X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CIAA Tournament

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Time will tell.
    As it has sooo many times over the last 10+ years.

Comment

I take that back ... CIAA No. 2 will be the 8 seed

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        Nobody denies it. WL is the best regional team in the nation the past decade.

Comment

IUP/VSU rematch???

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            IUP/VSU rematch???
            If IUP makes it ... probably. Metric wise CIAA will be seeded 8th as the remaining teams have bad records.

Comment

Johnson C. Smith knocks off Bowie State ... will play Virginia Union in the final.

Comment

What's the deal with the CIAA in basketball. No team every year has any consistancy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  What's the deal with the CIAA in basketball. No team every year has any consistancy.
                  It seems that conferences with neutral floor tournaments have far more upsets than compared to those that allow the higher seeds to host tournaments.

Comment

The PSAC is the only one in the region not doing neutral sites.

I think both have positives and negatives. It's kind of cool to get all the teams together in a town like the CIAA and MEC does and make it an event.

The downside is the attendance. The MEC games looked empty yesterday in that big arena. People just don't travel a lot at this level. Cramming them all in on a Friday ... people have to miss work, etc. I'm sure they will draw better tonight.

It's more econimcally friendly to the schools the way the PSAC does it. Just hypothetically if the PSAC were to switch ... Bryce Jordan Center at PSU would be the logical choice. But, it doesn't rent out cheap. And, if you draw crappy ... it becomes a loser for the PSAC.

Comment

I think both have positives and negatives. It's kind of cool to get all the teams together in a town like the CIAA and MEC does and make it an event.

The downside is the attendance. The MEC games looked empty yesterday in that big arena. People just don't travel a lot at this level. Cramming them all in on a Friday ... people have to miss work, etc. I'm sure they will draw better tonight.

It's more econimcally friendly to the schools the way the PSAC does it. Just hypothetically if the PSAC were to switch ... Bryce Jordan Center at PSU would be the logical choice. But, it doesn't rent out cheap. And, if you draw crappy ... it becomes a loser for the PSAC.
                      I like the home courts. It make the regular season more meaningful and you get much better atmosphere. When Gannon was in the GLIAC, most of the years the tourney was held in Grand Rapids, MI. The arena was basically empty. You'd have the same thing at the BJC.

Comment

Valid. The PSAC would 'maybe' get 1,000 a game at Penn State in that giant arena. You wouldn't even hear the crowd and it would be so spread out. I like the format of on campus. I don't, however, like the rotating east/west. To me, the No. 1 overall seed remaining hosts the final weekend. If it's in the East or West 5 straight years ... so be it.

I kind of liked the old way when the east was a bracket and the west was a bracket. The final game was always then east vs west.

Granted, some years, one side is more loaded than the other so I see the theory of the re-seed.

One advantage of going neutral site would be it could be a true tournament and you'd seed 1-18 regardless of division (east/west) affiliation. That would be cool. You'd avoid early matchups of power teams like Ship and WCU this year. I mean, what, 3 and 4 in the Region and they have to play in second round of conference tournament?

Comment

Giant Center in Hershey would also seem like a possibility as well. Didn't the PSAC move the basketball tournaments to Hershey for a few years back in the 1980s?
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Valid. The PSAC would 'maybe' get 1,000 a game at Penn State in that giant arena. You wouldn't even hear the crowd and it would be so spread out. I like the format of on campus. I don't, however, like the rotating east/west. To me, the No. 1 overall seed remaining hosts the final weekend. If it's in the East or West 5 straight years ... so be it.

I kind of liked the old way when the east was a bracket and the west was a bracket. The final game was always then east vs west.

Granted, some years, one side is more loaded than the other so I see the theory of the re-seed.

One advantage of going neutral site would be it could be a true tournament and you'd seed 1-18 regardless of division (east/west) affiliation. That would be cool. You'd avoid early matchups of power teams like Ship and WCU this year. I mean, what, 3 and 4 in the Region and they have to play in second round of conference tournament?
                            The coaches - both men's and women's - would be a huge roadblock in getting that format passed.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X