• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
    "You look like you could use a wallet, would you like to make a wallet?"

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's a hotel connected to the other end of the hallway - sometimes that ruffles feathers. I doubt they heard it over the roar of souped up lawnmowers.

They warmed up outside of the hotel pre-game and it lofted into the baseball stadium and sounded great.
    Did someone say mowers?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPEK1KtNac

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

No complaints here, I'm pro pep band all the way.
    There's a hotel connected to the other end of the hallway - sometimes that ruffles feathers. I doubt they heard it over the roar of souped up lawnmowers.

They warmed up outside of the hotel pre-game and it lofted into the baseball stadium and sounded great.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    Watching the Goofers get bounced was awesome. I wore my Stampede jersey since I didn't have anything BU on it to support Sam Stevens. Jaxon Nelson got the biggest reception of the night from the Cardinal, Gopher, and Herd faithful - which was kinda neat though. I do like that guy.

Kinda crazy that both captains for the Goofs are from SWMN, which is the least hockey-crazed part of MN.

I hung around a bit after the game until BU was off the ice - their pep band blasted music through the convention center hallway as they left (which I enjoyed). Before anyone complains about them being rude, SF Arena was hosting quad/lawnmower racing at the same time which was far more loud.
    No complaints here, I'm pro pep band all the way.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    I signed up for Frozen Four pre-sale back in November and good lord tickets were expensive, upper level tickets for all three games were $600 plus. Lower level championship tickets have been going for $300+. Had a chance to buy some back in 2018 for close to $100, wishing I had done that now. That being said Go Blue!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Let's go!!!!! Live. Laugh. LUVERNE!
    Those Luverne teams were awesome back then - I think they're still doing okay now. I saw first saw Nelson/Smedsrud play on the tarmac at the St. Paul Airport. Such a fun day!

Nelson was a solid running back too. We could have used him at SMSU.

EDIT: Wow - I was wrong. Toby Sengvongxay beat both of them to the professional ranks - he skated 13 games in the SPHL. Really a testament to how good those Cardinal teams were back then.
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 04-02-2024, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    In a celebratory mood this morning - Jaxon Nelson becomes the first hockey player from an HS in Southwest Minnesota to sign an NHL contract.

He's only the second hockey player from SWMN to sign a professional contract at any level - his HS teammate Chaz Smedsrud signed an ECHL deal 3 days ago (and got his first goal against the Rapid City Rush).
    Let's go!!!!! Live. Laugh. LUVERNE!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    In a celebratory mood this morning - Jaxon Nelson becomes the first hockey player from an HS in Southwest Minnesota to sign an NHL contract.

He's only the second hockey player from SWMN to sign a professional contract at any level - his HS teammate Chaz Smedsrud signed an ECHL deal 3 days ago (and got his first goal against the Rapid City Rush).

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

When it comes to college hockey I'm an UA Anchorage fan so I don't have a dog in the fight. But it'll be funny if Boston College plays Boston University in the final.
    That's actually how my bracket is set up lol.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I doubt if I will pay much attention. Normally when it is being held so close I would jump at the chance to go, even though no one is offering. I dislike all four teams.
    When it comes to college hockey I'm an UA Anchorage fan so I don't have a dog in the fight. But it'll be funny if Boston College plays Boston University in the final.
    Last edited by crixus; 04-01-2024, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

You're going to have to wait another year. Augie isn't officially in until the 2025-26 season.
    Oh. I thought they were in after a year as an independent. Appears I was mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    I'd say that is a successful first year. I'll be curious how they do next year when they are formally admitted to the CCHA.
    You're going to have to wait another year. Augie isn't officially in until the 2025-26 season.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Speaking of Augustana Hockey - I checked to see how their first year went down. They finished 12-14-4 with a couple of statement wins, including one over #16 Arizona State University in January. They also tied #2 Denver 5-5 (and unofficially won 6-5 in the shootout).

I saw them play three times - twice at the DSPC against the Minnesota State University Mavericks, and once at Midco Arena against Ferris State University (which was a great game). Four of their inaugural roster members have already signed professional contracts.

One tidbit - and I'm probably the only one that will find this interesting, but in their season closing series against the USNTDP, Caleb Heil was in net for the U-18s. Heil is the goalie for Sioux Falls and was on loan for that series only.

I'd say that is a successful first year. I'll be curious how they do next year when they are formally admitted to the CCHA.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Watching the Goofers get bounced was awesome. I wore my Stampede jersey since I didn't have anything BU on it to support Sam Stevens. Jaxon Nelson got the biggest reception of the night from the Cardinal, Gopher, and Herd faithful - which was kinda neat though. I do like that guy.

Kinda crazy that both captains for the Goofs are from SWMN, which is the least hockey-crazed part of MN.

I hung around a bit after the game until BU was off the ice - their pep band blasted music through the convention center hallway as they left (which I enjoyed). Before anyone complains about them being rude, SF Arena was hosting quad/lawnmower racing at the same time which was far more loud.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Was a busy weekend, anybody notice the Golden Eagles of UCM had to move their home series against Augustana to Sioux Falls because of weather or field conditions. Well the War Damm Eagles swept Augie 9-8 9-5. on Sat. Vikings getting swept on their home field rarely happens, UCM Jake Hjelle 6-8 and 6rbi in 2 games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X