X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Not sure. But they had better get him back and quick. If they toss him out then some other school will just swoop in and get him. I guess the coach has to make the determination if he is basically a good kid who just did something really stupid or is he a bad seed and what he did was just par for the course. I guess there is a big difference here.
    With those charges it isn't up to Capel. Lol. It's up to the courts. Sounds like a stupid night gone a little crazy ... which does happen to many that age. Hopefully he has good representation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

As outlined above----I did have some major concerns about this game. The classic letdown after a big win. We certainly have seen this before from this program. We also know from last season that Pitt did struggle to tame good perimeter three-point shooting. And that proved to be the chunk of kryptonite in the shorts of the Panthers today. 15 treys made from Wake Forest. And yet Pitt only lost by one.

I was really disappointed. Though I suppose we do have to give it up to Wake for what they managed to do from a shooting and scoring standpoint. But that being said I was not all that happy with some things that transgressed throughout the game. I thought Coach Capel needed to make better adjustments and deployments. Xavier was at times a little too reckless. Had the team made only two more foul shots they could have won. Horton was non-existent. It seems to be feast or famine with him. Today Pitt desperately needed him. Slam Penny proved to be too human today. But at least this should cool off some of the premature NBA talk. He needs more time in the college game. William Jeffress and Noah Collier were absent from playing time once again. That really hurts their depth when there is no Jeffress, Collier, and Big John Hugley.

My biggest thing going into today's game was the contention that a good team will win games like these. They did not do that today.

Looks like North Carolina is up next for Pitt on Tuesday night at 7 PM with the ACC Network carrying the broadcast. I saw the Tar Heels play today against NC State. It will be a tough game for Pitt but at least they seem to rise up more for a challenge.
    As I said before, Jeffress wasn't ready and he's no longer in the rotation. He's got to get stronger and get his skills more defined. He's still young don't forget!

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So, where is Hughley? Out on bail? Jail?
    Not sure. But they had better get him back and quick. If they toss him out then some other school will just swoop in and get him. I guess the coach has to make the determination if he is basically a good kid who just did something really stupid or is he a bad seed and what he did was just par for the course. I guess there is a big difference here.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So, where is Hughley? Out on bail? Jail?

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    H2P = WTF
    As outlined above----I did have some major concerns about this game. The classic letdown after a big win. We certainly have seen this before from this program. We also know from last season that Pitt did struggle to tame good perimeter three-point shooting. And that proved to be the chunk of kryptonite in the shorts of the Panthers today. 15 treys made from Wake Forest. And yet Pitt only lost by one.

I was really disappointed. Though I suppose we do have to give it up to Wake for what they managed to do from a shooting and scoring standpoint. But that being said I was not all that happy with some things that transgressed throughout the game. I thought Coach Capel needed to make better adjustments and deployments. Xavier was at times a little too reckless. Had the team made only two more foul shots they could have won. Horton was non-existent. It seems to be feast or famine with him. Today Pitt desperately needed him. Slam Penny proved to be too human today. But at least this should cool off some of the premature NBA talk. He needs more time in the college game. William Jeffress and Noah Collier were absent from playing time once again. That really hurts their depth when there is no Jeffress, Collier, and Big John Hugley.

My biggest thing going into today's game was the contention that a good team will win games like these. They did not do that today.

Looks like North Carolina is up next for Pitt on Tuesday night at 7 PM with the ACC Network carrying the broadcast. I saw the Tar Heels play today against NC State. It will be a tough game for Pitt but at least they seem to rise up more for a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    H2P = WTF

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied
    It is going to be interesting to see how the NCAA selection committee views Maryland. The Terps are at 9-7 and 3-6 in the Big Ten. On the surface that does not look good. But their 3 Big Ten wins were all road wins over Top 20 teams. They won at Wisconsin, at Illinois and at Minnesota. Their RPI will not be bad if they can come close to getting close to .500 in Big Ten play. I don't think Maryland is that good. But they are finding ways to get some big wins just when I want to write them off.

WVU with a very good win after a long layoff. I did not see that margin of victory coming.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Today's game at Wake Forest has me nervous as it represents one of those ultimate trap games that Pitt always seems to fall into. The Demon Deacons are presently winless (0-6) in the ACC and Pitt is tied for third place within the conference (4-1). But two WF players did light things up against North Carolina the other night and each scored a fat 27 points by virtue of some very good three-point shooting.

Pitt has really turned things on here. Consider that just three seasons ago they went 0-19 in the ACC. Under Jeff Capel they have shown steady progress each year and have won some very big games------Beat Florida State twice, North Carolina twice, Syracuse twice, Northwestern twice, and not to mention Duke, Notre Dame and Louisville once each.

