Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    It just troubles me deeply that a clearly solid running team is lining the QB up in the shotgun. Get his butt under center and take of advantage of the defense keying on the run with the play action. A team with a solid running game that puts their QB in the shotgun gives the impression that they are planning a read option and we all know that Brandon does not have the foot speed to run a read option. And faking the hand-off from the shotgun is not effective.
    Unlike you, I like the shotgun and pistol formations, run out of the hurry-up offense. Opposing defenses can be exploited in more ways and the offenses can more efficiently take advantage of mismatches and missed assignments. I agree with those who think that we have not seen Brandon open the playbook and use his strong arm.
    Taking the ball from under center is more restrictive. Why pass the ball when you can run it.

Comment

CSU Pueblo QBs have been sacked 5 times in just 2 games and in both games the opponent was blown out. What's going to happen when CSU Pueblo plays an upper tier team like Mines? I hope you are all right about this and I hope Brandon gets protection on Saturday or that he releases the ball sooner than he's been.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
        CSU Pueblo QBs have been sacked 5 times in just 2 games and in both games the opponent was blown out. What's going to happen when CSU Pueblo plays an upper tier team like Mines? I hope you are all right about this and I hope Brandon gets protection on Saturday or that he releases the ball sooner than he's been.
        It would be nice to see some quality passing but I'd just as soon the big 3 plus 2 running backs run it up and down the field for four quarters. The real question is, "Can Mines stop the Pueblo running attack?"
        Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X