Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSUP Vs. Commerce

Puddy Cats against Puppies. Thursday night opener for both clubs. I am going! Should be fun. Don't know what to expect from both teams.

Pueblo's offense SHOULD be much improved. Wilkinson has a lot of talent to get the ball to. Sykes and Williams on the outside will be tough to stop. Roots and Penick in the backfield have a very talented OL to run behind. Lamphere needs to stay healthy, I hope for his sake he's able to do that.

On the other side of the ball it looks like there are a lot of transfers at all 3 levels, they'll be quickly tested against Commerce although I believe their QB Miklo Smalls is still recovering from a torn ACL and is not likely to play. I don't expect much of a drop from what Pueblo defenses have always done.

Props to Pueblo for opening with Commerce and Grand Valley (and to Commerce for having Pueblo and West Florida on their schedule)...we'll know a lot about the SR4 playoff picture pretty early in the season it seems.

Comment

It's a hard way to start the season but strength of schedule can make a big difference come November! At least once that I can recall that was what got Pueblo invited to post season over a team with a similar record.
      Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Stayed and watched until the end of the 3rd but looks like Mines will win the conference again. Same ole Pueblo, great defensive effort against a great team all for nothing due to an inept offense.
        Last edited by Turbonium; 09-02-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

They need to get Roots going. 44 yards is certainly not like him.

Comment

Stayed for the whole game. About what I expected. Sloppy play on both teams. High winds played a big part. Big penalties by both teams. Pueblo's starting QB hurt in first qtr. Back-up was fair. 3rd QB for Pueblo was good and ignited a spark but not enough for a late TD.

Comment

This got posted as the top news article on this site. The Colorado Springs news guy annoyed me. I don't think I've ever heard them called the "Wolfpack" or the "wolves" before. Only "ThunderWolves" or the "Pack"
              https://krdo.com/news/2021/09/02/csu...s-am-commerce/

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                This got posted as the top news article on this site. The Colorado Springs news guy annoyed me. I don't think I've ever heard them called the "Wolfpack" or the "wolves" before. Only "ThunderWolves" or the "Pack"
                https://krdo.com/news/2021/09/02/csu...s-am-commerce/
                It's unusual to get any coverage at all. Can't expect them to actually know the proper name of the team.
                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X