Now they need to prove that they can go out and win the games that a good program absolutely should take care of business in and pick up the win. This will be an important step for them this evening.

Tip at 6 PM. Game on ACC Network.
    Trap game for sure ... fresh off Duke win and NC up next.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Today's game at Wake Forest has me nervous as it represents one of those ultimate trap games that Pitt always seems to fall into. The Demon Deacons are presently winless (0-6) in the ACC and Pitt is tied for third place within the conference (4-1). But two WF players did light things up against North Carolina the other night and each scored a fat 27 points by virtue of some very good three-point shooting.

Pitt has really turned things on here. Consider that just three seasons ago they went 0-19 in the ACC. Under Jeff Capel they have shown steady progress each year and have won some very big games------Beat Florida State twice, North Carolina twice, Syracuse twice, Northwestern twice, and not to mention Duke, Notre Dame and Louisville once each.

Now they need to prove that they can go out and win the games that a good program absolutely should take care of business in and pick up the win. This will be an important step for them this evening.

Tip at 6 PM. Game on ACC Network.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

It is somewhat comical to read what players today consider abuse.

Many of the things in the reports the Detroit Mercy coach is being accused of would have been just considered coaching in the 80s and 90s. But, this is largely now a generation of kids who have never been told 'no' for anything.
    Time to get a new coach there for those Detroit lasses. And I have the perfect candidate. I see that former jailed Motown Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick just got his get out of jail free card from Trump. He will need to find work and a fresh start.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Many of the things in the reports the Detroit Mercy coach is being accused of would have been just considered coaching in the 80s and 90s. But, this is largely now a generation of kids who have never been told 'no' for anything.
    Totally agree. Regardless, crazy that it got to that point. Players now have endless channels to b*tch about things without ever doing anything about it. When they actually do says something. It's either really bad or there's something going on in the shadows.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Holy F. Detroit Mercy's president is former Gannon president Antoine Garribaldi. Great guy.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Detroit Mercy (women's) has canceled the rest of the season over abuse claims directed at the head coach.

Among the allegations were they were told to hide Covid symptoms although if they are being tested frequently there isn't much you can hide. In all 14 players and their parents basically said they were done playing (similar to what happened at SRU a couple years ago).
    Holy F. Detroit Mercy's president is former Gannon president Antoine Garribaldi. Great guy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Detroit Mercy (women's) has canceled the rest of the season over abuse claims directed at the head coach.

Among the allegations were they were told to hide Covid symptoms although if they are being tested frequently there isn't much you can hide. In all 14 players and their parents basically said they were done playing (similar to what happened at SRU a couple years ago).

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Duke, NC and Kentucky ... all unranked.

Kentucky is getting better but it seems their attention is already turned toward next year. Coach Cal has a big class coming in plus Oscar from WVU.

I don't know what to make of Duke. Last night was their first game all season having almost the whole roster. I suspect they will keep getting better. In reality, that game never should have been that close at the end. Pitt makes some (any) foul shots down the stretch and the Panthers likely win by double digits.

My opinion is every year there has to be "5-Star" recruits. If not, the magazines and ratings businesses (that's what they are ... businesses) wouldn't have anything to hype up. And, the year's you get a class with a Zion Williamson, etc., ... those are legit "5-Star" players. I don't know how many of the alleged "5-Star" players on Duke, NC and Kentucky this year really deserve the billing.

It's like Coach K said after the game ... that's his youngest team ever. Even at our D2 level ... you see it year after year ... 95% of freshmen in football and basketball just aren't ready to play. They aren't strong enough physically or mentally.

I wouldn't want to play Kentucky or Duke a month from now.

Obviously Capel trying to go all Joe Lombardi and play 4 guys almost the whole game won't work forever. I get he was probably going all in against Duke. Hopefully that's the case and the others aren't injured.
    Yeah, people are saying that Duke and the other blue bloods are not who they usually are. But they are still stocked chalk full of five star recruits. I do agree that all five stars are not created equal but you still have to be pretty damn good to get that designation. Remember how much more physically gifted former ND and IUP safety Max Redfield was. He was a five star. They are usually elite for good reason. Jalen Johnson was most deserving of his five star rating. No doubt about it. He can really ball out. Great battle he had going with Slam Penny.

Looks like a change up in opponent for Pitt on Saturday nite. Scratch BC off the list and add Wake Forest. Same time. Sounds like a downtrodden Deacons team is giving NC a run tonite.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X