Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub
    replied
    Pat is listed in the portal as a Grad Transfer. Didn't realize he was graduating this May. That makes the choice to leave just a bit more understandable (especially if WLU doesn't have a grad program he would be interested in--there truly aren't that many grad programs on campus).

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Interesting observation. Not a super quick release like Rasile, either. When a 6-6 d1 guard is on you, some techniques are not feasible.
    wish him luck.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

That was why I wondered aloud about Howlett's willingness to re-enroll him if the transfer doesn't work out (like John Williams heading back to Glenville after getting no D1 bites last year).

Robinson is an absolute beast (and an MVP, All-region kind of player) here at a high-ranking D2 program, but I have some doubts about how well his game will transition to a D1. He definitely has Dale Bonner's finishing ability at the rim, but not Bonner's size. He doesn't have Bolon's size (or shooting percentage) either.

I certainly hope he finds what he's looking for. But for our sake, I just wish he were looking for more banners for WLU to hang in the rafters of the ASRC.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    That was why I wondered aloud about Howlett's willingness to re-enroll him if the transfer doesn't work out (like John Williams heading back to Glenville after getting no D1 bites last year).

Robinson is an absolute beast (and an MVP, All-region kind of player) here at a high-ranking D2 program, but I have some doubts about how well his game will transition to a D1. He definitely has Dale Bonner's finishing ability at the rim, but not Bonner's size. He doesn't have Bolon's size (or shooting percentage) either.

I certainly hope he finds what he's looking for. But for our sake, I just wish he were looking for more banners for WLU to hang in the rafters of the ASRC.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If I had to guess, I'd say yes. Traded up when he transfered from Holy Family to WLU after his Freshman season, now probably trying to trade up to a D1 after two years as an All-Region DII star at WLU.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Layton View Post
    I wonder if Robinson got that D1 itch
    If I had to guess, I'd say yes. Traded up when he transfered from Holy Family to WLU after his Freshman season, now probably trying to trade up to a D1 after two years as an All-Region DII star at WLU.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Imho, Pencil montague in at starting pg today. Great shot from 3, very high assist to to ratio and best defender.
    my guess is
    Montague
    mckinney
    Sarson
    Butler
    Webb or satterfield if size needed; Spadafora or rasile for smaller teams.
    Totally agree. Much like McKinney did last year (transfer Soph who was brought in to "run the second shift"), Montague will undoubtedly elevate to a first platoon guy next year. So, yes, I would think Montague, McKinney, Sarson, & Butler are locks in the first platoon. The #5 guy is TBD at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Is Yoakum for sure leaving?
    I actually wondered the same thing. Obviously, he's been around a while, and good for him for graduating on time. But, man, it hurts to leave that last year of eligibility on the table now that we know they have a big hole in the starting 5.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Well, we do have quite a few guards with high basketball IQ's!!

Guess that makes our "starting 5":

Butler
    McKiney (only SR on the team)
    Sarson
    Rasile
    Satterfield (for opening tip only...to be replaced by Montegue or Denbow at the first dead ball)

With a "second platoon" of:

Satterfield
    Montegue or Denbow
    Webb
    Powell
    And Denbow's brother
    Imho, Pencil montague in at starting pg today. Great shot from 3, very high assist to to ratio and best defender.
    my guess is
    Montague
    mckinney
    Sarson
    Butler
    Webb or satterfield if size needed; Spadafora or rasile for smaller teams.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Is Yoakum for sure leaving?

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    I wonder if Robinson got that D1 itch

Leave a comment:

• TopperNation
    replied
    Yes, we have guards who have high IQ's but replacing 20 points a game is going to be difficult especially from the guys expected to come back. I have faith in Ben, but man Robinson leaving leaves a huge whole.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by TopperNation View Post
    Now Pat Robinson is in the transfer portal, smh. I didn't expect that, but now we have to go out and get a proven guard.
    Well, we do have quite a few guards with high basketball IQ's!!

Guess that makes our "starting 5":

Butler
    McKiney (only SR on the team)
    Sarson
    Rasile
    Satterfield (for opening tip only...to be replaced by Montegue or Denbow at the first dead ball)

With a "second platoon" of:

Satterfield
    Montegue or Denbow
    Webb
    Powell
    And Denbow's brother
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-15-2022, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    I hope we bring in a D1 transfer big, portal could be huge for us
    We almost have to. Cant go into next year with one reed thin guy at 6'7" who has never played a college game being our only "big"...can we?????

Leave a comment:

• TopperNation
    replied
    Now Pat Robinson is in the transfer portal, smh. I didn't expect that, but now we have to go out and get a proven guard.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X