Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Casualty of covid: Daemon was to play at wlu after decisively defeating wlu in ny last year. Their center is special. Was looking forward to rematch.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I didn't know 2010-2011 was a decade???

Try playing someone at home that is good and quit ducking national contenders!!!
    From 2010-2011 season to present is a decade.
    Regarding good teams, few are interested. Nearby d1 schools have no interest in exhibitions. You have evidence to contrary?

Perhaps one reason non mec schools would prefer not to play wlu is relative scoring margin.
    For 9 of their 11 mec opponents, wlu gave them the worst defeat of the season in terms of scoring margin.
    only wheeling and notre dame suffered their worst defeat by teams other than wlu.
    for example, concord lost by 7 at iup. They lost by 42 at wlu and by 25 in Athens.
    Purpose is not to say wlu is definitely better than iup, as it is all about match ups.

Salem lost to cal pa by 15 and a week later lost to wlu by 50.
    ohio Dominican lost to nationally ranked Indianapolis by 2 and a month later lost to wlu by 44.

It is just that the wlu style is so unique that it can make decent teams look really bad. That is why wlu led the nation in scoring margin.
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 11-21-2020, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    west liberty has best home record in the decade from 2010-2011 of any NCAA team.
    won 95.0% of games (151-8). Kansas was second at 94.1%.

https://www.timesleaderonline.com/sp...ns-basketball/
    I didn't know 2010-2011 was a decade???

Try playing someone at home that is good and quit ducking national contenders!!!

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    west liberty has best home record in the decade from 2010-2011 of any NCAA team.
    won 95.0% of games (151-8). Kansas was second at 94.1%.

https://www.timesleaderonline.com/sp...ns-basketball/

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yep...See the PSAC in 2021-22!!
    I don't see any schedules or guidance from the MEC either...

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

*YAWN*
    Yep...See the PSAC in 2021-22!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    As the DII Basketball season is kicking off, the NCAA released their first Power 10 for the week. Checking in at #2 is WLU behind NW Missouri. Other notables on the list include Nova Southeastern at #6, IUP at #8 and Fairmont listed among the "Best of the Rest."
    *YAWN*

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    As the DII Basketball season is kicking off, the NCAA released their first Power 10 for the week. Checking in at #2 is WLU behind NW Missouri. Other notables on the list include Nova Southeastern at #6, IUP at #8 and Fairmont listed among the "Best of the Rest."

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    FYI all 3 recruits have signed LOI
    Aiden Satterfield 6-6 charleston Catholic smooth scorer and captain all state A team as a Jr. Serious Interest from d1 schools
    Austin Webb 6-3 22 South point oh. Interest from d1 schools and mec schools. Style and build similar to yoakum
    Dante Spadafora - 6-0 point guard 3 time pa all state Coraopolis pa. Only loss was in ot to aliquippa. Warrior mentality and great passer and scorer. Style resembles combo of dyer and Robinson iii. Interest from d1 schools.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    More info on Austin Webb of south point OH who signed loi yesterday.
    1. valedictorian of his class
    2. interest from marshall and many d2 schools
    3. gym rat (common trait for wlu players)
    4. leads by example

https://m.irontontribune.com/2020/11...-west-liberty/

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    FYI
    according to huntington paper, west liberty has a new commit. See recruiting roundup section.
    6-3 SG Austin Webb south point OH . 22 ppg as a jr.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spor...56a60f0bc.html

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    FYI
    Great podcast interview with ben howlett starting at about minute 9.
    host said wlu versus lincoln memorial was tge best game no one ever saw. Wlu lost 103-102 with seger scoring 44!

https://anchor.fm/chris-cott/episode...Howlett-elq9n4

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Just an observation...I think WLU's small by DII standards roster size contributes to the condition of every player. When you are on a DII that has 20+ "players" on the team, you get plenty of rest between your turn in the lay-up line. The intensity of WLU's practices has been well documented...not many chances to catch your breath when you are going full court 5 on 5 with 12 or 13 players!!

As they say, steel sharpens steel!
    I've noticed that in a lot of other leagues ... giant rosters. The PSAC teams have never really done it. I get the reasoning ... more enrollment dollars.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Just an observation...I think WLU's small by DII standards roster size contributes to the condition of every player. When you are on a DII that has 20+ "players" on the team, you get plenty of rest between your turn in the lay-up line. The intensity of WLU's practices has been well documented...not many chances to catch your breath when you are going full court 5 on 5 with 12 or 13 players!!

As they say, steel sharpens steel!

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Great to hear! Hahahahaha...There appears to be a distance between "good shape" and WLU shape!! I bet big $ that he wasn't the first potential recruit to come in and halfway through his first practice think "Holly fu*k!!! I'm going to DIE!!!"...And then spend 5 minutes with his head burried in a court side trash can!! Heck, probably most of the players on the roster thought and did the same at their first practice! Difference between a player who plays at WLU and those that decide to go elsewere...WLU player is insulted that HE couldn't keep up and works harder, person who goes elsewhere finds it insulting that WLU put HIM through such a hard tryout.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X