Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on USC & UCLA to the BIG10

Any chance this impacts D2?

My guess is San Diego State and Colorado State get invites to Pac 12 within the next week. I think only Mesa, Mines and Pueblo are the only RMAC positioned schools for a jump to FCS in the next 3-4 years, but it's all changing so fast, who knows.

Comment

I am not even going to guess as to what happens next.

Comment

Not really any thoughts other than I look forward to them competing with Illinois for 6th place in the west. Neither school really matters in college football anymore

Comment

The MWC will probably pick up the crumbs from the PAC 12. OSU, WSU, CAL and Standford. But could this be the chance that the WAC is looking for with D1 FCS football? Could Tarleton and Dixie St be ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            The MWC will probably pick up the crumbs from the PAC 12. OSU, WSU, CAL and Standford. But could this be the chance that the WAC is looking for with D1 FCS football? Could Tarleton and Dixie St be ready?
            Could Tarleton and Dixie St be ready for what? The MWC? In what way would they be ready?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Could Tarleton and Dixie St be ready for what? The MWC? In what way would they be ready?
                This may be a chance for the WAC to pick up some crumbs also, if the MWC does not. Since Tarleton and Dixie St just move up from D2 a couple of years ago for FBS D1, could those schools move up with the WAC to FCS? The WAC wants to be a FCS Conference again. Thats what I am talking about. Dixie still schedules D2 schools to pad their egos with wins. Tarleton could probably handle the move to FCS, but get their butts spanked by other FCS schools.

Comment

From a D2 perspective I don't think this moves the needle. No one is coming for WAC schools and so the WAC isn't coming for the RMAC. Mesa told the WAC thanks but no thanks a few years ago. With the separation of Friends of Football, I don't see there being any impetus or long-term funding from donors to support Pueblo jumping ship. Mines has always been content to hold down the fort in the RMAC as one of the original members. While they are well funded and starting to get established as an athletic power, it wasn't that long ago they were a bottom feeder. There's no reason for it to shake up the RMAC.
                  Last edited by GoneBlastin; 07-13-2022, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                    My guess is San Diego State and Colorado State get invites to Pac 12 within the next week. I think only Mesa, Mines and Pueblo are the only RMAC positioned schools for a jump to FCS in the next 3-4 years, but it's all changing so fast, who knows.
                    I think that list is actually only Mesa. Mines could conceivably swing it financially, but I don't see them wanting to move up. It's one thing to deal with the academics and athletics at the D2 level, but where would they fit in FCS? I love my Thunderwolves, but never in a million years could CSU Pueblo make this happen on the money side of things. The only reason I could see Mesa making the jump is the size of the school and there were already people mentioning them for D1.

Comment

The two most likely to jump would be Mesa and MSU Denver (non-football)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X