• Show
Clear All

Re: RMAC Preseason Football

Fort Lewis Roster up and running.
    https://goskyhawks.com/roster.aspx?p...49&sort=jersey

Comment

Originally posted by "Bobby" Boucher View Post

Welcome to the board Waterboy! Hopefully Fort Lewis bounces back this fall. They're a fun rival to have for Western, Adams and Mesa on the western slope.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
        Welcome to the board Waterboy! Hopefully Fort Lewis bounces back this fall. They're a fun rival to have for Western, Adams and Mesa on the western slope.
        Looking forward to seeing what transpires. It's only up from last year. With D1 transfers from University of Nevada, Wyoming, Army, and Fresno State along with the giant O line that Coach Nady recruited (Average 6'4" 325lbs) things should be improved. Game 1 at Highlands will be a gauge on that improvement.
        Last edited by "Bobby" Boucher; 08-18-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

To say nothing of their ability to wreck Pueblo in Durango.
          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what transpires. It's only up from last year. With D1 transfers from University of Nevada, Wyoming, Army, and Fresno State along with the giant O line that Coach Nady recruited (Average 6'4" 325lbs) things should be improved. Game 1 at Highlands will be a gauge on that improvement.

The influx of DI transfers can sometimes be overrated. Best example? New Mexico Highlands. Over the years the Pokes have had an abundance of talent, but no discipline, cohesion or comradery, and therefore no RMAC title. Oh, as an aside, look at what happened to coach Brown at Independence CC last year? Before the season began, he bragged about cornering the market on top rated DI bounce backs and had visions on a natty. Brown won only 2 games and got fired for behaving like an outlaw. Last Chance U ...

T-Wolves are playing the Skyhawks in Durango this year. Scary. Advantage birdies ... :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
              The influx of DI transfers can sometimes be overrated. Best example? New Mexico Highlands. Over the years the Pokes have had an abundance of talent, but no discipline, cohesion or comradery, and therefore no RMAC title. Oh, as an aside, look at what happened to coach Brown at Independence CC last year? Before the season began, he bragged about cornering the market on top rated DI bounce backs and had visions on a natty. Brown won only 2 games and got fired for behaving like an outlaw. Last Chance U ...

T-Wolves are playing the Skyhawks in Durango this year. Scary. Advantage birdies ... :bulgy-eyes:
              Just from the two years I was at Fort Lewis they seemed to recruit pretty classy guys. Their athletic department seemed to keep guys under control pretty well too. I would think that a first year coach would build things up the slow way to prevent team problems. Having Riffalato's experience is huge for the foundation of the team. Vegas and Indy are much different academically as well the culture to Durango and FLC.

Comment

Just from the two years I was at Fort Lewis they seemed to recruit pretty classy guys. Their athletic department seemed to keep guys under control pretty well too. I would think that a first year coach would build things up the slow way to prevent team problems. Having Riffalato's experience is huge for the foundation of the team. Vegas and Indy are much different academically as well the culture to Durango and FLC.
                You are right on the money Mountaineermagic. 1st year Head Coach Crosby and Coach Nady have used their FBS influence (From Nevada) to orchestrate quite a recruiting class of upstanding individuals/athletes and to change the culture of football in Durango. The new AD is also a football guy and is placing extra emphasis on bringing the team up to par. The key will be establishing a solid roster of 2 deep to avoid the injury plague of past.

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                  To say nothing of their ability to wreck Pueblo in Durango.
                  I was talking about their rivals on the western slope. It would be a stretch to say FLC is a big rival to CSUP. Wiinning at Pueblo would make it a rivalry though IMO.

Comment

We'll all know by week 3 how seriously Mesa is- @SD Mines(Won 36-33 in GJ last year), vs ENMU(won by 13 in Portales and vs Western(won by 4 in Gunnison). Anything worse than 2-1 and there very well may be some regression within the program. I don't like saying it, but they are one of the more important programs in the conference with their enrollment size and population of GJ. Three conference losses should be the floor of a program with Mesa's resources.
                    I don't know that their "resources" are all that great, given the size of the school. That seems to be a major issue. When they looked at going FCS, they indicated their current scholly count was 18-20. I'm sorry, but that is awful for a school this size. And the recruiting results are bearing out this resource problem.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                      I don't know that their "resources" are all that great, given the size of the school. That seems to be a major issue. When they looked at going FCS, they indicated their current scholly count was 18-20. I'm sorry, but that is awful for a school this size. And the recruiting results are bearing out this resource problem.
                      That's pretty suprising and unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                        By resources I mean just a combination of facilities, location and support of the GJ community. They would be ahead of Western, Adams and Fort Lewis in scholarships. Western is around the mid-teens. I think you have to see what the Mavs look like this fall before accessing the recruiting class.

