Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    I'm watching the ESU vWheeling game from the ARSC...I think I see Columbser and Leyton sitting behind the scorers table!!

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Box score is posted. 3-10 from deep in the second half.
    yea...un-WLU like.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

They pulled the live stats down before I could check, but I don't recall many 3 tries in the second half. A couple of late tries/makes but beyond that, don't recall many. Very un-WLU like.
    Box score is posted. 3-10 from deep in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Well said, Boat. That's what I saw as well. Plenty of effort. Not much organization and flow.
    They pulled the live stats down before I could check, but I don't recall many 3 tries in the second half. A couple of late tries/makes but beyond that, don't recall many. Very un-WLU like.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    On the face of it, pretty easy W and we broke 100 as usual. But this was not what I've become accostumed to from WLU. Lots of dribbling with players calling their own number and taking it to the hole. We also seemed to play very lose with the ball. Game really had the feel of an open gym pick-up game. Lots of highlight reel up and under reverse lay-ups but not a lot of ball movement. Win is better than a loss but pretty clear we have some work to do.
    Well said, Boat. That's what I saw as well. Plenty of effort. Not much organization and flow.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    On the face of it, pretty easy W and we broke 100 as usual. But this was not what I've become accostumed to from WLU. Lots of dribbling with players calling their own number and taking it to the hole. We also seemed to play very lose with the ball. Game really had the feel of an open gym pick-up game. Lots of highlight reel up and under reverse lay-ups but not a lot of ball movement. Win is better than a loss but pretty clear we have some work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Not a pretty one for the Toppers, but a W is a W.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Neither is Spadafora

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Satterfield is not dressed

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Yoakum is on crutches again, sheesh

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Concord isn't a 'gimme' non-conference game. They aren't an elite program but usually pretty solid. They did get wins against Charleston and West Liberty last year. They've played IUP tough both trips up here. Their last full season fell apart when their big guy went back overseas in December.

I suspect they will put up a battle tomorrow night. Lot of experienced upperclassmen, good guard play and some nice size. I also think Todd May is a very good coach. They also seem to have a habit under May of winning a couple big games a year. Just hoping it doesn't happen this weekend.
    They are a decent program, but not picked to be among the teams projected to compete for a conference championship or NCAA Tourney bid. They are in the middle of the second tier of MEC teams. If you are a good team, this is the kind of team you want to start the season with...not a tomato can, but not really a threat either. If the reports on IUP are true, this should be a pretty easy W for them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Isn't it ironic...don't you think?

I don't have an issue with them playing a tough team in the first few games, but I'd rather it not be right out of the gate and then not THREE in a row! This has the potential to be a totally self inflicted wound in the same manner that IUP's 2017-18 1-3 start was self inflicted. Finished the rest of the regular season 21-4 and sitting on the couch come NCAA Tourney time. The opening opponent's for IUP the next two years? Concord and WVW.
    Concord isn't a 'gimme' non-conference game. They aren't an elite program but usually pretty solid. They did get wins against Charleston and West Liberty last year. They've played IUP tough both trips up here. Their last full season fell apart when their big guy went back overseas in December.

I suspect they will put up a battle tomorrow night. Lot of experienced upperclassmen, good guard play and some nice size. I also think Todd May is a very good coach. They also seem to have a habit under May of winning a couple big games a year. Just hoping it doesn't happen this weekend.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X