didn’t agree on much as well.
                I saw a 30 yard, 18 yard and 19 yard run

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                  I saw a 30 yard, 18 yard and 19 yard run
                  Your thoughts on todays game?

Comment

Your thoughts on today’s game?
                    And wouldn’t a 15 be “one of the longest runs” in comparison to what you saw?

Comment

Your thoughts on todays game?
                      Great 1st half, O was consistent, in a flow and rhythm, crisp running and passing, D played well. 2nd half a different story, especially on D they gave up again too many big plays, run and pass to beat a good team. Is that coaching or let ups because of the lead we had is hard to know, I am sure Mankato is scratching their heads today as to how they gave up so many points to Winona. I really don’t think the play calling was more conservative in the 2nd half, but only 2 FG is puzzling. No chance for a conference championship, as the Auggie V BSU winner only have 1 loss, a playoff birth is still a possibility with a win over Mankato. I would take 15 yard runs every play, if possible. Curious about you comment about the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

Great 1st half, O was consistent, in a flow and rhythm, crisp running and passing, D played well. 2nd half a different story, especially on D they gave up again too many big plays, run and pass to beat a good team. Is that coaching or let ups because of the lead we had is hard to know, I am sure Mankato is scratching their heads today as to how they gave up so many points to Winona. I really don’t think the play calling was more conservative in the 2nd half, but only 2 FG is puzzling. No chance for a conference championship, as the Auggie V BSU winner only have 1 loss, a playoff birth is still a possibility with a win over Mankato. I would take 15 yard runs every play, if possible. Curious about you comment about the sideline.
                        Agree, first half the offensive moved the ball well and did so mostly in the air. I thought the passing game looked good. Funny thing is when they play lesser teams they tend to throw the ball more and show more looks, when they play the strong teams it's Walljasper with 20+ carries (I've got the over under on Walljasper rushing attempts at 23 for Saturday's game in Mankato). I also put the letup in the second half on Wiese and the coaches. When his interview going into the locker room is about how they have the game in hand and will be putting in backups for the second half Im not sure what else can be expected.

My sideline comment is about the "unhappiness" being voiced about what was going on in the second half. I think there was more urgency from the players than the coaches and CSP almost came back and stole one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X