Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSU-P OC Hire

Welcome back Coach Wilkinson, a lot of talent to work with going into next year.

https://gothunderwolves.com/news/202...ordinator.aspx

These last few years I've felt (when watching CSUP) their offense was challenged..a lot..for a playoff caliber team with a defense that could get stops and a lot of takeaways. I think this is a positive step....what do others think?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      These last few years I've felt (when watching CSUP) their offense was challenged..a lot..for a playoff caliber team with a defense that could get stops and a lot of takeaways. I think this is a positive step....what do others think?
      I think this is a fantastic move. They had the talent on offense last year to put up big numbers and often failed to do so. Their offense has struggled with consistency since 2014, which is when Wilkinson was last at Pueblo. There are a lot of pieces returning for the Pack offense and I think this hire will take full advantage of that. Nick Williams and Dionte Sykes (if both stay healthy) are going to have big years which should open up the running game.

Comment

Wilk is not afraid to pass on 1st down when he feels the need to. Remember, Wristen is a run first coach. They need to get a bigger back with speed to run the ball. Someone who can take a licking and keep on ticking like a timex watch. Remember back when we had a back like that for the Natty! I know its asking a lot. The OL is big and strong but still needs to work on pass protection and sustaining blocks so the QB's have time to pass when necessary. The QB's also hold onto the ball too long. OK, I am off my soap box.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
          He just landed at SAU in the GAC. I think this is a great hire personally for SAU. What can you guys tell me about his play style overall? We had a coaches son as the OC before Mike coming on board. A real young guy, but not much experience. Again, let me know what you know about Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

He just landed at SAU in the GAC. I think this is a great hire personally for SAU. What can you guys tell me about his play style overall? We had a coaches son as the OC before Mike coming on board. A real young guy, but not much experience. Again, let me know what you know about Mike.
            I think a lot of talent was wasted at CSUP on the offensive side of the ball and don't think many Pack fans are sad to see Wilkinson back. Pueblo has been unable to replicate the balanced offense that it takes to be successful deep in the playoffs since 2014 so it's not all on Mike by any means, but he certainly wasn't the solution for Pueblo. I hope he has the utmost success throughout his career and finds a great fit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I think a lot of talent was wasted at CSUP on the offensive side of the ball and don't think many Pack fans are sad to see Wilkinson back. Pueblo has been unable to replicate the balanced offense that it takes to be successful deep in the playoffs since 2014 so it's not all on Mike by any means, but he certainly wasn't the solution for Pueblo. I hope he has the utmost success throughout his career and finds a great fit for him.
              Talking with a player from when he coached at UCA, he seems to be a coaches coach. Not necessarily a player's coach. Which can be good and bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X