Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Pickem

Here it is folks. Also, I think that CSU-Pueblo Vs. Western may be the game of the week so the bonus game is comparatively less exciting. Here we go.

Adam at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5)
    Highlands (-28.5) at Fort Lewis
    Wester at Pueblo (-5.5)
    Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5)
    Chadron at Black Hills (-13.5)

Bonus:
    Saginaw Valley (-1.5) at Truman

RMAC Connection: Truman, near the top of the GLVC, played a tough contest with SD Mines last week. Saginaw is near the top of the GLIAC so by the transitive property of football we have another comp to one of the top conferences in the county, the GLIAC. Also if things get crazy Truman is one of the very few schools that could get switched into the SR4 playoffs.

Adams at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5)
    Western at Pueblo (-5.5)
    Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5)

​​​​​​​Some real tough spreads this week.

Comment

This line seems terrible, until you realize Mines has won by 74 and 63 the last two seasons, respectively. Just like last season, Matocha and company haven't really been able to get off against high level competition, and it changes in week 3. Mines to cover 70-10.

Another big number, and I'm not convinced that I trust NMHU here yet. Except that I do trust FLC. Cowboys cover 45-6.

Wester at Pueblo (-5.5)
      Western has won the last two (as far back as I looked). And this is the second season in a row in Pueblo (I thought all teams rotated home and away?). Western has played well this year and has Pueblo's number the last couple. But, I think... Pueblo has played better competition, and they look to have some offensive explosiveness back. The pups get the win by a TD 34-28.

Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5)
      Who was that jerk who said Mesa would lose to a team with no scholarship players?!? Moving along... I don't believe Mesa's OL has enough TD passes in them this week to keep up with either Mines team. SDSM 34-17.

Chadron's is the slowest precipitous drop I have ever witnessed. Black Hills continues to right the ship and grabs a conference win, 44-17.

Bonus:
      Sag Valley has the misfortune to be in the same conference as Grand Valley St and Ferris St. It's hard to stand out amongst those trees. Truman is a good team, but is not yet a great team. I think Saginaw beats them comfortably on the road 34-17.

Comment

Adams at Mines (-47.5) Adams wins the 2nd half by 3 Mines 77-10
        Highlands(-28.5) at FLC FLC struggles and loses 35-6
        Western at CSUP (-5.5) CSUP defense is strong and the offense is showing some firepower and its time to start making a statement to become the #2 team for the RMAC CSUP 35-7
        Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5) SDM 35-24
        Chadron at BH (-13.5) Chadron not as sharp BH 27-10
        Saginaw Valley at Truman (-1.5) Saginaw 24-17

Comment

Adams at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5): Mines calls off the dogs and keeps it below 45
          Highlands (-28.5) at Fort Lewis: A rare bye week for Highlands
          Western at Pueblo (-5.5): Doggies are salty after tough loss at Grand Valley
          Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5): Rockers win, but Mesa covers
          Chadron at Black Hills (-13.5): I can see the Hanging Chads covering but BH winning
          Saginaw Valley (-1.5) at Truman: Early playoff implications game ... not fully sold on Saggy
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Adams at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5) Hopefully Blaster doesn't succumb to exhaustion after running so much. 59-7 Orediggers.
            Highlands (-28.5) at Fort Lewis- No confidence in the Skyhawks, so Cowboys pick up an RMAC opening win 42-10.
            Western at Pueblo (-5.5)- Should be another classic as WCU goes for a third straight W over the Pack. 28-24 Mountaineers.
            Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5)- The Mavs picked up their first signature win for Miles Kochevar @USD. Think they pick up another on the road in Rapid City. 27-21 Mavs.
            Chadron at Black Hills (-13.5)- Yellow Jackets 30-13

Bonus:

Comment

Wester at Pueblo (-5.5)
              Western has won the last two (as far back as I looked). And this is the second season in a row in Pueblo (I thought all teams rotated home and away?). Western has played well this year and has Pueblo's number the last couple. But, I think... Pueblo has played better competition, and they look to have some offensive explosiveness back. The pups get the win by a TD 34-28.

