• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Malik is a real nice player (and only a true sophomore). I think that's going to be a real good team come Jan-Feb. They have a lot of new faces blending together. Lots of talent. I look for them to win the PSAC East.

Some nice games tonight. Findlay at Fairmont ... Bowie at Indiana.
    Agreed on all fronts..West Chester is going to be good...Good guard play, can shoot 3's, and BIG underneath. Not as familiar with PSAC East teams this year, but would like to see the team that beats them. I was at the WL / WC game..and they are an athletic, big bunch. Impressed...

Also tonight is the night I wish I could watch those two games on "ESPN D2" (a man can wish, right). There's enough other iterations of ESPN out there, they probably just haven't figured out a way to monetize D2 games yet...

Rumor was that Findlay took it to WL in a scrimmage, so will be interesting to see their result vs. everyone's favorite poor shooting team, Fairmont...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Malik is a real nice player (and only a true sophomore). I think that's going to be a real good team come Jan-Feb. They have a lot of new faces blending together. Lots of talent. I look for them to win the PSAC East.

Some nice games tonight. Findlay at Fairmont ... Bowie at Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Second game of the year and already being held out for disciplinary reasons?? Not a good way to start!!
    Boat, Malik Jackson did play vs WL in the 2nd game...he was held out of West Chester's first game on Friday...Presumably something he did in the offseason or preseason...

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
    Don't read too much into West Chester's loss to Notre Dame on Friday. West Chester held Malik Jackson, last season's PSAC East Freshman of the Year, out of the game for "disciplinary" reasons. Jackson looked pretty good against West Liberty with 23 points. The Rams struggled with the pace, as many teams do early in the season, and were in foul trouble most of the night but they played hard and made some shots. Would not be surprised to see them back in the regional. Good team and good coach.
    Second game of the year and already being held out for disciplinary reasons?? Not a good way to start!!

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

Don't read too much into West Chester's loss to Notre Dame on Friday. West Chester held Malik Jackson, last season's PSAC East Freshman of the Year, out of the game for "disciplinary" reasons. Jackson looked pretty good against West Liberty with 23 points. The Rams struggled with the pace, as many teams do early in the season, and were in foul trouble most of the night but they played hard and made some shots. Would not be surprised to see them back in the regional. Good team and good coach.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Dan Monteroso is just silly! Starts a Friday night basketball game and scores 12 points in limited minutes (15)...Turns around and starts for the football team on Saturday at noon and leads the team with 8 receptions for 145 yards (and 2 TDs)...Then four hours later starts for the basketball team again and plays 23 minutes while scoring 16 points! I bet "Dynamite" Dan slept soundly last night! Anyone see the wrestling team results from yesterday? Wouldn't surprise me to see his name in the winners column at 195!

If this is what passes for "shaking off the rust" for him, future opponents should take note!

Leave a comment:

• Hilltoppernation
    replied

Yup, as I predicted in my earlier post, a 25 point plus win by WestLib....Let me first start off by saying I was really impressed with West Chester and their ability to put up some offense tonight, they are much further ahead of last years team who wanted to play in the 60 or 70's. I think West Chester will be a major factor in the PSAC. Now with that being said, West Liberty has added something to the mix which might bold well when they play the Wheeling Jesuit's and Fairmount State's of the world... "Athleticism". Monteroso is better than I thought, Guillozet is savy and could be West Lib's next 2,000 point scorer, and Meininger has come out of nowhere and looked like he could be the third scorer that WL needed. Earlier observation is that last years team is betting at shooting (Bonifant ofcourse), but this team is more athletic and plays harder. To add to that Cheyney gave Notre Dame all it can handle today and we know how that turned out yesterday for Cheyney against WLib. It's going to be a long season but if your going to beat West Liberty this year it's not going to be just because they missed their shots.

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

Wasn't able to watch, but WL beat West Chester 117-91.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Chevydude89:

Report for baptism and First Crutch Communion tomorrow at 10am

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Looks like it's going to be a down year for the lady toppers after having to replace a lot of talent losing by 16 to mercy and 42 to California

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

New to the message board and new to West Liberty...looking forward to the match up tonite after last nights beat down on Cheyney. ..

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Griffin reminds me of a Lamberti Indy mix player that can dunk, maybe it's just the Aussie thing with Indy but he's that type of player I was impressed with him didn't expect him to be that good. Smith looked a tad slow maybe just from injury but shot well. I tell you what we might lack size but I haven't seen a WL team hustle and play defense this well in the 3 years I've been here. Monteroso was a nice surprise too. Will be interesting to see if they can play this hard every game and not get too worn out the hustle was insane

Leave a comment:

• Hilltoppernation
    replied

I went to the game tonight and let me first say that I know Cheyney is in a difficult situation but WLib made them look like a mid D3 squad. Dennis is a D1 guard that can go off for 25 plus a night if called upon, Hoehn can go for 30 on any night, Zac is going to cause mismatch problems all night for the opposing teams big man as long as he stays out of foul trouble. Clay Guillozet is better than advertised, Brady Arnold got better. My last observation is that this kid from Marist (Griffin), is waaaay better than I thought, this kid looks the part of a not so great D1 player coming down to a great D2 program and fits in perfect. Sorry West Chester and the possibly of West Liberty getting a test that we want to see, this just ain't going to happen....I would take a West Lib line of -25 against WC tomorrow right now and feel confident.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Looks like Dyer and Bolon may be red shirting, surprised bolon is with French out
    I think you'll get a better idea tomorrow night when the Toppers face West Chester.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

I was surprised about Bolon. But there are simply not enough minutes to go around. A rs year might clear out the log jam with hoehn graduating. What is amazing is how seamlessly people move between point guard and shooting guard. Brady at pt guard with Dennis at shooting guard. Hoehn at pt guard
    etc.
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 11-12-2016, 05:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X