Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I give Joe a lot of credit. It was ballsy to schedule two games against a team that had played a season. This wasn't like playing a team in a similar situation. I think they really butchered the last minute of that game Thursday or they could have won both of them. That's impressive after just 5 or so practices.

I also think Gannon is going to be back to being Gannon here shortly. Jefferson is doing some good things there. He's bringing in good players. You can tell his players like playing for him.

I hope IUP can get another 8 or 10 games in this Spring. No idea who they'll play at this point, but, nonetheless. These games, while meaningless in the record books, are important for next season. You can't emulate games in practice. As we saw, Joe has a lot of new faces. The more of these games the better.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's awesome then! I thought it was only football. And Gannon will have all these frosh for 4 years pending individual departure!
    Scariest thing today. These kids transfer if they get their feelings hurt. It's a transfer culture.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Extra year for d1 and d2 basketball even if u play.
    I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's awesome then! I thought it was only football. And Gannon will have all these frosh for 4 years pending individual departure!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP won 67-56

No stats yet.

Going from giving up 80 to just 56 seems much more like IUP-style defense.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

I don't believe that's accurate for basketball. Football only.
    Extra year for d1 and d2 basketball even if u play.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I understand why IUP can't do anything because these are practices for them. But, why can't GU update the score? They did Thursday a second after the game ended.
    They didn't send anyone to the game (i.e. - stats, media etc) so would be up to coach or team to update the SID. Especially if they loss I don't see that happening.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied

All players get a free pass this year. Even if you played a full season it doesn't count for eligibility.
    I don't believe that's accurate for basketball. Football only.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP can't say do anything with it because they're not "official" games for them. From what I've read, IUP players will retain their eligibility for an extra year because these are exhibition games for them and will not count towards any standing for them this year. (They're technically playing these games as a "club" team)
    I understand why IUP can't do anything because these are practices for them. But, why can't GU update the score? They did Thursday a second after the game ended.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP can't say do anything with it because they're not "official" games for them. From what I've read, IUP players will retain their eligibility for an extra year because these are exhibition games for them and will not count towards any standing for them this year. (They're technically playing these games as a "club" team)
    All players get a free pass this year. Even if you played a full season it doesn't count for eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nothing... this sucks!!! Awful PR!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Apparently the score is a major secret. Odd that GU blew up social media Thursday night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Rumor is IUP won.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You'd think somebody could Tweet the dang score.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Has anybody found anything on the game? Video, live stats, anything?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Has anybody found anything on the game? Video, live stats, anything?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X