Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC vs MEC....

Thinking about recent events in the relations of these neighbors, I decided to Google Map the distance between Bridgeport WV and Lock Haven PA and I swear this is true. Using several addresses and names the results stayed the same NO ROUTE FOUND !!! Although CALU had no part in the availability of DANNY SANCOMB, given the upcoming departure of SHEPHERD, it may be that some in the MEC home office (why Bridgeport?) are feeling more than a little stressed toward their big brother to the north. I don't know what they can do about their apparent vulnerability but the longer the bullying goes on the more likely it seems that the MEC will not survive. It must get pretty awkward at regional events.

Re: PSAC vs MEC....

I don't know. Outside of us dopes on here I doubt many even know what teams and leagues make up SR1 or the Atlantic Region.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I don't know. Outside of us dopes on here I doubt many even know what teams and leagues make up SR1 or the Atlantic Region.
      The WJU administration is taking a big-time beating. Dr. Townsley is feeling it for making this decision especially from the CARDINAL ATHLETIC CLUB and former players and coaches. Although the question is moot, #StandWithDanny is helping a lot of people vent. By association the MEC is drawn into the debacle even though a lot of the original schools didn't want WJU to begin with. On the plus side they did hire a WBB coach MIKE LLANAS formerly of OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

Comment

I do not foresee the MEC being in any type of trouble. There are several schools in the area that make sense. I have seen online that Frostburg (D3) is looking at bumping up to D2 and joining. Would also expect them try to dip into the GMAC and pluck former WVIAC members, as the MEC is much more stable than the GMAC. Plus, WV schools like Alderson Broaddus, Davis & Elkins, and Ohio Valley would probably fit better geographically in the MEC than the GMAC. I think that the MEC is a very healthy league and will not have any issues finding new members.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
          I think that the MEC is a very healthy league and will not have any issues finding new members.
          You and bc makes two who believe that.

Comment

They need to keep their members happy. I don't think there are enough potential members adjacent to or within the conference footprint to replace future defectors. That's the current challenge of the GLIAC.

Comment

I do not foresee the MEC being in any type of trouble. There are several schools in the area that make sense. I have seen online that Frostburg (D3) is looking at bumping up to D2 and joining. Would also expect them try to dip into the GMAC and pluck former WVIAC members, as the MEC is much more stable than the GMAC. Plus, WV schools like Alderson Broaddus, Davis & Elkins, and Ohio Valley would probably fit better geographically in the MEC than the GMAC. I think that the MEC is a very healthy league and will not have any issues finding new members.
              Adding two schools back who don't play football .... the irony is fantastic. Reference what broke up the WVIAC to begin with ....

Comment

Those two are not going to happen for so many reasons...Not the least of it being, what advantage would the MEC derive from taking these perennial back markers? They are both in the conference that they belong in.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 06-18-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  Thinking about recent events in the relations of these neighbors, I decided to Google Map the distance between Bridgeport WV and Lock Haven PA and I swear this is true. Using several addresses and names the results stayed the same NO ROUTE FOUND !!! Although CALU had no part in the availability of DANNY SANCOMB, given the upcoming departure of SHEPHERD, it may be that some in the MEC home office (why Bridgeport?) are feeling more than a little stressed toward their big brother to the north. I don't know what they can do about their apparent vulnerability but the longer the bullying goes on the more likely it seems that the MEC will not survive. It must get pretty awkward at regional events.
                  I've actually been to Bridgeport, WV.....but it was in 1977. I had friends whose dad was originally from there and he moved his family from Norristown back to West Virginia when it wasn't a bad idea. Now...that would be a terrible move.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    They need to keep their members happy. I don't think there are enough potential members adjacent to or within the conference footprint to replace future defectors. That's the current challenge of the GLIAC.
                    Do you have any information on this or is it just idle speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      I've actually been to Bridgeport, WV.....but it was in 1977. I had friends whose dad was originally from there and he moved his family from Norristown back to West Virginia when it wasn't a bad idea. Now...that would be a terrible move.
                      VULCAN WBB fans love the town of BRIDGEPORT WV... home of #21....MIKI GLENN !!!!!!!

Comment

What in the world is taking WJ so long to hire a coach?

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          Do you have any information on this or is it just idle speculation?
                          Speaking hypothetically. I'm not saying anyone would, but if someone did...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            What in the world is taking WJ so long to hire a coach?
                            If you were a coach of some repute would you be rushing to take this job ? Players are bailing, CARDINAL fans will hate your guts and can you trust the WJU administration or anything they say .

Comment

I don't know that I'd agree about the GMAC being as unstable as you appear to be implying (and if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying in that regard, please feel free to correct me). The addition of former GLIAC schools from Ohio (most notably a pair of strong GLIAC programs in Findlay and Tiffin, who were consistently in the top four of the GLIAC's all-sports trophy competition in their final years before leaving for the GMAC), plus Hillsdale may have done more to stabilize the GMAC than you think. Remember, when most of these ex-GLIAC schools transitioned into D2 (Lake Erie from D3; Walsh, Malone, Ohio Dominican from the NAIA), the GMAC didn't exist back then and the GLIAC was, at the time, the best fit for those schools.

Among the MEC, GMAC and GLIAC, I'd argue the GLIAC is probably the least stable (even with the addition of Davenport and Purdue-Northwest from the NAIA ranks and with Wisconsin-Parkside joining from the GLVC), followed by the MEC, then the GMAC with the addition of new members (though, long-term, it remains to be seen if that would be enough for Trevacca Nazerene or Kentucky Wesleyan to remain in a predominantly Ohio-based league; Nashville to suburban Cleveland or Philippi isn't exactly a short trip for TNU).
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X