Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I am not privy to all the details, but if Stitt could not win with Montana's resources what makes one think he could have won at UNC?
    Stitt was 21-14 at UM, one playoff trip in three years. He took over a pretty beat up program from a PR standpoint, beat NDSU, but lost to the Bobcats twice. Hir record was on par with Pflugrad's and Delaney's records. He pissed off a lot of the bigger boosters. He won, just not enough for the Griz faithful.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSkyBears View Post

Other sports have done pretty well at the D1 level. Think bigger picture, rather than just football.
      The bigger picture of praying you make the NCAA basketball tournament once a decade?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Stitt was 21-14 at UM, one playoff trip in three years. He took over a pretty beat up program from a PR standpoint, beat NDSU, but lost to the Bobcats twice. Hir record was on par with Pflugrad's and Delaney's records. He pissed off a lot of the bigger boosters. He won, just not enough for the Griz faithful.
        Correct. Montana was in no way built for what Stitt wanted to do, and he needed a couple more years to get there. But, people did not like his style, so that was the proverbial straw. I'm quite certain UNC would be more than ecstatic with a 21-14 record given where they have been. I don't see him coming back now though. He's making way more money now, and has a chance to rebuild a disaster at Texas State with a quality coaching staff.

But he does love Colorado....

Comment

Well, he might just go after the UNC job after all. Looks like Stitt was fired as OC at Texas State today. Will be interesting to see what his plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
            Well, he might just go after the UNC job after all. Looks like Stitt was fired as OC at Texas State today. Will be interesting to see what his plans are.
            I'd bet money Wristen doesn't even pretend to be interested so that's one candidate that's out. Let's see who is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'd bet money Wristen doesn't even pretend to be interested so that's one candidate that's out. Let's see who is interested.
              Acting interested is a nice negotiating tool

Comment

My best guess would be Stitt or Brandon(his alma mater). Don't know what his contract is at CSM though. So that may be a moot point.

Comment

The worst thing UNC could do is even give Stitt an interview. He wasn't give one the past two times he applied for the job, so I'm not sure he would even be interested again.

Comment

Stitt just got let go from his OC job. In my opinion he would be a better fit at SD Mines at this point. His coaching style resinated with those kind of kids and he has proven to be incredibly successful in that type school structure

Comment

Ed McCaffrey has been named the coach. Blown away!

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                        F***in' joke.

Comment

Signing day should be interesting. Wonder if he can pull some of those Colorado kids who are on the D2/FCS bubble, like this one...
                          https://247sports.com/Recruitment/An...ruitInterests/

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                            Signing day should be interesting. Wonder if he can pull some of those Colorado kids who are on the D2/FCS bubble, like this one...
                            https://247sports.com/Recruitment/An...ruitInterests/
                            Or will some kids commit disillusioned by his notoriety?
                            Last edited by Clean Liver; 12-14-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                              Why are you blown away?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Why are you blown away?
                                I will admit I was blow away too. Mainly because his name had come up in exactly ZERO leaks, whispers, discussion prior to the announcement. The first time myself or anyone following closely heard his name was about 90 minutes before the players meeting where they introduced him.

Prior to that all signs had been pointing to Stugart until he pulled his name from consideration. Then it seemed it was going to assistant Marty English. Looks like McCaffrey came in as close to the the zero hour as you possibly can; either that or it was a smokescreen the entire time, which I doubt (doesn't make sense). Not a single person following the it even had him as a possibility.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X