Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the supporters of teams in the RMAC so quiet this year?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the supporters of teams in the RMAC so quiet this year?

A lot of changes for football in the RMAC during the off season. New HC's. A rumor that this will be the last year for Ft. Lewis. If that happens, I will still visit Durango. Will the top Team still be CO. Mines? Are football teams from S.D. really improving? And Chadron is just being Chadron and becoming a bottom dwellers like NM Highlands and Adams. Western had be making a few avalanches in football this decade. Can they keep it going? Mesa has become a middle of the group team. Dang, I can hear the crickets chirping it is so quiet.

Chadron's days of dominance are long gone and will likely never return. I heard a rumor once that Jay Long can keep his position as long as he wants because they value him more for academics rather than athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
      A lot of changes for football in the RMAC during the off season. New HC's. A rumor that this will be the last year for Ft. Lewis. If that happens, I will still visit Durango. Will the top Team still be CO. Mines? Are football teams from S.D. really improving? And Chadron is just being Chadron and becoming a bottom dwellers like NM Highlands and Adams. Western had be making a few avalanches in football this decade. Can they keep it going? Mesa has become a middle of the group team. Dang, I can hear the crickets chirping it is so quiet.
      Pueblo's dominance during their decade long run killed the forum because many were too soft to deal with some fun trash talk on a message board. There used to be several active Chadron posters that could have fun until they continued to turn into Pueblo's little brother and slowly they lost all hope in retuning to the dominance they one enjoyed. Now Mines is dominant but their fan base is weak compared to their recent success. Weak enough that an alum that was gracious enough to donate his time to be the conference columnist picking against them hurt their poor little feelings.

Comment

Funny, my first thought was camps have started, lets see what people are saying here.

There are a lot of BHSU alumni that could be great posters on this forum. Unfortunately they either don't know about this forum, or are unwilling to post.

I think SD schools continual rise will be a huge key for the conference. BHSU has some great people working to improve athletics in general and financially.

SD Mines QB last year was a stud, believe he is back for his final year. Bridges the WR who put up lots of stats last year I believe is gone.

BHSU brought in a lot of new kids with lots of accolades, many kids with all state or all region awards as well as team captains, this impressed me. It will be interesting to see if years of this can result in continued success and improvement.

QB room will be different this year, They did bring in another Oregon State transfer (Jake Blair R- FR) and a transfer from Northwest Oklahoma (Tanner Clarkson, SR), plus several high school kids and a couple younger guys who were on the roster a year ago. I haven't looked the roster very deep but I do believe they return a lot of starters from last year. Most of the skilled offensive players that I recognize are still there.

The Non conference schedule is harder than last year, and 2 rivalry games in the first 3 conference games puts a lot of early pressure on BHSU this season.

Wishful thinking on my part was Coach Breske convincing Joel Scott to play TE. He transferred to CSU to play basketball as a 5th year senior. He shattered a record that dates back to the 70s in career scoring. The guy is 6'7" and is a freak athlete. Would have loved watching him in pads, but will also be interested in watching him play D1 basketball. I don't have any indication this was something he was even interested in, just my biased hopefulness. He might have been able to follow in Zach Alcorn's footsteps and be the second BHSU TE to play in the NFL since 2000. Alcorn's son will be a R-FR at SD mines I believe.
        Last edited by BHer; 08-13-2023, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Pueblo's dominance during their decade long run killed the forum because many were too soft to deal with some fun trash talk on a message board. There used to be several active Chadron posters that could have fun until they continued to turn into Pueblo's little brother and slowly they lost all hope in retuning to the dominance they one enjoyed. Now Mines is dominant but their fan base is weak compared to their recent success. Weak enough that an alum that was gracious enough to donate his time to be the conference columnist picking against them hurt their poor little feelings.
          I don’t why the Mines fans got their panties in a wad because someone just gave their honest opinion. I’m a Mines fan and had my doubts with Angelo State.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
            I don’t why the Mines fans got their panties in a wad because someone just gave their honest opinion. I’m a Mines fan and had my doubts with Angelo State.
            No idea either, just thought a bit of poking could get some members to post in this otherwise mostly desolate forum.

Comment

It might be a symptom of this media. I suspect it's the diehards that continue to use it. It's not much different over at the GLIAC forum. Solid conf. Top teams. Minimal posts. I'm a bit envious of those forums that get some chatter. But in fairness, I've not much to add to ours either, so I'm not throwing stones.

Comment

I have not been canceled yet. But you never know. Maybe need to post some things to fire people up.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                  I have not been canceled yet. But you never know. Maybe need to post some things to fire people up.
                  Mostly, I was just waiting for a reason. Probably ought to start thinking about getting the pick'em going again, huh?

Week 1 will be one hell of a battle. This year getting GV at home might give a little pick me up and change the result. I look forward to all the trash talk coming from Kle and Redwing here and on the GLIAC Forum.

Comment

If you are a genuine RMAC fan you have to be pulling for the nerds at Colorado Mines to do well this year in their pursuit of a national title. The nerds will have a new HC (Pete Sterbick) but bring back a boatload of talent that competed for the natty last year. There are 18 returning starters on the team including the Harlan Hill winner John Matocha. He will be passing to Mac McLeod, a gifted receiver who led the nation in catches last year. Matocha will have excellent pass blocking because almost the entire O-line returns. On defense, the nerds bring back a unit that has eight All-RMAC starters who led the nation in sacks last year. Colorado Mines players are old enough to be your grandad -- 17 sixth-year seniors.

I’m a dyed in the wool T-Wolves fanatic who hopes that new CSUP HC Phil Vigil will bring the PACK back to RMAC dominance. That’s not likely to happen overnight however. In the meantime, I hope the nerds have a good year and make the RMAC proud by winning the conference and maybe even a national championship – just like the T-Wolves did in 2014. I still remember watching the PACK kick Sam Houston’s ass 47 -21 in Huntsville, Texas before a shocked crowd who wondered, “what the hell is T-Wolf?”

Go PACK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                      I’m a dyed in the wool T-Wolves fanatic who hopes that new CSUP HC Phil Vigil will bring the PACK back to RMAC dominance. That’s not likely to happen overnight however. In the meantime, I hope the nerds have a good year and make the RMAC proud by winning the conference and maybe even a national championship – just like the T-Wolves did in 2014. I still remember watching the PACK kick Sam Houston’s ass 47 -21 in Huntsville, Texas before a shocked crowd who wondered, “what the hell is T-Wolf?”

Go PACK!!!
                      Did the Huntsville home crowd handle losing as poorly as they do now, or is that a recent development? Saw them get demolished in a home playoff game a couple years ago, more middle fingers than I saw in 9 other venues combined that year.

Comment

Looking forward to the home opener against West Texas A&M and Josh Lynn's option offense. Curious to see if the Buffs have a QB anywhere close to as exciting as TJ Davis at UNK. Hopeful it will be a better game than last year in Canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                          Looking forward to the home opener against West Texas A&M and Josh Lynn's option offense. Curious to see if the Buffs have a QB anywhere close to as exciting as TJ Davis at UNK. Hopeful it will be a better game than last year in Canyon.
                          Is he running the option at WT?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Is he running the option at WT?
                            I would assume so since it's what he's known for from Eastern New Mexico and Kearney. There's probably a lot of high schools in Texas that run the option so recruitment wouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                              They’re likely going to run some form of the option but I don’t think it will be the same as ENMU. Lynn managed to keep WT’s top receiver from last year around so they’re planning to throw the ball more. Unsure of the starting QB but they have a D1 transfer in the running.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X