Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

CSUP, 6 quick TD's and no sustained scoring drives. Makes a person wonder if they are the real deal. Dixie St. packed the box to tight to stop the run. All CSUP backs had to do was get past the line of scrimmage. Big yards on 6 big plays. Chadron had a good game with BHSU. Should be a good game. CSUP needs to show they can drive the ball and sustain the drive. Would like to see a little more passing. Cut down on the Penalties and fumbles!

Re: Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

I saw this in another thread. Dixie State packed the box to stop the run and "got caught".

Maybe I'm not as smart about football as I think I am, but to me, packing the box is bringing seven or eight guys in close to the line, to get a numbers advantage at the point of attack. In general, shouldn't "packing the box" prevent big running plays? Even sweeps should be mitigated to some extent if you have an outside linebacker playing contain.

Sounds to me like either Dixie LBs just made horrible defensive reads, or can't tackle, whether they had put eight in the box or five. Didn't watch the game, so I don't know. I've just read like twice by Pueblo fans that "packing the box" was a strategic blunder by Dixie and they might have defended better had they not. I don't see how that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
      I saw this in another thread. Dixie State packed the box to stop the run and "got caught".

Maybe I'm not as smart about football as I think I am, but to me, packing the box is bringing seven or eight guys in close to the line, to get a numbers advantage at the point of attack. In general, shouldn't "packing the box" prevent big running plays? Even sweeps should be mitigated to some extent if you have an outside linebacker playing contain.

Sounds to me like either Dixie LBs just made horrible defensive reads, or can't tackle, whether they had put eight in the box or five. Didn't watch the game, so I don't know. I've just read like twice by Pueblo fans that "packing the box" was a strategic blunder by Dixie and they might have defended better had they not. I don't see how that's possible.
      Put 8 in the box, with no help, and as soon as you get beat with 1 cut there's no help. Pueblo ran from a spread as opposed to 3 TEs which spreads the defense out, when any of their 3 RBs makes 1 guy miss it's a foot race.

Comment

Comment

Anything is posssible. See for yourself ... :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/PackFootbal...5594994971059/

Comment

Come on Chadron fans. Post something that we can respond too. We know you all had a great win against hapless BHSU, much like our win against Dixie St.

Comment

I guess the Chadron faithful are not available for comment on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                I guess the Chadron faithful are not available for comment on the game.
                I'll bite....if we can run the football we'll give ourselves a chance at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                  I'll bite....if we can run the football we'll give ourselves a chance at the end.
                  We are happy that you responded. That's the sprit! Good luck in todays game.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                    Will the Eagles pack the box like Dixie St. did to stop our run?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                      Will the Eagles pack the box like Dixie St. did to stop our run?
                      Couldn't tell ya. That is a double edged sword for sure. The run game is the key for sure. Whoever stops the run and is able to run will win the game.

Comment

Chadron's punter is having a rough game.

Comment

Honestly, I am tired of Chadron's offensive playcalling, it's gone stale over the years, especially against quality competition. Zero innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Chadron's punter is having a rough game.
                            4 punts for an average of 23 yards is the difference thus far, Pueblo leads 7-0 at the end of the 1st.

Comment

3 CSUP possessions starting in Chadron territory in the first quarter

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X