Clear All

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Any 6'8" guy still available after the second signing period ... we'll see.
    No, he gave a verbal as far back as February or so. Not sure what the problem was---something about getting the proper things in order like SATs and a few odds and ends. He's a decent player who could really help out.

There are still some good players out there believe it or not. I think these recruits are figuring out that you can actually land a better offer sometimes if you stay uncommitted. Some dude named Coleman actually landed a Duke offer in the past few weeks. A lot of observers were shocked by that. Another four star big with the last name of Howard decommitted from Ole Miss when Khadim Sy came on board. Pitt has been mentioned as in play for his services but I doubt they land him. He's a Georgia native and many feel that he goes either Georgia or G-Tech. Stay tuned for that.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    6-8 PF Karim Coulibaly appears to be on board with Pitt. He is a native of Mali and played at a prep school down near Chambersburg, PA (Scottland). He could really help the Panther inside game with his skills.

He missed the official LOI signing period with a paperwork holdup but did sign a grant in aid today which becomes binding once he attends his first class, which should be very shortly here.

-

Any 6'8" guy still available after the second signing period ... we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

6-8 PF Karim Coulibaly appears to be on board with Pitt. He is a native of Mali and played at a prep school down near Chambersburg, PA (Scottland). He could really help the Panther inside game with his skills.

He missed the official LOI signing period with a paperwork holdup but did sign a grant in aid today which becomes binding once he attends his first class, which should be very shortly here.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Program height about 6'6"

Real life height not 6'6"

Capel signs me he may be the new coach at Clarion by June 1
    LOL. Just imagine what Cobo's street value would be about now down in Oakland. Capel would see him walking outside his window and have his little bro go and wrangle him into the office. He would want to talk to him.

I don't feel that Sy was going to be that much of a game-changer to be honest. But he would have been nice to add to the arsenal as at least something else to fight with.

Terrell Brown showed some ability. Just too bad that he can't catch the ball when Xavier throws a pass to him. That's kind of important.

Capel just needs to not get discouraged and keep chopping wood. He did well to get Pitt on quite a few trimmed down lists of good prospects. He'll break down the door here shortly, though it looks like it will have to wait until next year regarding the bigs (unless he gets someone to reclassify). Coulibaly, Drumgoole and Champagnie are all quality gets.

I think most of us knew that the Pitt rebuild would take three years to complete. Progress has been made but still more work to do.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Just broke---Sy to Ole Miss. Goodness, Pitt just keeps missing on these bigs.

IUPBigIndians----how tall are you? Maybe Capel will suit you up for minutes in the paint at the Pete next season? Somebody has to help out Brown and Coulibaly. And the latter man has yet to even sign since there was a holdup with his SATs or some such thing.

-
    Program height about 6'6"

Real life height not 6'6"

Capel signs me he may be the new coach at Clarion by June 1

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Just broke---Sy to Ole Miss. Goodness, Pitt just keeps missing on these bigs.

IUPBigIndians----how tall are you? Maybe Capel will suit you up for minutes in the paint at the Pete next season? Somebody has to help out Brown and Coulibaly. And the latter man has yet to even sign since there was a holdup with his SATs or some such thing.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Hard to see them miss out on the local from Butler. He chose Purdue.
    Purdue worked out well for both Bob Griese and Drew Brees as well as the PSAC's own Stanley Swank.

Ethan Morton is who you reference. Honestly, I did not hear a lot of buzz about Pitt going after him. It seemed to be a foregone conclusion for some time that he was heading to the Big Ten. Many predicted Indiana. I'm sure that Capel did talk to him and they did their due diligence on him.

Still awaiting word on the Sy decision to come down. I'd personally be surprised if he selects Pitt to be honest.

Apparently SF D.J. Gordon has Pitt in his final four schools that he is deciding upon.

-
    Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 05-13-2019, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Maybe there is hope for the NBA after all. Beilein to the cavs!
    The problem will be finding enough unselfish and high basketball
    iq players in the NBA that actually pass to field a team!
    Good luck John!
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...oach-cavaliers
    Amazing! From Division II to the NBA!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

RMU news:

New arena opened this past weekend. Hosted graduations on Friday and Saturday then LiveNation had Evanescence there on Sunday. Pics: https://twitter.com/RMUMBasketball/s...51454949412865

They also announced their new AD - Chris King coming from Texas - Rio Grande Valley. UTRGV is a member of the WAC. King is also an RMU alumnus.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Maybe there is hope for the NBA after all. Beilein to the cavs!
    The problem will be finding enough unselfish and high basketball
    iq players in the NBA that actually pass to field a team!
    Good luck John!
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...oach-cavaliers

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Some recent Pitt happenings----last week Capel signed a JUCO SG named Ryan Murphy from the state of California though I believe he was playing ball most recently in New Mexico at a JC. He was rated at #46 among the JUCO crop for this year.

6-10 C Khadim Sy out of Daytona State JUCO (and formerly of Oak Hill Academy and V-Tech) is set to make his selection tomorrow evening. His three finalist schools are Pitt, Ole Miss, and East Carolina. Stay tuned for that.

Also, Pitt is scheduled to play overseas in Italy in August this summer. They could certainly use the extra time for team building and devolpment.

-
    Hard to see them miss out on the local from Butler. He chose Purdue.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-13-2019, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Some recent Pitt happenings----last week Capel signed a JUCO SG named Ryan Murphy from the state of California though I believe he was playing ball most recently in New Mexico at a JC. He was rated at #46 among the JUCO crop for this year.

6-10 C Khadim Sy out of Daytona State JUCO (and formerly of Oak Hill Academy and V-Tech) is set to make his selection tomorrow evening. His three finalist schools are Pitt, Ole Miss, and East Carolina. Stay tuned for that.

Also, Pitt is scheduled to play overseas in Italy in August this summer. They could certainly use the extra time for team building and devolpment.

-

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

If anyone watched tonight's ESPN 30 for 30 on Felipe Lopez, you saw some footage from Gannon's Hammermill Center when Lopez's Manhattan Rice high school team played in Cathedral Prep's McDonald's classic tournament there in the mid 1990's. I was at that game -- Lopez scored 41 (I think) to break Chris Webber's tournament record at that time. What a performance.

Only downside: those were the years that the court lines and Gannon baseline markings were the odd orange-ish color. I forgot how awful it looked!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Khameron Davis, formerly of Pitt, is headed to Weber State.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X