Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

Still not understanding the strategy with two quarterbacks and AJ Thompson has still not proved his value to the offense. I've heard really good things about the progress Gunnar Lamphere has made since his freshmen year. Edwards had a lack luster performance. What in the world is Wristening thinking right now?

Comment

Great win by the pack I hope this is a sign of the season!

Also what happened to the guy who use to post a lot about the Pack?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        Great win by the pack I hope this is a sign of the season!

Also what happened to the guy who use to post a lot about the Pack?
        Who? Thunderwolves Fan? Oh I think he decided to just cheer for the Broncos. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
          Who? Thunderwolves Fan? Oh I think he decided to just cheer for the Broncos. :wink:
          Maybe related to the Lindsay brothers?
          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Really, I heard he became a Highlands fan. Even wears a cowboy hat, or something. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
              Really, I heard he became a Highlands fan. Even wears a cowboy hat, or something. :smile-big:
              I heard leather pants and nothing else. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                I heard leather pants and nothing else. :bulgy-eyes:
                Nope, them is chaps. Eeewwwwww. :bulgy-eyes:
                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

I just watched the entire game again on Stretch and can someone please tell me if CSU Pueblo is the only team in the country that is trying to run the play action out of the shotgun? :bulgy-eyes: Seems like a dead give away to me, but what do I know. Brandon Edwards does not have the foot speed to play the kind of offense the OC is trying to run and AJ has the foot speed, but can't hit the side of a barn. Where is Gunnar??!!
                  Last edited by WalterCampFan; 09-11-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                    I just watched the entire game again on Stretch and can someone please tell me if CSU Pueblo is the only team in the country that is trying to run the play action out of the shotgun? :bulgy-eyes: Seems like a dead giving away to me, but what do I know. Brandon Edwards does not have the foot speed to play the kind of offense the OC is trying to run and AJ has the foot speed, but can't hit the side of a barn. Where is Gunnar??!!
                    I think they are hoping to redshirt Lamphere.

Comment

I think you're right. He didnt play in the first game. They brought in the kid from fountain fort Carson to finish the game. I think they need to stretch the field. Run more deep patterns and actually throw to the tight end.

Comment

Comment

The playbook has not been on display. Why would you show what you have against Dixie or Chadron. Everyone knows we will run the ball first. I expect the Pack to throw a little more so mines wont pack the box. The defense will put more pressure on the Mines passing game. Brandon will be just fine.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

If the coaches are confident enough in a passing game suddenly appearing after a 4 year hiatus then that is fantastic news for CSUP. Thinking you can simply flip a switch against good competition appears to be the consensus here. That could be the case but thus far Pueblo receivers have rarely gotten open in anything beyond a 3 yard route, and Brandon has been under pressure more than he should be, especially if defenses are keying on the run. In good news, answers to these questions will very much be answered over the next 2 weeks.

Brandon being 4-5 for however many yards isn't the problem for Pueblo, it's the fact that most of his yards have come on 2 throws. The rest have been for minimal gains and their 3rd down conversion percentage is quite poor (last in the RMAC). Being able to drop back to pass on obvious passing downs and have success is a must if Pueblo wants to do more than make the playoffs. That ability has been missing for years now.

Comment

It just troubles me deeply that a clearly solid running team is lining the QB up in the shotgun. Get his butt under center and take of advantage of the defense keying on the run with the play action. A team with a solid running game that puts their QB in the shotgun gives the impression that they are planning a read option and we all know that Brandon does not have the foot speed to run a read option. And faking the hand-off from the shotgun is not effective.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X