Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yes they'll be mentioned but I believe their only OOC game was against Chadron who isn't going to finish with much over a .500 record if that. Mines OOC games are obviously impressive and Western would have the win over Mines as well as that UTPB OOC. Things look pretty favorable for the RMAC to have both that #1 and a home game if things play out as expected.

I was not at all impressed with Augie when they played Chadron, did not expect them to handle Mankato like they did that's for sure.
    I can't believe I am going to actually say this, because I really want Chadron to go in a new direction ASAP, but..... maybe Chadron isn't as bad as we all thought. They did hold Colorado Mines down (althought all that was in the first half), they played in the trenches against Pueblo really well, and they dod not allow Fort Lewis and Adams be competitive against them. Also, don't forget that Chadron opened the season against Quincy, they even had a 3 touchdown lead on them early on. Quincy has had a pretty good season, 5-3, and their competitive losses are against ranked teams, albeit against GLVC teams. Of, course, we know about holding Augustana down. Their Black Hills loss and margin remains a head scratcher, though.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
      What’s the attendance capacity at Westerns soccer field? By looking at the box score attendance the most I saw 305? That can’t be right can it?
      No problem, Augustana would be happy to host. lol.

Kirkeby-Over Stadium - Facilities - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Save yourself the long ride home after a loss, good thinking!

Comment

If I were guessing Western would choose Stocker Stadium if it was available as a replacement venue for the playoffs. No clue if Mesa would facilitate it though. GHS could be an option, but ticket booths would need to be set-up. I just hope they stay on the western slope(Montrose,Delta,GJ).

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
            If I were guessing Western would choose Stocker Stadium if it was available as a replacement venue for the playoffs. No clue if Mesa would facilitate it though. GHS could be an option, but ticket booths would need to be set-up. I just hope they stay on the western slope(Montrose,Delta,GJ).
            Stocker was what came to my mind first.

Comment

If Western draws an LSC team (or if something really crazy happens, Central Missouri) do you think they would go to Pueblo? It would reduce the travel to a nearly drivable distance for Angelo or Central Missouri, and would be drivable for UTPB. Does anyone think the NCAA forces that?

Pueblo could, in theory, still make it but the path is narrow and they need some help. It looked that way last year at this time though too and they still made it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                If Western draws an LSC team (or if something really crazy happens, Central Missouri) do you think they would go to Pueblo? It would reduce the travel to a nearly drivable distance for Angelo or Central Missouri, and would be drivable for UTPB. Does anyone think the NCAA forces that?

Pueblo could, in theory, still make it but the path is narrow and they need some help. It looked that way last year at this time though too and they still made it.
                Pueblo still could which would be great, but they will be traveling and the stadium would be available lol

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

12,000 capacity at Dutch Clark Stadium in Pueblo. They hosted college football games before. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff90 View Post

Pueblo still could which would be great, but they will be traveling and the stadium would be available lol
                    My poorly articulated point on that was that if Pueblo makes it in and Western is playing week 1 then they’d likely play each other due to travel rules. Snowball’s chance in the tropics Western hosts a home game against Pueblo in Pueblo.

Comment

Correct me is I'm wrong BUT didn't Western have a home game against CSUP this season but chose to play in Pueblo instead of on a soccer field in Gunnison? And didn't Western handle CSUP rather convincingly in Pueblo. If so, why wouldn't Western travel to Pueblo IF CSUP were to sneak into the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                        Correct me is I'm wrong BUT didn't Western have a home game against CSUP this season but chose to play in Pueblo instead of on a soccer field in Gunnison? And didn't Western handle CSUP rather convincingly in Pueblo. If so, why wouldn't Western travel to Pueblo IF CSUP were to sneak into the playoffs?
                        I believe the conference switched the home venue for this year and next, so CSUP will be in Gunnison for the next 2 years if things remain the same. From a pure gamesmenship move I wouldn't let a lower seeded team play at home, and make both teams travel to a spot that closer to Western if they have the option.

Comment

With the weather moving in. Will it hinder Western or Mines more?

Comment

Such juvenile camerawork by the Mines production team.

Comment

Both defenses doing good stuff at half…both offenses leaving points on the field which you don’t like to see. Hope to see mines take the ball after half and put a drive together

Comment

Hoping for good news on #1 Cameron Forrest. Amazing man and you never want to see the stretcher on the field
                                Last edited by HelluvaEnginerd; 10-28-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X