• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Bumping this question
    Don't know...But having ones profile and listing removed from the on-line roster mid season usually signals a bit more than academic problems or team rule violations.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Anyone know what happened to Joseph Ochoa, he isn't on the team anymore
    Bumping this question

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

http://www.medina-gazette.com/High-S...ina-Solon.html

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Yep. Confirmed that WV state tried to sub a player who was not in scorebook. I would imagine an assistant game got some constructive feedback! LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Also an administrative technical foul was called in tonight's game, had to google what that even was, we only shot one free though, anyone know what that was about?
    Could be a scorebook error, clock/score board issue

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Also an administrative technical foul was called in tonight's game, had to google what that even was, we only shot one free though, anyone know what that was about?

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Anyone know what happened to Joseph Ochoa, he isn't on the team anymore

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Do you know what classification his high school is?
    Division II

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Do you know what classification his high school is?

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

New commit scouting report:
    I watched Evan Conley play last night.
    6ft-0, 150 lbs junior. Slight of build (as of now), but not afraid to rebound aggressively in a crowd. High basketball IQ, unselfish player who lets the game come to him. Was playing shooting guard, but could just as easily play PG. With the ball, he has that extra gear like David Dennis in the open court or to get past his man to the lane. Great passer, made long bounce pass to start a fast break basket that was right on the money. Plays under control, but fast. He is a great shooter. Pressure free throws don't bother him. Great form on his jump shot with a quick release. Very good jumping ability.
    Clearly the best player on the court.

His focus is on the team. His team had a 6-6 guy (Woodside) who was about 270-280 who had great post-up footwork. Time and time again Evan made great entry passes to this guy who was scoring at will from 5 ft in. He was too wide to for his opponent to contest the shot effectively. I suspected, and confirmed after the game that the big guy has signed to play D1 football at Cincinnati. Evan could have taken more shots and gotten more points, but his focus was on the team and winning the game. His defense is very good for his age (very intelligent, with no silly reach-in fouls).
    He has a non-stop motor and is a great fit for West Liberty.
    He is a combo of David Dennis (burst of speed) and Devin Hoehn (shooting) and Alex Falk (non-stop motor).
    In another year of development, he is going to get a lot of attention. West Lib got in early on a very complete player. I heard from folks in the stands that is really excited to play at WLU.

------Here is the summary of the game --------------------------

Fairfield Union 59, Teays Valley 39: The Falcons outscored the Vikings (11-5, 9-1) 24-8 in the fourth quarter and handed them their first Mid-State Conference-Buckeye Conference loss.

Colin Woodside led the Falcons (12-4, 8-2) with a game-high 26 points and Evan Conley had 14.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

I will say this after watching WL-FSU. A 15-point lead in that game felt like a 2-point lead in a PSAC game.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

[QUOTE=Columbuseer;2174270]
    New commit http://www.hudl.com/profile/8728609/Evan-Conley[/QUOTE
    2019 verbal commit as Evan is a jr. Is that correct?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

[QUOTE=Layton;2174176]New commit http://www.hudl.com/profile/8728609/Evan-Conley[/QUOTE
    2019 verbal commit as Evan is a jr. Is that correct?

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

New commit http://www.hudl.com/profile/8728609/Evan-Conley

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

l thought James got significantly fouled on several drives to the rim. I know Coach was upset too on the no calls. He and monterosa are probably our best defender of big men. He is also working on his inside, back to the basket game.
    He is 6-5 and is athletic. I would not count him out. He can draw fouls. I would like to see him reduce his charges on drives by choosing to jump stop and take the 8 foot jumper in the lane.

I thought Brandon Smith at PG was a great move. He can finish around the rim after contact against taller players. I could see an increase in Brandon;s minutes before a significant decrease in James' minutes.
    Just my opinion.
    When you have great 3 pt shooters who can slash to the rim and finish, you can really do damage to a team both from a scoring and a foul perspective.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X