Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post

So glad that I only had to play there once. Really happy to hear that y'all are finally upgrading the Bowl to make it good enough to match the view. The turf and locker rooms are the most needed. I'm sure teams will not miss the lone porta potty on the ridge overlooking the practice fields for halftime haha. Once this is done, that's gotta mean that Ft. Lewis is now dead last for stadiums in the RMAC
    The temporary field will be a pain for visiting teams since its above the Bowl, no locker rooms, higher elevation and further from the gym. It was definitely needed. I was kinda bummed about going to artificial turf but at 7723' ft elevation grass quality gets dicey especially in October and November. From going to FLC for two years I liked the views, but game atmosphere was non-existent.. From rumors I've heard an upgrade is being planned at Dennison Memorial soon. I'm guessing but they'd probably go with artificial turf like Durango High School.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

The temporary field will be a pain for visiting teams since its above the Bowl, no locker rooms, higher elevation and further from the gym. It was definitely needed. I was kinda bummed about going to artificial turf but at 7723' ft elevation grass quality gets dicey especially in October and November. From going to FLC for two years I liked the views, but game atmosphere was non-existent.. From rumors I've heard an upgrade is being planned at Dennison Memorial soon. I'm guessing but they'd probably go with artificial turf like Durango High School.
      The grass quality was definitely rough. We played there the last game of the season, and when I wasn’t focusing on getting my next breath, the field felt like shotputs had been thrown all over it. Fort Lewis was definitely dead when I played there but what was worse is that there was deer crap all over the field. Highlands was REALLY bad before they got new turf. Not to mention they had the horse that led the team out just hang out under the goalpost for the first quarter which was a bit unnerving.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
        Huge victory for Western in a stadium they had never won in and city since 1981. If they're able to run the ball like they did on Saturday they should be in about every remaining game. Likely the RMAC will only get 1 playoff team in so the margin for error is slim. Glad both Mines visit Gunnison.
        From 84 to 2008 neither team lost or won in Pueblo!

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Adjusted after week 3:
          1 Mines: Again, with a bullet
          2 SD Mines: All three games, even the loss, have shown me more than the rest
          3 Pueblo: Still bearish, but not ready to drop them below Black Hills
          4 Black Hills: They aren't really moving down, so much as SD Mines moving up faster
          5 Western: Still think they finish 6-5 or so, but a win on the road is what it is
          6 Mesa: Man, what a tough loss at home
          7 Highlands: I know, it's only FLC, but 1-0 nonetheless
          8 Chadron: We now know more. Still saying a change in QB could work wonders (see Chadron State thread)
          9 Adams: "LOL," said the scorpion. "LMAO."
          10 vacant
          After week 4

1 Mines: Enough said
          2 SD Mines: Solid second
          3 Black Hills: Put up or shut up week
          4 Western: Still think they take 2-3 more losses
          5 Pueblo: Good news: 4 game win streak ahead
          6 Mesa: Disappointing start
          7 Highlands: They tend to sneak up on someone every year .. look out BHSU
          8 Chadron: Floors me SD teams are rolling and CSC falling every week
          9 Adams: Even this weekend can't make me forget 84-10

Comment

1. Colorado Mines - Early domination within the conference. But with 2 losses already, need to be prepared for every conference game to avoid that surprise upset.
            2. Black Hills - They've beaten every team they've lined up against. Impressive last drive to secure the win vs. Mesa.
            3. SD Mines - They have the positive momentum of a building program. They finished last year strong and have picked that up this year.
            4. Western - Still not sure what to think here, but they are 2-0 in RMAC play
            We've reached the part of our poll where the power is definitely lacking...
            5. Pueblo - less bad than the teams below them?
            6. Highlands - They've won a game in conference, likely a second after this week
            7. Mesa - Which is more than we can say for Mesa.
            8. Adams - They got rolled by CSM in the end, but they pulled within 14-10 and forced Mines to make a goal line stand on their next drive... they had fight, until they didn't. They have shown fight in all of their games. I like this Adams team a lot more than others in recent memory
            9. Chadron - Not a lot going positively for this team this year. Pillow fight of the year next week, but they get the champ this week
            10. FLC - Just a bad football team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X