• Show
Clear All

Re: Sancomb news conference...

On paper this is a good hire. I just think it is a bit risky

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
      On paper this is a good hire. I just think it is a bit risky
      By an large he is a good coach and probably the best that Cal could have hoped for this late in the hiring "season." But there are a couple of small questions. Wouldn't call his hiring a homerun...maybe more like a double that puts Cal in scoring position with one out.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        Highsmith is a pro so I don't see him coming to play for Cal. Who were the other WJ players in attendance?
        Don't know if you follow Twitter, bc, but if you do follow @bsancomb (DS wife) and you'll see a snap of the three I mentioned but without ID. Wearing VULCAN BASKETBALL gear. Any chance for an update.

Comment

That's Highsmith and Pat Moseh. The third guy must be 45 years old. No idea who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            That's Highsmith and Pat Moseh. The third guy must be 45 years old. No idea who he is.
            He is WARREN "DOMINIQUE" DOLES founder of @Udesignateme and DMV Basketball Academy. Played at SHEPHERD COLLEGE (that long ago) and FSU. Seems to be a coach/representative for HS players especially interested in D2 schools with long ties to the WVIAC/MEC although he has sent some all through the Atlantic region. Overall not a bad friend for CALU to have via DS although I'm always a bit wary of people making a living in "amateur athletics".

Comment

It's a shadier business than drug dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                It's a shadier business than drug dealers.
                Thought HS players couldnt have agents (representatives)??!! Of course, if hes a "coach," guess that makes it all OK.

Wonder were they got their "Vulcan gear?" Wonder how much they paid for it??????

Comment

Top 3 in what, players arrested, ineligible and transfers....

Comment

If I'm a Cal U fan, I am staring to get a little more uneasy as the days go by. Especially with the newspaper report that came out. There just seems to be a lot of holes in this whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
                      If I'm a Cal U fan, I am staring to get a little more uneasy as the days go by. Especially with the newspaper report that came out. There just seems to be a lot of holes in this whole deal.
                      Settle down. Worst case scenario, if DS lied, the VULCANS MBB program is without a coach and the search starts over. Best case, everything is as he says and CALU has a outstanding coach and a number of players/recruits waiting in line to play for him. The glass half full appears much more likely right now. I suspect DS is sitting in his new office this morning making and taking calls from a fair number of people interested in wearing the RED & BLACK. Hopefully he will follow JESS STROM'S lead and tweet about each and every signing. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        Settle down. Worst case scenario, if DS lied, the VULCANS MBB program is without a coach and the search starts over. Best case, everything is as he says and CALU has a outstanding coach and a number of players/recruits waiting in line to play for him. The glass half full appears much more likely right now. I suspect DS is sitting in his new office this morning making and taking calls from a fair number of people interested in wearing the RED & BLACK. Hopefully he will follow JESS STROM'S lead and tweet about each and every signing. Time will tell.
                        IF he lied or perhaps more appropriately, painted the allegations in a light that was favorable to him, the question is, when does that information make it to Cal? I don't think the "WJ side" of the story is going to go to anyone but the NCAA for the foreseeable future. At what point is it "too late" to take action (again, assuming he lied to Cal)? Worst case is that Cal finds out the week before the first game. Do you then keep him until the end of the season knowing he lied to you or do you sacrifice the season and fire him immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                          Settle down? Integrity is a big deal. Maybe your fan base is fine with a lack of it; I didn't think that was the case. But what did or didn't happen is a bigger deal than what you are making it out to be. Take off the red and black colored glasses for a minute and look at how this could impact your program and school if deeper allegations are true.

Comment

The problem is no one knows what the "deeper allegations" are or if any actually exist.

Comment

Read back through this thread. We all instantly thought of Sancomb when the Cal job opened. We also all mentioned it may be 'too hot' right now to actually hire him.

As a Cal fan, you have to trust their administration did its homework on him -- hopefully speaking to both sides of the situation.

Personally, I don't think his lawyers did him any favors with their comments. It actually made him look worse and opened up a lot more speculation.

The whole notion of paying anybody out of a checking account .... with money that came from where .... I can see some alarms.

As for the 'deeper allegations' ... To actually fire your best coach .... that's a bold move.

Comment

What if he was fired for conduct that wasn't related to the NCAA violations?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X