X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They can't hit the side of a freaking barn.

Their trey defense is horrendous.
    I nearly fell over at that 2-23 shooting (or whatever it was) start at the beginning of the game. I've never seen that before from any team.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Whatever Capel did at halftime ... wow, what a difference. Huge win for Pitt.

Two different teams.

That second half was a glimpse of what's coming next year.
    I think that one rim had something really wrong with it. Thank God Pitt had the good one in the second half. LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Coach K jumping on the 'shut it down' bandwagon.
    If he still had the best team in all the land would he be saying all of this? He probably wants to buy time for his young players. Or maybe he is correct about everything? Who knows. This covid crap ain't going away for quite awhile yet.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Nothing worse than waiting for the game you don't care about to end before ESPN puts your game on.

The last 3 minutes of FSU vs Indiana approaching 20 minutes real time.

Pitt will be at half by the time this game actually ends.

Update: Now OT. Unreal. Final 3 clock minutes took 26 mins real time.
    That was freakin' NUTS! It took the zebras like 5 minutes each time their was a stoppage to get the game back going again. I never saw anything like that before. They must have been getting paid by the hour. Great game but crazy how long it took!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Interesting item in the boxscore ... four Pitt players played 33+ minutes (including 17-year-old Jeffress getting 33 minutes).

'Champagne' was a monster ... 20 pts and 20 rebounds.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Whatever Capel did at halftime ... wow, what a difference. Huge win for Pitt.

Two different teams.

That second half was a glimpse of what's coming next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Coach K jumping on the 'shut it down' bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    watching pitt.
    shots taken with only one player remotely in position for an offensive rebound. No one anticipating shot and crashing board.
    Fouling a 3 pt shooter

These guys aren't low talent players but their team fundamentals are really weak.
    They can't hit the side of a freaking barn.

Their trey defense is horrendous.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    watching pitt.
    shots taken with only one player remotely in position for an offensive rebound. No one anticipating shot and crashing board.
    Fouling a 3 pt shooter

These guys aren't low talent players but their team fundamentals are really weak.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nothing worse than waiting for the game you don't care about to end before ESPN puts your game on.

The last 3 minutes of FSU vs Indiana approaching 20 minutes real time.

Pitt will be at half by the time this game actually ends.

Update: Now OT. Unreal. Final 3 clock minutes took 26 mins real time.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-09-2020, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Looks like the ACC did not fare too well in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge as their teams went 1-6 last night. That's hardly the mark of the premier hoops conference in all the land.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Pitt coach Jeff Capel has suggested pausing college basketball until the current surge ends.
    I saw his team play in the opener. I'd be screaming for a pause or shutdown to the season as well. LOL.

I think college football should just wrap things up here. Have your four teams in the playoff over New Year's and scrap the rest of the bowl game.

NFL should wrap things up here with the regular season. Play this week and then axe out weeks 15 and 16. Play week 17 and conclude regular season at 14 games (like they used to have pre-1978). Take two weeks off to get everyone healthy for postseason play. Teams enter a bubble. No one in or out. Top eight teams in each conference play in a postseason tourney just like they had in the strike shortened season of 1982. It would work.

I'm not sure if D-I hoops has had that much problems yet have they? They just got started like two weeks ago. But yeah, things are pretty bad all over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Pitt coach Jeff Capel has suggested pausing college basketball until the current surge ends.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Northwestern is a big game for Pitt. The Wildcats (coming off an 8-23 season) have played two creampuffs so far (and destroyed both). It's real important Pitt goes 2-0 this week (Gardner-Webb this weekend). After these two ... stuff gets real -- real fast.

Beyond Gardner-Webb, there aren't any easy games left.
    Quite correct. The annual blood-letting known as the ACC schedule comes into play. There are NO easy games there. Every contest is an epic slugfest if you want to try and secure a win. Any win at all there feels great because you know that you more than earned it.

Xavier Johnson has been lauded for his complete game the other night. I didn't get to see the game but those who did marveled at the job he did.

I heard through the grapevine that Pitt is still in the running for the services of 6-11 C Efton Reid out of Richmond and currently at IMG. That would be a major get there.

Pitt did defeat Northwestern last December in the Fort Myers tourney. But it will be a big challenge for them to go on the road and have to beat the Wildcats.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Pitt is it! At least for one night anyway. The Panthers with an 89-59 takedown of Northern Illinois or some such team from the Land of Lincoln.

Slam Penny leads the way with 22 points and 10 boards. 15 for Horton on the strength of hitting on five treys.

Great tune-up game to get Pitt ready for Wednesday night's ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Tip at 9:15 PM and on ESPNU.

Lots of minutes and chances to play for everyone tonite. Thank Goodness the team looks better than the first game as it may save folks from taking the leap off of the Tower of Learning.

Northwestern is a big game for Pitt. The Wildcats (coming off an 8-23 season) have played two creampuffs so far (and destroyed both). It's real important Pitt goes 2-0 this week (Gardner-Webb this weekend). After these two ... stuff gets real -- real fast.

Beyond Gardner-Webb, there aren't any easy games left.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X