Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercy is still learning the D and Daemen is struggling with it big time.

WL is gonna kill Daemen on Saturday. They look dramatically over-hyped.

Comment

Final

Daemen 67
      Mercyhurst 65

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        BORO 35. ROBERTS WES. 34 at the half

MILL. 73. WILMINGTON 59 8:00 2nd half.
        MILL 98 WILMINGTON 87. FINAL

BORO 54 ROBERTS WES. 50 9:00. 2nd half

Comment

MILL 98 WILMINGTON 87. FINAL

BORO 54 ROBERTS WES. 50 9:00. 2nd half
          BORO. 67. ROBERTS WES. 65. FINAL

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hope Seton Hill goes winless.

Regardless, IUP's visit there will be a nailbiter. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Regardless, IUP's visit there will be a nailbiter. :-)
              Well ... They don't play like thugs and goons anymore since Tark the Shark left.

But, I still hope they go winless.

Comment

Decent PSAC lineup today:

Shippensburg at Wilmington - Should be a road W for the Red Raiders. Wilmington has enough to make them work for a bit, however.

Bloomsburg at Felician - Tough road trip for the Huskies ... likely the game Joe Lombardi is watching today as these are two of his next three opponents

Ohio Dominican at UPJ - Big-time non-conference game in Johnstown. UPJ more skill. ODU way more athletic ability.

Frostburg at Shepherd - Rams have played well past couple outings

Lock Haven at Chestnut Hill - Bald Eagles should drop a beating on CH

Gannon at Bowie State - About time GU gets started. Bowie State is a brutal place to play with students on campus. GU also has opening night nerves/rust.

Clarion at D&E - The Golden Eagles need one here.

Cheyney at ESU - Warriors get to work out some kinks

Charleston at Slippery Rock - Second big non-conference game of the day. SRU can't take too many losses prior to Till returning. This could be one, however.

Seton Hill at Alderson Broaddus - Perhaps the GMAC will keep SH down there?

Also:

West Liberty at Daemen - Hilltoppers going to run over Daemen. A young, short-handed Mercyhurst just about won at Daemen Thursday night. This won't be close.

Comment

Ship 77, Wilmington 69. Raiders overcame a bad first half and outrebounded Wilmington, 48-26. Three-point shooting was lousy (4 out of 21 and Biss was 1 for 8). That should straighten out (and will need to for PSAC games) as they have a couple of decent shooters who just aren't hitting so far.

Comment

Originally posted by
                    ?

Also:

[B
                    West Liberty[/B] at Daemen - Hilltoppers going to run over Daemen. A young, short-handed Mercyhurst just about won at Daemen Thursday night. This won't be close.
                    Well, not so much run over as tripped over 83-98 !!

Comment

Well, not so much run over as tripped over 83-98 !!

Well ... Shows me Mercyhurst rebuilt quick.

Comment

Seton Hill amazingly got a win at Alderson Broaddus.

Charleston won at SRU.

Comment

This could be a difficult season to predict results. I think some of the top teams are going to have several unexpected loses.

Comment

Or it might just mean that Mercy's style matched up better with Daemen. Without having studied their roster as others here, I'm sure, have, I imagine that Mercy brought in a couple of PSAC-style bigs who probably bothered Sischo more than WLU's flyweight "bigs" could. I'm guessing those two scores from Daemen (vs. Mercy and vs. WLU) are as much about match-up as they are about the individual talent of each team. I wouldn't guess that those results will be predictive of the seasons those two teams will have. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Or it might just mean that Mercy's style matched up better with Daemen. Without having studied their roster as others here, I'm sure, have, I imagine that Mercy brought in a couple of PSAC-style bigs who probably bothered Sischo more than WLU's flyweight "bigs" could. I'm guessing those two scores from Daemen (vs. Mercy and vs. WLU) are as much about match-up as they are about the individual talent of each team. I wouldn't guess that those results will be predictive of the seasons those two teams will have. But I could be wrong.
                              Beyond these two games, it just seems that some teams are doing better and some not as well as preseason polls suggested. But it's very early and we will have a much better read by the New Year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X