• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Agree ... I really like watching Virginia. It's not a physical defense like Gannon. It's a group of players that can work together well enough that the opponent can never get any dribble penetration. It would be boring if every team played like them, but it would be boring if every team played 87-79 games.
    I will say the last 5 regulation minutes of Purdue vs TN was incredible.

Virginia is perceived as different so the masses turn on them. Same way the yinzers yapped about Jamie winning 25 games a year.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The morning show is getting to the point of being hard to keep on the radio. I just can't find anything else to kill that ride from Indiana to Pittsburgh.

Luckily I get the Super Genius on the ride home.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Agree ... I really like watching Virginia. It's not a physical defense like Gannon. It's a group of players that can work together well enough that the opponent can never get any dribble penetration. It would be boring if every team played like them, but it would be boring if every team played 87-79 games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    The B team as usual doesn't know sports! Doesn't shock me at all.
    The morning show is getting to the point of being hard to keep on the radio. I just can't find anything else to kill that ride from Indiana to Pittsburgh.

Luckily I get the Super Genius on the ride home.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

One of the hosts on 93.7 The Fan (Pittsburgh) went on a tirade this morning about wanting Virginia knocked out as fast as possible. He went on and on about how watching a 51-47 game is terrible for basketball fans.

I couldn't help but think of Mercyhurst and Gannon. It made me laugh hearing their arguments.

The obvious downside to Mercyhurst and Gannon is they need exactly the right roster for it to be successful. At Virginia, Tony Bennett can just pick and choose. Mercyhurst had the perfect roster this year to run that style. Gary has had it before, too, but hadn't for the past couple seasons.

It's much harder at D2. That's why you see GU and Mercyhurst have some very, very good years but then those get mixed in with some very bad years (GU this year and two years ago) and more average years.
    The B team as usual doesn't know sports! Doesn't shock me at all.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

One of the hosts on 93.7 The Fan (Pittsburgh) went on a tirade this morning about wanting Virginia knocked out as fast as possible. He went on and on about how watching a 51-47 game is terrible for basketball fans.

I couldn't help but think of Mercyhurst and Gannon. It made me laugh hearing their arguments.

The obvious downside to Mercyhurst and Gannon is they need exactly the right roster for it to be successful. At Virginia, Tony Bennett can just pick and choose. Mercyhurst had the perfect roster this year to run that style. Gary has had it before, too, but hadn't for the past couple seasons.

It's much harder at D2. That's why you see GU and Mercyhurst have some very, very good years but then those get mixed in with some very bad years (GU this year and two years ago) and more average years.
    I wonder if that same guy wanted Pitt knocked out as soon as possible back when they made themselves a relevant program by playing exactly the same way.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Late games are 24-16 at half and 10-10 with 8 minutes left in half. John Reilly is loving what he is seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Late games are 24-16 at half and 10-10 with 8 minutes left in half. John Reilly is loving what he is seeing.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Buffalo isn't that bad if you can handle snow. Its starting to see a resurgence similar to Columbus. Tuscaloosa isn't bad either - but its in Alabama.
    I had some relatives who lived there. During one of those bad winters of the 1970s the dude goes out to clean off his car for work the next day. First he had to find the car. Think about that! That would be a LOT of freakin' snow to bury a car. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Some rumors swirling that 6-10 C Khadim Sy out of Daytona State College (formerly of V-Tech and Oak Hill) may commit to Pitt by the end of the week. Apparently he was said to be heading to LSU but the recent trouble there must have him reconsidering that choice. Stay tuned.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tennessee ... wow

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Buffalo isn't that bad if you can handle snow. Its starting to see a resurgence similar to Columbus. Tuscaloosa isn't bad either - but its in Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tuscaloosa or Buffalo (Siberia).

End of story. Lol.

Alabama is an extraordinary campus and is the definition of a college town. He can win there.

I also pegged him at a more traditional name basketball school but there's no reason he won't succeed there. They have more money than Fort Knox. If you can win in Knoxville you can win in Tuscaloosa.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Buffalo's Nate Oats to Alabama. I have to say that I am rather surprised on this one. He was a hot commodity out there-- just didn't seem to be a lot of big jobs open this year.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I was actually suggesting nothing of the sort. Just surprised that Bama is where he ended up. But you are correct that he is getting paid. Not bad for a guy who was coaching high school ball seven or eight years ago when Bobby Hurley added him to his staff.

And NO coach would ever leave a school before they coached a game there. Kliff Kingsbury bustin'.

-

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X