Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jewell

Yeah what was the outcome or has that not happened yet?

Comment

I'm guessing maybe he views this suspense as payback for you doubting the legitimacy of his original post?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
        I'm guessing maybe he views this suspense as payback for you doubting the legitimacy of his original post?
        Yeah prob paying for it now🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Comment

Perhaps I am missing the answer but are they moving down or staying put? Or is that to be determined after they hire a permanent AD?

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one, I'm just as confused. It's all legal-talk; a lot of words but nothing is said. What exactly are the recommendations? Hope they stay D2.

Comment

They are joining the G-MAC. :)

Comment

Wow, she likes to "talk" and actually say nothing. It was basically a thank you note and recognition for those on the Task Force. Like most of these task forces, nothing was likely decided. The first I have heard of a holistic approach to mission and athletics- not sure what that actually means,but, it sounds impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
                    Perhaps I am missing the answer but are they moving down or staying put? Or is that to be determined after they hire a permanent AD?
                    I guess that could be interpreted to favor either course of action (stay or go).

One thing's for sure...she better get it right. Like St. Joseph's proved, small private universities that don't have huge endowments don't have a lot of room for error in today's world. Then again, if you aren't going to play to win, you can probably drop to D3 and still attract as many athletes that will pay something to go to school as you can if you're D2. And Jewell clearly hasn't been all that serious about winning.

If they really want to win, they should go back to NAIA...because they'd have trouble competing in D3 as well. Schools like Wash U have 100x the amount of resources that Jewell has.

Comment

Looks to me like they are postponing the decision, until they can decide on a new AD...AS should be the case.

Comment

A D3 option could be the SLIAC.

http://www.sliac.org/information/Conf_Info/About/about

Small, private schools. Missouri schools are Westminster, Webster, and Fontbonne. Illinois schools are Greenville, Principia, Blackburn, MacMurray, and Eureka. The lone Iowa school is Iowa Wesleyan. The lone Kentucky school is Spalding.

Westminster, Iowa Wesleyan, Greenville, MacMurray, and Eureka have football programs. They partner with the UMAC for football to have a north and south division. There are 9 IIAC schools, plus Grinnell and Cornell in Iowa that are D3, and a whole mess of D3 schools in Illinois to pick up non-con games.

I think William Jewell should never have left the HAAC and the NAIA, but really, D3 wouldn't be too difficult a proposition. There are more D3 schools out there than you might think.

Comment

I couldn't believe they ever moved up in the first place.

Comment

WJU may move down and QU may shut down like St. Joe's ... GLVC keeps changing

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                              WJU may move down and QU may shut down like St. Joe's ... GLVC keeps changing
                              U Indy to GMAC? GLIAC 2.0? Truman to ???

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                                U Indy to GMAC? GLIAC 2.0? Truman to ???
                                Yes, please. :D

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X