• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportsvine
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    On 10/17 Colorado Mesa is at Black Hills at 12:00
    On 10/17 South Dakota Mines is at Chadron State at 5:00

It would be nice if Chadron moved the kickoff back to 7:00 to make that double header easily doable.
    You coming up this way?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    On 10/17 Colorado Mesa is at Black Hills at 12:00
    On 10/17 South Dakota Mines is at Chadron State at 5:00

It would be nice if Chadron moved the kickoff back to 7:00 to make that double header easily doable.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Chadron State schedules five games for this fall against RMAC opponents, but the games will be "non-conference" contests

https://chadroneagles.com/news/2020/...-schedule.aspx

at Colorado Mesa (Oct. 10)
    South Dakota Mines (Oct. 17)
    Black Hills State (Oct. 24)
    at South Dakota Mines (Oct. 31)
    at Black Hills State (Nov. 14)

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Yes, we have not heard about the general student population at CSU Pueblo. Just the 5 Student Athletes.

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    I saw on the news last night that 5 athletes at CSU Pueblo tested positive for COVID 19. Pueblo wont say what sports are affected. 1 student is at home and the rest are restricted in dorms with food and other things being brought to them. I wonder how the other schools are doing with their athletes?
    8 active cases at Chadron, and 25 recovered: https://www.csc.edu/covid19/csccases/index.csc

You would assume at least a couple of those are athletes, just playing the odds and the fact that they're the least socially distanced sorta by definition. They don't give specifics, though.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

That's what happens when college kids are college kids and throw parties.
    I had expectations of this happening. Kids think they are invincible to anything. Teachers, coaches, COVID and parents.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    I saw on the news last night that 5 athletes at CSU Pueblo tested positive for COVID 19. Pueblo wont say what sports are affected. 1 student is at home and the rest are restricted in dorms with food and other things being brought to them. I wonder how the other schools are doing with their athletes?
    That's what happens when college kids are college kids and throw parties.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'm wondering what the RMAC will do about games played this fall as their statement only addresses schools scheduling games on their own accord in the spring of 2021. Nothing in the release gives much direction one way or another for scheduling fall games.
    I basically read it as the RMAC abdicating any responsibility for football this year. Every man for himself in scheduling. NCAA allows either fall or spring.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    I'm wondering what the RMAC will do about games played this fall as their statement only addresses schools scheduling games on their own accord in the spring of 2021. Nothing in the release gives much direction one way or another for scheduling fall games.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles Fly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Did anyone else see this little twist? It'll be interesting to see which football schools take advantage of this in the fall, and what happens after that...
    https://rmacsports.org/news/2020/8/1...all-udate.aspx
    • There will be no football championship contested.
    • Institutions have the discretion to schedule conference and non-conference opponents.
    "After the difficult decision last week by the Council to move fall team sports to the spring, and following consultation with football coaches and athletic administrators, it became clear that many factors would interfere with the conduct of a true championship season," noted RMAC Commissioner Chris Graham. "The removal of the championship structure in the spring will allow our programs to independently administer seasons in a way that fits individual opportunities and interests."

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Here's the criteria for the waiver:
    http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21
    "The first allows schools to self-apply a season-of-competition waiver for student-athletes, provided all of these criteria are met:
    • due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
    • The student-athlete used a season of competition during the 2020-21 academic year.
    • The student-athlete was eligible for competition while competing during the 2020-21 academic year.

Individual waiver requests for student-athletes who do not meet the criteria above can be submitted through the traditional process and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

The Administrative Committee also voted to allow schools to self-apply an extension of eligibility waiver (two semesters or three quarters) if one of these criteria is met:
    • A student-athlete qualifies for a season-of-competition waiver as noted above.
    • A student-athlete is unable to participate due to the cancellation of the sport season."
    They later clarified this:
    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...vedActions.pdf

Leave a comment:

• DIIguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

The way I saw it worded, was "no more than 50% of the maximum" constests allowed, which is 10 this year. So five games could still be played and the players keep eligibility as long as the season ends "due to Covid-19"

Leave a comment:

• twolfbenchwarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

As long as no western slope schools are intercepting play calls and signaling like the Astros, an asterisk isn't needed. All five schools in the West have a championship, even FLC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X