Comment

You are right on the money Mountaineermagic. 1st year Head Coach Crosby and Coach Nady have used their FBS influence (From Nevada) to orchestrate quite a recruiting class of upstanding individuals/athletes and to change the culture of football in Durango. The new AD is also a football guy and is placing extra emphasis on bringing the team up to par. The key will be establishing a solid roster of 2 deep to avoid the injury plague of past.
                          Will Fort Lewis primarily be running the pistol again with the Nevada influence? Is Lowry going to be the starter at Qb?

Comment

Will Fort Lewis primarily be running the pistol again with the Nevada influence? Is Lowry going to be the starter at Qb?
                            Yes, it will be an RPO offense with a Nevada influence and Lowry will be slinging it to 2 new wideouts 6'3" Markez Boykin and 6'4" Isaac Leppke respectively. Parker Strahler and Arealous Hughes in the slot. Also added power in the backfield in Manny Nwosu 6' 230 and Jeff Hansen 5'10" 202.

Comment

Pueblo has picked up another D1 transfer along the OL, with the additions and every starter returning, this group should do some good things for what looks to be a much improved Pack offense. I don't expect them to struggle through the air any longer...

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Anyone want to give their predictions on how things wind up this year? I'll be first to be wrong:
                                1. CSU-Pueblo
                                2. Colorado School of Mines
                                3. Chadron State
                                4. Dixie State
                                5. Colorado Mesa
                                6. South Dakota Mines
                                7. New Mexico Highlands
                                8. Western State
                                9. Adams State College
                                10. Fort Lewis
                                11. Black Hills State
                                1 CSUP
                                2 CSM
                                3 CSC
                                4 CMU
                                5 NMHU
                                6 WCU
                                7 DSU
                                8 BHSU
                                9 SDM
                                10 FLC
                                11 ASU

Staying true to my word and picking Pueblo to win it until there's a reason not to. Although, it feels like a shakier pick than usual when looking at who they graduated on D and their front-loaded schedule. If they make it to October with only 1 loss, they should be playing into December. Best O-line in conference.

If I let my gut decide it would be Mines on top. Think they return like 9 on D and 4 or 5 OL. Somehow they always reload at the offensive skill positions, and Mayberry is hands down the best back returning.

Chadron could be the most fun to watch. Top to bottom maybe the best receiving corps returning and QB in 3rd year starting. Great stable of backs and one just added from Montana State. Will need D to improve greatly in order to sneak up on Pueblo or Mines at home.

Mesa I could pick to go 9-2 or 2-9. No idea what they'll do this year except that they return a lot and are always athletic. I'm going with the fact that whoever is the QB has Anderson to throw to, and that their D had to replace too much, too quickly last year and should be better.

Year 3 of Martyball at Highlands will be interesting to watch unfold. They don't have a roster up yet but they seem to have recruited well and from all across the country. No more last chance U.

Western always plays well on D, and will need to find something to click on offense. They seem optimistic with promising coaching hires on offense. Realistic path to 5 or 6 wins.

An obvious rebuild for Dixie. Several wildcards on the roster but winning big in year 1 seems like too tall a task.

?Black Hills graduated a 4 year starter at QB which IMO could be a positive. The run game improved as the year went on, with a negative yard game vs Pueblo being the exception not the rule.??????

The other Mines graduated a super set of triplets. At a scrimmage yesterday the quarterbacks article doesnt say who) threw 2 pick sixes and the coach said QB "isn't at the top of their concern list".

Fort Lewis with another coaching shakeup SMH. If there's one place that can't sustain that kind of turnover, it's FLC and its small scholarship budget.

Finally A_ams really lived out the missing letter meme in real life last season, giving up 50+ a game on D. With their best player graduating at just about every position group on both sides of the ball, they could really fall through the floor this year. Right on cue, their last signing day included 6 high school players and 16 transfers. Potential for an epic season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X