X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Lol ... not the new standard. That was putrid.

Leave a comment:

• ssidiver
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Yea I don't know why they changed it, used to be pretty good. Guess we had to make some more budget cuts
    Yeah, that video feed was borderline unwatchable.

WLU used to be a leader in game production/broadcast. If that is the new standard on the hilltop, jesus.
    Last edited by ssidiver; 02-24-2018, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    I don't know. I think the NCAA rule is can't have participated in more than 1/3 of the season. I THINK that includes camp and games that he might have sat on the bench before being shut down.
    As I recall, the cut-off for a medical redshirt is 20 percent of a team's season, unless that changed.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Boat .... this video sucks. Pull some weight down there and get it upgraded. It's worse than an Atari.
    Yea I don't know why they changed it, used to be pretty good. Guess we had to make some more budget cuts

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Boat .... this video sucks. Pull some weight down there and get it upgraded. It's worse than an Atari.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

I don't know. I think the NCAA rule is can't have participated in more than 1/3 of the season. I THINK that includes camp and games that he might have sat on the bench before being shut down.
    Their radio guy said Vorhees will be back next year during the WLU game. Coming into the season, you could make a pretty good case that Vorhees, Ja'Sean Lewis and K.T. Taylor were the best returning trio in the region. Check their numbers from last year.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

If we weren't arguing ... it wouldn't be late February. haha.

It's all in fun.

Speaking of ND ... is Vorhees going to get a medical redshirt?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If we weren't arguing ... it wouldn't be late February. haha.

It's all in fun.

Speaking of ND ... is Vorhees going to get a medical redshirt?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

So far, yes.

Haven't won anything yet.
    Well...WLU has won the MEC regular season, is sitting at 25-1 with one game to play in the regular season and is the odds on favorite to host the NCAA Atlantic regionals so I wouldn't say they haven't won anything yet. But your point is taken...still a lot for the Toppers to do to teach the "experts" a lesson about predicting the demise of WLU basketball!!

What I REALLY want to know is who the coach that picked Notre Dame to win the MEC championship was!!! That guy needs to have his voting card pulled!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

So far, yes.

Haven't won anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Who are the naysayers and experts you're constantly so worried about ... ?

There is no D2 media coverage. What exists is cheerleader coverage in local papers (if that).

There's like 30 people in the country who actually follow the sport at this level. You do realize that, right?

You're like picking arguments with a ghost or something.
    Self appointed experts that say every year that the Atlantic is "wide open" and that WLU should be playing a tougher regular season schedule...National experts who slotted WLU in at #18 to start the season...MEC coaches who had WLU slotted to be #3 behind WJ and Fairmont. Seems like all three groups of experts were predicting a dramatic decline for WLU. I know we aren't talking about thousands of people, but the DII experts do have national and regional megaphones and they voiced their opinions on what they believed WLU would be this year...problem is, they were wrong!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
    They were 28-4 last year, won the MEC Tournament, earned another NCAA bid and were upset in the regional quarterfinal when WJU banked in a 3-pointer from the corner and WLU's game-winning 3-pointer was roughly a quarter of a tick short.

Some hiccup, LOL

Oh and rest easy, They won 112-68. Bring on Jesuit!
    The ball was clearly out of Gross's hand before the clock ticked to zero!

For WLU, last season WAS a hiccup!!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

So it's game night for WLU. What do they have to play for tonight? Obviously they are competitors and as such, getting a W is what each of them want. But beyond that, what? Here's my takes:

1. Home court in the NCAA's. Hard to fathom that they could lose it even if they lost the last two games though.
    2. Chance to go through the regular season with only one L...first time since the 2012-13 season they could do that and that season ended in the NCAA national semis.
    3. Keep the current 6 game wining streak going.
    4. Prove that after a hick-up last year, they continue to be the class of the MEC and SR1 and by a large margin.
    5. Prove all the nay sayers WRONG who before the season were predicting a down turn since we lost basically our starting 5 PLUS the Head Coach who was the "REAL reason WLU was a winner."

I think all will play into their motivation for these final two games but perhaps the biggest will be numbers 4 and 5. Seems like WLU has played the entire season with a little bit of a chip on their shoulders...Kind of a "Hey "experts"...watch THIS!" sort of an edge.
    Who are the naysayers and experts you're constantly so worried about ... ?

There is no D2 media coverage. What exists is cheerleader coverage in local papers (if that).

There's like 30 people in the country who actually follow the sport at this level. You do realize that, right?

You're like picking arguments with a ghost or something.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

So it's game night for WLU. What do they have to play for tonight? Obviously they are competitors and as such, getting a W is what each of them want. But beyond that, what? Here's my takes:

1. Home court in the NCAA's. Hard to fathom that they could lose it even if they lost the last two games though.
    2. Chance to go through the regular season with only one L...first time since the 2012-13 season they could do that and that season ended in the NCAA national semis.
    4. Prove that after a hick-up last year, they continue to be the class of the MEC and SR1 and by a large margin.
    5. Prove all the nay sayers WRONG who before the season were predicting a down turn since we lost basically our starting 5 PLUS the Head Coach who was the "REAL reason WLU was a winner."

I think all will play into their motivation for these final two games but perhaps the biggest will be numbers 4 and 5. Seems like WLU has played the entire season with a little bit of a chip on their shoulders...Kind of a "Hey "experts"...watch THIS!" sort of an edge.
    They were 28-4 last year, won the MEC Tournament, earned another NCAA bid and were upset in the regional quarterfinal when WJU banked in a 3-pointer from the corner and WLU's game-winning 3-pointer was roughly a quarter of a tick short.

Some hiccup, LOL

Oh and rest easy, They won 112-68. Bring on Jesuit!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X