The RMAC had the game moved to Pueblo because of staffing issues at the temporary field above Mountaineer Bowl. Next fall CSUP will be playing in the new Bowl. It could be the first night game in Western history depending on non-conference opponents.

Comment

Adams at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5) Will A ams "D" show up. Doubt it!
                Highlands (-28.5) at Fort Lewis Ft Lewis reminds me of the first few years of Tampa Bay Buc's. No body wants to be the first to lose to them.
                Western at Pueblo (-5.5) Pueblo at home.
                Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5) Another long road trip for Mesa. Just don't think they are ready for SD Mines
                Chadron at Black Hills (-13.5} BH should have no problem with Chadron
                Saginaw Valley (-1.5) at Truman Coin flip. SV won the toss and has Truman running with their "Tails" between their legs

Comment

Adam at Colorado School of Mines (-47.5) This is a huge number, so I did some digging. In both of the last two years Mines didn't pull their starters until they scored 49 points. And even then they kept pulling away.
                  Western at Pueblo (-5.5) I can see this going one of two ways. Pueblo being pi***d after last week and trucking Western. Or Western punching Pueblo in the mouth like they did the last two years. Ultimately that team had Connor Desch, Will Lytle and Josh Cummings. This team is looking to replace that experience (and size) and is still growing. I'll take Pueblo's experience here and think they have enough offense to cover the spread.
                  Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5) Mesa is a total engima for me after losing to Kingsville that looks like they'll win a bunch of games in the LSC, but beating a scholarship-less D1 team who was middling last year. I think SD Mines will finish top half of the conference and may win this game but I think Mesa covers in a dogfight.

Bonus:
                  Saginaw Valley (-1.5) at Truman I like the GLIAC over the GLVC. This could be a head to head playoff tie breaker at the end of the year with one getting in and the other not.

Comment

Mines easily covers the spread as long as they don't pull Matocha too early from the game. Hope they keep him in to rack up some touchdowns to break Bagent's record.

My skyhawks are gonna put up a fight and keep it close to the spread. I think they only lose by 30 and have a moral victory :)

Western at Pueblo (-5.5)
                    Tough game to call. I think Pueblo is simply the better team, but the last two seasons have proved otherwise.

Mesa at SD Mines (-11.5)
                    Tough one as well. Not sure what to think of Mesa, especially with their win last week. Did Brandon Moore make the biggest bonehead move of the season, or is Mesa back to their form from two years ago?

Chadron is really bad and BHSU looks to still have a lot of fight this season

I just think the GLIAC is the better conference.

Comment

Colorado School of Mines (-47.5)
                      Highlands (-28.5)
                      Pueblo (-5.5)
                      Mesa
                      Black Hills (-13.5)

Bonus:
                      Saginaw Valley (-1.5)

Comment

Adams
                        Highlands (-28.5)
                        Pueblo (-5.5)
                        Mesa
                        Black Hills (-13.5)

Bonus:
                        Truman

Comment

Colo Mines
                          NM Highlands
                          CSU-Pueblo
                          Colo Mesa
                          BHSU
                          Truman State

Comment

Adams 10 at Colorado School of Mines 63 (-47.5)
                            Highlands 41 (-28.5) at Fort Lewis 7
                            Western 20 at Pueblo 24 (-5.5)
                            Mesa 20 at SD Mines 27 (-11.5)
                            Chadron 7 at Black Hills 24 (-13.5)

Bonus:
                            Saginaw Valley 24 (-1.5) at Truman 20
                            Last edited by sportsvine; 09-14-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                              Adams 10 at Colorado School of Mines 63 (-47.5)
                              Highlands 41 (-28.5) at Fort Lewis 7
                              Western 20 at Pueblo 24 (-5.5)
                              Mesa 20 at SD Mines 27 (-11.5)
                              Chadron 7 at Black Hills 24 (-13.5)

Bonus:
                              Saginaw Valley 24 (-1.5) at Truman 20
                              With SD Mines favored by 11.5, you picking them to win by 7 means Mesa would cover, but you highlighted Mines.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X