X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbuseer
    replied
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...62a-story.html

For Elijah to make all tourney team in Chicago heights classic is a big deal. Some of the teams had at least 4 legit d1 players with 2 being high major d1. IMHO much higher level of competition than typical oh or pa team.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Got him penciled in for 15 to 20 mins per game next year. Probably not in the starting five but clearly on the second five team. He will hold his own offensively during his first year, but were he really is going to earn his bones is on the defensive end...quick twitch high flyer who will grab many rebounds and block more than a few shots...active defender who is going to be trouble for most bigs in the MEC.

As with most WLU recruits, there is what they already are (polished shooters who can handle the ball and play the game a 100 mph) and then what they can become. I look at Watson and imagine what he will be in 2 years which could be really scarry! That's if he can keep his AAU coach and Twitter "experts" from convincing him that he has D1 stardom and an NBA contract in his future.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Love the strong academics and character. Great fit for wlu. Watching his highlights he has the skills to play position less basketball.
    Very athletic, high motor. See a blend of Will and Patrick in his offensive style. In a couple of years that could be dangerous at 6-7. On defense I see human eraser potential.
    Played in a very high end league at 6-A level.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    https://hilltoppersports.com/news/20...-standout.aspx

I like the pickup, going to be an athletic lengthy 5 for us.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    What do we know about the Elijah Watson kid who apparently signed with WLU this week?
    Elija Watson, 6'7", 195, SF/PF, TF South HS Lansing IL. Held offers from Wayne State, Indiana University NW and Augusta University.

From his highlights he appears to be a bit different than the typical WLU recruit. He can shoot from the outside but he seems to be more of a slasher type. He appears to have a pretty good handle.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    What do we know about the Elijah Watson kid who apparently signed with WLU this week?

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 05-01-2020, 11:15 AM. Reason: clean up formatting from copy and paste

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    That's a real good program. Good for Shiff.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    They had 937 for iup game. Call the Fire Marshall! Lol
    with this kind of research, he could be a reporter asking questions at the covid19 daily press briefing! Lol

update: Macomb field house has capacity of 3500.
    McComb is big when you're inside ... one of those old school gyms with really big bleachers on both sides.

I played there in high school and at the time it just seemed massive.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Edinboro only seats 500? LOL ... that's hilarious. Who in the world comes up with this stuff?
    They had 937 for iup game. Call the Fire Marshall! Lol
    with this kind of research, he could be a reporter asking questions at the covid19 daily press briefing! Lol

update: Macomb field house has capacity of 3500.
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-28-2020, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Is that true about Boro? They only have 500 seats in the place? And do they actually draw 479 a game? I thought they were one of those PSAC schools that was drawing, like, 179 a game.

Bizarre stat indeed.
    Edinboro only seats 500? LOL ... that's hilarious. Who in the world comes up with this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Someone was hard up for statistics. Not sure what you do with this. Guess one could make the case that it creates a loud atmosphere and supports #1 home court advantage, but there are so many other factors in acoustics...

Good for a laugh at least.
    Enjoy!

Is that true about Boro? They only have 500 seats in the place? And do they actually draw 479 a game? I thought they were one of those PSAC schools that was drawing, like, 179 a game.

Bizarre stat indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Someone was hard up for statistics. Not sure what you do with this. Guess one could make the case that it creates a loud atmosphere and supports #1 home court advantage, but there are so many other factors in acoustics...

Good for a laugh at least.
    Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nova also did it against an incredibly more difficult schedule. Per Masey, WL's SOS was No. 251. Crutch was No. 41.
    Massey calculates SOS COMPLETELY differently than the NCAA! I've read the process of calculating it a number of times and I clearly am too dumb to comprehend it.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 04-27-2020, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X