Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am personally offended that either Marv Kay or Thunderbowl didn't make it into the top 10 over the likes of Central Missouri. I don't even see any chairback seats at UCM!

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
      I am personally offended that either Marv Kay or Thunderbowl didn't make it into the top 10 over the likes of Central Missouri. I don't even see any chairback seats at UCM!
      I see your point on Marv Kay. Personally, the Thunderbowl doesn't do much for me - track stadium, and the grandstand seems kinda mediocre to me, at least in the context of the list.

IMHO, PSU is about the only track stadium I would have in a top 10 list.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
        I thought that was a bit strange too compared to some of the stadiums on the list. Marv Kay is fantastic and the addition of the replay screen at Pueblo makes it one of the best in D2 as well.

Comment

I don't know, I think Mines a Pueblo are "in there". Mines could do a few more things, such a bigger/better scoreboard, and finishing the western SRO/tailgate areas. I'm not sure Augie's stadium is better than Mines/Pueblo, but never been there. Brandon does like spacious press facilities, and Mines lacks that. Not sure about Pueblo. If Pueblo wasn't so spread wide, it would be better.

WTAM's stadium definitely looks nice. I've been to Carnie Smith, and it is very nice. Carnie Smith is better than a lot of FCS stadiums, as are others on the Top Ten. I'd say Mines and Pueblo are in the Top 15 anyway. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
            I don't know, I think Mines a Pueblo are "in there". Mines could do a few more things, such a bigger/better scoreboard, and finishing the western SRO/tailgate areas. I'm not sure Augie's stadium is better than Mines/Pueblo, but never been there. Brandon does like spacious press facilities, and Mines lacks that. Not sure about Pueblo. If Pueblo wasn't so spread wide, it would be better.

WTAM's stadium definitely looks nice. I've been to Carnie Smith, and it is very nice. Carnie Smith is better than a lot of FCS stadiums, as are others on the Top Ten. I'd say Mines and Pueblo are in the Top 15 anyway. IMHO.
            Pueblo does have more than ample press/suite space. It goes across both sides of the indoor sections. Probably 2/3 hospitality, but still more than enough press space for D2.

Comment

From a player's perspective, it's Western hands down no discussion. The surface is absolute garbage with it being slightly worse than Ft. Lewis. What really seals the deal is the sheer inconvenience to the visiting team. It is a LONG, uphill walk from the cross country/track locker rooms to the field making it impossible to go back to the locker rooms at halftime. Instead, you sit as a team outside the bowl on a ledge overlooking the practice fields with a porta potty. It reminded me of pee wee soccer without the orange slices and mini Gatorades.

Best place to play as a visiting player in terms of facilities would be Co. Mines. It would've been Dixie since there were still in it when I was on the team, but I won't count them this time. Co. Mines got it right with a large visitors locker room with plenty of benches and easy access to the field. Mesa, Pueblo, and Chadron weren't awful in terms of access but the amount of space given to a traveling roster was inadequate.

Overall though, playing at Home at O'Harra was amazing. The car horns and drunk alumni and frat kids made things rowdy for the big games. Playing in the Black Hills Brawl under the lights at O'Harra will always be one of my fondest memories.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X