• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Trivia Saturday

Winner gets absolutely nothing.

On Jan. 24, 2022, IUP was swept in Johnstown.

When was the last time the IUP men and women were swept in basketball?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    As soon as they get healthy ... down goes another.

Polce left and will be out at least a week.

Dillard's minutes will spike and Radford will be elevated.

I hope Kyle recovers quickly. He's a big piece of the puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Batt and Magestro didn't waive goodbye today like last game. Maybe their arms hurt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Demo looked like Demo again. Awesome to see.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP 40
    UPJ 21

Half

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Trivia Saturday

Winner gets absolutely nothing.

On Jan. 24, 2022, IUP was swept in Johnstown.

When was the last time the IUP men and women were swept in basketball?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's incredible that this squad only has one senior on it. That's remarkable. I'm not sure that's been said enough. This has been, within reason, a weird season. You've had a lot of injuries. You had the one major injury. You've had a revolving door of starting lineups. You had Tommy's "Operation Shutdown." It makes you wonder what this team looks like if they did not lose Shawndale or have the other injuries.
    The biggest change post-Shawndale was the ability of the SRP (Shawndale Replacement Project) to score.

The first, I'd say, 7-8 games after the injury they mostly looked like deer in the headlights with the ball in their hand. Often times, Joe was playing 4 on 5 at that end.

In late January, that started to change. Dillard started to go off. Polce started draining treys. It took KJ longer but he's playing much better.

And, the item that elevated the whole season, was Tomiwa's emergence. He gives them a post defender that they haven't had in years. Big. Fast. Strong. Attitude.

Don't forget Radford missed 11 games along with Demo. They made it through the gauntlet -- and the West was a gauntlet -- with a very short bench for a month stretch. Consider the West has 4 of the Top 6 in the latest regional ranking.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    It's incredible that this squad only has one senior on it. That's remarkable. I'm not sure that's been said enough. This has been, within reason, a weird season. You've had a lot of injuries. You had the one major injury. You've had a revolving door of starting lineups. You had Tommy's "Operation Shutdown." It makes you wonder what this team looks like if they did not lose Shawndale or have the other injuries.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I didn't want to bring it up, but, yes, the Clarion game had a dramatic decline in masks.

I'd guess the first game (Seton Hill) was 85-90% compliance. Clarion, at best, was 60%.

Today, my guess, will back to 20% max. With yesterday's announcement it could be worse.
    Not good!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I didn't want to bring it up, but, yes, the Clarion game had a dramatic decline in masks.

I'd guess the first game (Seton Hill) was 85-90% compliance. Clarion, at best, was 60%.

Today, my guess, will back to 20% max. With yesterday's announcement it could be worse.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    The CDC announced today nearly 70% of Americans can stop wearing masks indoors.

IUP announced today body size condoms will be required for entrance tomorrow.

Mercyhurst lifted its mask requirement.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The CDC announced today nearly 70% of Americans can stop wearing masks indoors.

IUP announced today body size condoms will be required for entrance tomorrow.

Mercyhurst lifted its mask requirement.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Hawk Talk is airing live tonight from the Hilton.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hawk Talk is airing live tonight from the Hilton.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X