Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CSU Pueblo O-line and Quarterback - Question Big Question Marks

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    Doesn't help that Wristen and Co. have not once recruited a QB out of high school that has played at the level needed to win when it counts. They have relied almost exclusively on JUCO kids that are in the program for two years tops. Why can they not recruit the QB position effectively?
    Most good QB's who would be a fit are looking to go FCS or FBS, prospects be damned. If that is not at all in the cards, they want to go somewhere they can sling the ball. You know, instant gratification, kind of the way our society is. Leadership and skill in all phases seems to go by the wayside at the H.S. spread offense level. Seems like it would be tough to find H.S. kids who run that type of scheme.

Comment

Heard a coach say that the Pack Offense will be either very good or stink the place up. Guess we will find out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
        Heard a coach say that the Pack Offense will be either very good or stink the place up. Guess we will find out today.

"There was a little girl, Who had a little curl, Right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, She was very good indeed, But when she was bad she was horrid." :smile-big:

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comment

CSUP scored on six plays of over 65 yards or more. Hadn't seen that in the last few years. The ground game racked up 496 yards while the defense gave up only 68 yards on the ground. The T-Wolves posted 11.3 yards per carry and allowed Dixie just 1.4 yards per rush.

One thing really stood out on offense. The O-line blocked to the whistle. Symo deserves all the credit for that. Thank you Wristen for bringing him back! New O Coordinator deserves credit too. As for the defense ... solid as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
            CSUP scored on six plays of over 65 yards or more. Hadn't seen that in the last few years. The ground game racked up 496 yards while the defense gave up only 68 yards on the ground. The T-Wolves posted 11.3 yards per carry and allowed Dixie just 1.4 yards per rush.

One thing really stood out on offense. The O-line blocked to the whistle. Symo deserves all the credit for that. Thank you Wristen for bringing him back! New O Coordinator deserves credit too. As for the defense ... solid as usual.
            The o-line did good. BUT, they did miss assignments! Branden(4-5-0) did good, AJ (0-4-1), well stunk the place up with passing, but did run good. Running backs found the holes and exploded but dropped the ball way to many times (5 fumbles 4 lost)! Kicking Game was good even when the wind got blowing out of the north for the second half. But remember who this game was against. Dixie States defense just got it's tail whipped. And the offense got sacked! Guess we will find out for sure against Chadron next week how real this team is.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
              The o-line did good. BUT, they did miss assignments! Branden(4-5-0) did good, AJ (0-4-1), well stunk the place up with passing, but did run good. Running backs found the holes and exploded but dropped the ball way to many times (5 fumbles 4 lost)! Kicking Game was good even when the wind got blowing out of the north for the second half. But remember who this game was against. Dixie States defense just got it's tail whipped. And the offense got sacked! Guess we will find out for sure against Chadron next week how real this team is.
              As you know, QBs and RBs are getting used to new offense schemes, and it shows. Way to many hand-off miscues between QBs/RBs/WRs. Unforced errors can be fixed however.
              Last edited by Lobo; 09-02-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Went back and watched the game on Stretch Internet. Here's my take. Dixie has a quick, athletic defense. But. They stacked the box on defense way too often and got caught. The CSUP offensive line opened some big holes. T-Wolf RBs found seams, darted through them, and once in the secondary, outraced Dixie's DBs to the endzone. The Pack O-line used one TE most of the night, in a slot formation, on most of the big plays. This isn't the same CSUP offense other RMAC defenses have faced. No more huddles, no 3 TE formations, and no predictable plays. CSUP has gone hurry-up like everybody else in the conference.

No changes on the Pack defense, even though CSUP has a new D coordinator. LBs, corners and safeties still keeping receivers on front of them, and rally to the ball when its in the air. Dixie had no chance to run the ball on the edges. Trailblazers ran a jet-sweep or two and lost yardage. Opposing offenses will prolly have difficulty running the ball. The defense continues to bend but not break. Nothing new there.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching in person then streaming the video at home! Nice vid production going on this year, very watchably synced with the radio broadcast! Now they need to limit the team to just one running back and one quarterback per game so Cervi and Brooks can keep the names straight. :bulgy-eyes:
                  Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                    Glad to see I'm not the only one watching in person then streaming the video at home! Nice vid production going on this year, very watchably synced with the radio broadcast! Now they need to limit the team to just one running back and one quarterback per game so Cervi and Brooks can keep the names straight. :bulgy-eyes:
                    I was really impressed with the video broadcast of each school I got to watch; Mesa, Fort Lewis, CO Mines, and Pueblo's streams were all better than I've ever seen as far as quality and I experienced no lag or freezing.

As far as the original topic of the thread, Pueblo has no QB question mark unless the question is why isn't Brandon Edwards the only QB.

Pueblo also appears to have no o-line question besides which 5 to put on the field, they are young but very deep. The OL Baylor transfer needs to get back in shape, but he has 2 years left to play and if he's committed to working he will be on a 53 man roster in the future.

Comment

Does anybody know why CU transfer Frank Umu, DL, 6-4 322, is not on the T-Wolf active roster? Dude is a beast. He was projected to be a starter for the Buffs before he got released last year for what CU described as "non legal" reasons ...

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                        I was really impressed with the video broadcast of each school I got to watch; Mesa, Fort Lewis, CO Mines, and Pueblo's streams were all better than I've ever seen as far as quality and I experienced no lag or freezing.

As far as the original topic of the thread, Pueblo has no QB question mark unless the question is why isn't Brandon Edwards the only QB.

Pueblo also appears to have no o-line question besides which 5 to put on the field, they are young but very deep. The OL Baylor transfer needs to get back in shape, but he has 2 years left to play and if he's committed to working he will be on a 53 man roster in the future.

I noticed he was the only CSUP player on the field who didn't run down the field to celebrate TDs. He's a load in the trenches, but at 6-5, 355, he barely got back to the bench to sit a spell. Completely out of wind. Ha!

Comment

Does anybody know why CU transfer Frank Umu, DL, 6-4 322, is not on the T-Wolf active roster? Dude is a beast. He was projected to be a starter for the Buffs before he got released last year for what CU described as "non legal" reasons ...
                          Nothing he did, something to do with the transfer and him not currently being eligible is what I heard. Nothing to do with grades I don't believe but he's not (yet) able to play.

Comment

I noticed he was the only CSUP player on the field who didn't run down the field to celebrate TDs. He's a load in the trenches, but at 6-5, 355, he barely got back to the bench to sit a spell. Completely out of wind. Ha!
                            He's bigger than 355 too, closer to 375. He is one large individual.

Comment

Sounds like the mystery with both the CSU Pueblo O-line and the QB position is still unsolved.

I have heard Gunnar is developing into something special (but he's red-shirted) and Jace Christian has the arm and size to potentially be a Chris Bonner type of a QB. Is Wristen going to continue to run his program like pee wee football? Where he feels obligated to give players like AJ Thompson playing time because AJ's been around for so long or maybe AJ's parents might complain?

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X