Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minot State Eliminates Athletic Director Position

In a major restructuring at Minot State University, the athletic director position is being eliminated and oversight of athletics now rests with the newly expanded position of Vice President of Student Affairs and Intercollegiate Athletics

Strange.

Comment

Crookston keeps their AD for decades, but Minot drops the position altogether...what in the world are the Beavers thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
        Crookston keeps their AD for decades, but Minot drops the position altogether...what in the world are the Beavers thinking?
        fantastic post! just incredible..

Comment

if I am a Minot fan, not much good to think about this. Gonna have some VP of student affairs running athletics? Now, maybe he's a big sports fan, but no doubt athletics going to get a short straw here.

Comment

Minto folks - are there budget issues that caused this? or is it just a weird decision from on top?

Comment

The move absolutely suggests budget issues and it sounds like it is campus wide.

Comment

Vanderbilt did this 20 some years ago, and although the move was certainly not budget related. It was ivory-tower driven. While I wasn't a fan/alum when it happened, from what I heard it was not well-received and probably set Vandy back somewhat, which is saying something for a program with an athletics history (mostly football) like Vandy. The AD is at least a stand alone position now (which changed about 10 years after the reorganizaiton) but I believe still technically falls under student affairs: "Vice Chancellor for Athletics and University Affairs and Athletic Director", what a mouthful of a title.

If it wasn't a great move for an SEC school with a $10 billion endowment, I can't imagine this being great for the long-term health of Minot State athletics.
                Last edited by Otis Day; 03-21-2024, 08:58 AM.
                4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                2016 NSIC Champions
                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

So, who replaces Minot??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X