Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Ft. Lewis hands down. Great location and views, but the high school has a much better stadium to play in than the collage has! The tv game, they had to bring in lighting for the night game.
    Western needs a complete renovation and a fieldhouse for the players!
    There is a fieldhouse, granted it doesn't have turf but it's connected to the gym.

Comment

Sweet. It'll take a few years, but by consensus, it looks like I'll be able to personally check out some of your conference's preferred facilities. It'll seem like forever, but I know it'll come. (Mines and Pueblo)

Comment

Packfootball Nailed it. Fort Lewis has by far the worst stadium. It's definitely the most gorgeous setting in the RMAC and has to be at the top for any level. But the stadium? Oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Packfootball Nailed it. Fort Lewis has by far the worst stadium. It's definitely the most gorgeous setting in the RMAC and has to be at the top for any level. But the stadium? Oh boy.
          Mine is between Fort Lewis and Western, it would have been Highlands but I believe they replaced the turf at least.

For Western State - having halftime on the bus or under a tree as a college football player has to feel like a joke. The away stands aren't much better and it doesn't appear as though the home side is much to mention either.

Fort Lewis' grass always appears to be in better shape than Western's field, their facilities are at least close to the field, and the away side is about equal in quality but offers better views.

As far as best stadiums, hard to not go with Mines since the upgrades there. Pueblo's new replay screen makes it close though. I rarely sat in the stands so the track never bothered me but it is certainly a downside for those in the seats.

My top 5:
          1. Colorado Mines
          2. CSU Pueblo
          3. Colorado Mesa
          4. Chadron
          5. Adams State

For #4 & #5 though, they only count as half stadiums as neither even touched the away sides when they renovated. I understand money is an issue but it would've been nice to improve the visitor sides a tiny bit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Mine is between Fort Lewis and Western, it would have been Highlands but I believe they replaced the turf at least.

For Western State - having halftime on the bus or under a tree as a college football player has to feel like a joke. The away stands aren't much better and it doesn't appear as though the home side is much to mention either.

Fort Lewis' grass always appears to be in better shape than Western's field, their facilities are at least close to the field, and the away side is about equal in quality but offers better views.

As far as best stadiums, hard to not go with Mines since the upgrades there. Pueblo's new replay screen makes it close though. I rarely sat in the stands so the track never bothered me but it is certainly a downside for those in the seats.

My top 5:
              1. Colorado Mines
              2. CSU Pueblo
              3. Colorado Mesa
              4. Chadron
              5. Adams State

For #4 & #5 though, they only count as half stadiums as neither even touched the away sides when they renovated. I understand money is an issue but it would've been nice to improve the visitor sides a tiny bit.

Comment

My top 5:
                1. Colorado Mines
                2. CSU Pueblo
                3. Colorado Mesa
                4. Chadron
                5. Adams State

Neither did any away side upgrades, but keeping the status quo has Adams leaps and bounds ahead of Chadron on the visitor stands.

Comment

Neither did any away side upgrades, but keeping the status quo has Adams leaps and bounds ahead of Chadron on the visitor stands.
                  I only put Chadron ahead as you are much closer to the action there compared to Alamosa. I also simply like Chadron more than Adams.

Comment

Does CSM have concessions and restrooms for visitors on the side opposite the press box?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      Does CSM have concessions and restrooms for visitors on the side opposite the press box?
                      Yes there are both on the visiting side. Also a big covered area to sit for hours during a lightning delay lol.

Comment

My top 5:
                        1. Colorado Mines
                        2. CSU Pueblo
                        3. Colorado Mesa
                        4. Chadron
                        5. Adams State

The part I don't like about CSU Pueblo and Colorado Mesa doesn't really have anything to do about the stadium itself. I like all your top three. It's the fact that I'm going to get the crap knocked out me one of these days since there is really no Home - Visitor sides. You are all comingled. My mouth sorta tends run a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post

The part I don't like about CSU Pueblo and Colorado Mesa doesn't really have anything to do about the stadium itself. I like all your top three. It's the fact that I'm going to get the crap knocked out me one of these days since there is really no Home - Visitor sides. You are all comingled. My mouth sorta tends run a little bit.
                          Understood. There is a visitor section at both though. For Pueblo it would be impossible to have a visitor side as attendance is typically high enough that they need both sides for home fans. Were there a visitor side there would be an average of 15 fans on it during most conference games. The only altercation I have ever gotten into at the Thunderbowl was years back during a playoff game and it was with two Pueblo fans who were bad mouthing a Pueblo player.

Comment

I only put Chadron ahead as you are much closer to the action there compared to Alamosa. I also simply like Chadron more than Adams.
                            Really? Chadron is my least favorite trip in the conference.

Comment

Really? Chadron is my least favorite trip in the conference.
                              Oh, the town of Chadron is one of my least favorites in the RMAC. Watching Pueblo beat them however, is more satisfying. Not even due to anything negative, I just know what that game means and the respect that the CSU-P coaches have for what Chadron had built. Chadron plays hard and I rarely see anything after the whistle from them even with the rivalry with Pueblo. I give their fans on here a hard time but those games were some of my favorite away games.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post

Are you the guy with the megaphone? He probably deserves it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X