Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RMAC Preseason Football

Anyone want to give their predictions on how things wind up this year? I'll be first to be wrong:
    1. CSU-Pueblo
    2. Colorado School of Mines
    3. Chadron State
    4. Dixie State
    5. Colorado Mesa
    6. South Dakota Mines
    7. New Mexico Highlands
    8. Western State
    9. Adams State College
    10. Fort Lewis
    11. Black Hills State

Comment

This is how they will finish the season:

1. CSU Pueblo
      3. Chadron State
      4. South Dakota Mines
      5. Colorado Mesa
      6. New Mexico Highlands
      7. Western State Colorado
      8. Dixie State*
      9. Adams State College
      10 Black Hills State
      11. Fort Lewis College

* The reason for the low ranking, turmoil with the new coaching staff and many player transfers.

Comment

1. Pueblo
        2. Mines
        3. Chadron
        4. Mesa
        5. Dixie
        6. Western
        7. SD Mines
        8. Highlands
        9. Adams
        10. Black Hills
        11. Fort Lewis

Comment

My first ever RMAC prediction ... after studying the rosters, reading about each team and from reading what some of y'all of written.

1. Pueblo ... Defense wins championships and it appears they will be for real on defense
          2. Mines ... Serious questions at QB & WR, plus Pueblo on the road
          3. Chadron ... Like what I'm reading/hearing about both the coaching staff and the players ... they should give both the teams above a run for the money.

Who really cares after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            This is how they will finish the season:

1. CSU Pueblo
            3. Chadron State
            4. South Dakota Mines
            5. Colorado Mesa
            6. New Mexico Highlands
            7. Western State Colorado
            8. Dixie State*
            9. Adams State College
            10 Black Hills State
            11. Fort Lewis College

* The reason for the low ranking, turmoil with the new coaching staff and many player transfers.
            I agree with your top three..SD Mines at 4 is a bit of a head scratcher for me though. They lost their QB who made them go. I think they'll be in that #6 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
              My first ever RMAC prediction ... after studying the rosters, reading about each team and from reading what some of y'all of written.

1. Pueblo ... Defense wins championships and it appears they will be for real on defense
              3. Chadron ... Like what I'm reading/hearing about both the coaching staff and the players ... they should give both the teams above a run for the money.

The biggest question is the qb position. It seems Mines receivers come out of the woodwork. Never expected Oliver to do what he did. Ty Young broke out when Renkin was supposed to be the main receiver. They will be ok at the receiver position. Only if the qb can get the ball close.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                I agree with your top three..SD Mines at 4 is a bit of a head scratcher for me though. They lost their QB who made them go. I think they'll be in that #6 spot.
                They lost their leading rusher and leading receiver as well it appears.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                  Mesa is going down hill fast and SD Mines would have been #5 but they filled the 4 spot in place of Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    They lost their leading rusher and leading receiver as well it appears.
                    Mesa lost a lot as well due to graduation. Recruiting has been below average lately.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

I agree! After #3 is a flip of the coin to #7. Then Flip the coin for the last 4!

Comment

I was in GJ today for work stuff, but I stopped by Mesa's practice. From what I could tell the starting QB taking 1st team reps was #15(not on 2019 roster). I think its Sophomore Hayden Bollinger from Las Vegas. The Sentinel has reported that it's a 3 headed race but he has the highest ceiling between Howard and last year's backup Rope Ruel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxMQAxudc74
                        Last edited by mountaineermagic; 08-14-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                          I was in GJ today for work stuff, but I stopped by Mesa's practice. From what I could tell the starting QB taking 1st team reps was #15(not on 2019 roster). I think its Sophomore Hayden Bollinger from Las Vegas. The Sentinel has reported that it's a 3 headed race but he has the highest ceiling between Howard and last year's backup Rope Ruel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxMQAxudc74
                          If this guy wins the starting job, they have problems in GJ. Based on that highlight package, he looks too slow to run at all in the RMAC. And the highlights start with a QB sneak? Uh, OK dude... Rope Ruel doesn't have it either. He looked like a deer in headlights in the one game I saw last yr vs. CSUP.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post
                            If this guy wins the starting job, they have problems in GJ. Based on that highlight package, he looks too slow to run at all in the RMAC. And the highlights start with a QB sneak? Uh, OK dude... Rope Ruel doesn't have it either. He looked like a deer in headlights in the one game I saw last yr vs. CSUP.
                            He's not going to be a scrambling threat like Salum. He seemed like a Austin Kaiser pocket type from a few year's ago. Yea I wasn't blown away by Ruel on the computer vs Pueblo either.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                              He's not going to be a scrambling threat like Salum. He seemed like a Austin Kaiser pocket type from a few year's ago. Yea I wasn't blown away by Ruel on the computer vs Pueblo either.
                              To be fair to Ruel, I'm not sure I was impressed with any QB when watching them against Pueblo last year.

Comment

https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.a...&path=football

Pack roster is updated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X