4. South Dakota Mines

5. Black Hills State
    6. Colorado Mesa

7. Adams State'
    8. New Mexico Highlands
    9. Chadron State

10. Fort Lewis

I'll try to justify my groups....

Colorado Mines is clearly above everyone else. Western Colorado might have something to say about that, and they will have their chance. But until that day comes, Colorado Mines will remain at the top and clearly apart from the rest of the conference.

I thought of not putting a space between Pueblo and SD Mines, but, SD Mines will get their chance later on.

Before today I would have definitely put SD Mines in with Black Hills and Colorado Mesa, but their domination over Black Hills puts them clearly above.

In the last two tiers, Fort Lewis might be close to Adams, NH Highlands, they almost beat Adams, were competitive against Highlands, but with their long losing streak, they are clearly at the bottom of the conference, and until they break their losing streak, they'll remain all by themselves. Adams, Highlands, and Chadron are all interchangeable.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Colorado Mines was pretty blah this week. Good showing if this is their bad week, but it was definitely not their A game.

I think Western looks scary good... Their only competitive game was UTPB, who looks to be pretty salty themselves.

I would have both of the SD schools at least tied with CSUP, if not ahead.

CSUP has only beaten FLC in conference, not ready to put them in a stand alone position below the top two.

Mesa is bipolar, and are actually in a 3-way with the SD schools, they have room to move up. NMHU might be bipolar also, at this point they seem to have more room to move down. Adams is trying to learn how to be good, but has their struggles. But, they have won two in a row...

Chadron is learning to be like FLC.

FLC is still FLC

1. CSM
    2. Western Colorado

3. SDM
    4. BHSU
    5. CSUP

6. Mesa
    7. Adams
    8. NMHU

9. Chadron
    10. FLC

As I look at this, I'm closer to swapping Mesa and CSUP than any other move I might consider right now.
    The SD schools have seemingly had years now of decent starts and the idea that they've caught up to Pueblo. Has either ever beaten even down Pueblo teams though? A not great Pueblo team last year beat SD Mines by 25 and beat Black Hills 38-0. The year prior maybe the worst Pueblo team since 2008 squeaked by BH by 3 but beat SD Mines 49-7. Zero way I'm ranking either above them until they get a win against CSUP.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The SD schools have seemingly had years now of decent starts and the idea that they've caught up to Pueblo. Has either ever beaten even down Pueblo teams though? A not great Pueblo team last year beat SD Mines by 25 and beat Black Hills 38-0. The year prior maybe the worst Pueblo team since 2008 squeaked by BH by 3 but beat SD Mines 49-7. Zero way I'm ranking either above them until they get a win against CSUP.
      I don't take issue with that perspective. This is opinion after all. And your point may play out exactly the same again this year. I am only speaking to what I have seen in this season, in isolation. CSUP has not looked awesome against good teams. I think (as much as thinking anything about an RMAC football team is meaningful) that the SD schools have played better against good teams, even in games they have lost. I'm sure ready to move teams up and down in my personal ranking as results dictate. But after five weeks, this is what I think about these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post

I don't take issue with that perspective. This is opinion after all. And your point may play out exactly the same again this year. I am only speaking to what I have seen in this season, in isolation. CSUP has not looked awesome against good teams. I think (as much as thinking anything about an RMAC football team is meaningful) that the SD schools have played better against good teams, even in games they have lost. I'm sure ready to move teams up and down in my personal ranking as results dictate. But after five weeks, this is what I think about these teams.
        Understood. I just take competition into account and when looking at schedules, one of these things is not like the other. Taking GV to OT on the road was surprising. I don't know that the SD teams have played against a single good team, maybe I'm mistaken but time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X