Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Chucky should get "transfer status." On the third college team he has played on and at the fourth school he has "committed" to!
    You mad???

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's capable of scoring more but his opportunities aren't really there. He's very valuable as a garbage man ... jack of all trades. He's a shut-down defender and game-changing shot blocker. He can get huge rebounds. We look at more than offense here. You need elite scrappers to survive a West season. He's a tough kid, very well-liked and a great person.
      He is your leading rebounder by a pretty large margin at 96 total on the season which is OK, but again, not exactly setting the world on fire (Actually the #249 rebounder in the nation). His 21 blocks tie him for #66 in the nation. Again, not bad but hardly elite.

Like I said, good #5 starter. Generally he is a mixed bag...competent rebounder and shot blocker, but struggles scoring, and suffers outside and at the free throw line.

Comment

He is your leading rebounder by a pretty large margin at 96 total on the season which is OK, but again, not exactly setting the world on fire (Actually the #249 rebounder in the nation). His 21 blocks tie him for #66 in the nation. Again, not bad but hardly elite.

Like I said, good #5 starter. Generally he is a mixed bag...competent rebounder and shot blocker, but struggles scoring, and suffers outside and at the free throw line.
        He's just fine. I'm sure he appreciates the pub today.

Comment

He's just fine. I'm sure he appreciates the pub today.
          He is fine...just not what some thought he would be coming out of HS or even three years later when he signed with IUP. I'm sure he does appreciate the pub!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You mad???
            When he backed out of his commitment, yea, I was mad! But as time went by and I took periodic looks at how he was playing at his two JUCO stops, that quickly faded and honnestly, I was a little relieved that he backed out of his commitment. I remember some idle speculation on this board on weather he would try and go to WLU after he finally realized he was not a D1 prospect. I was not in favor of that at all.

But as they say, every cloud has a silver lining and for WLU that came in the form of Australian transfer James Griffin who took Humphries spot, spent two years at the Hilltop, garnered 49 starts and was a critical scoring piece along with Monteroso and Freshman Bolon. Much more impactful in his two years than Humphreies would have been during his first two years at WLU.
            Last edited by boatcapt; 01-18-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

When he backed out of his commitment, yea, I was mad! But as time went by and I took periodic looks at how he was playing at his two JUCO stops, that quickly faded and honnestly, I was a little relieved that he backed out of his commitment. I remember some idle speculation on this board on weather he would try and go to WLU after he finally realized he was not a D1 prospect. I was not in favor of that at all.

But as they say, every cloud has a silver lining and for WLU that came in the form of Australian transfer James Griffin who took Humphries spot, spent two years at the Hilltop, garnered 49 starts and was a critical scoring piece along with Monteroso and Freshman Bolon. Much more impactful in his two years than Humphreies would have been during his first two years at WLU.
              They are different players. Griffin was more like a guard. When you needed him to bang against elite bigs in the NCAAs he got ate alive. Sleva literarily ate him for dinner.

Different roles in different schemes. Both nice players in the right system.

Comment

They are different players. Griffin was more like a guard. When you needed him to bang against elite bigs in the NCAAs he got ate alive. Sleva literarily ate him for dinner.

Different roles in different schemes. Both nice players in the right system.
                I wonder how a 185 pound Humphries would do against the same elite NCAA bigs?

Both players were/are good, not elite, complimentary players. Griffin was a good, not great, #3...Humphreies is a good, not great, #5. But only one was ever proposed to be anything more than that.

Comment

Half

UPJ 38
                  SRU 24

Comment

Kutztown 32
                    West Chester 30

Half

Comment

Rock otw back
                      ... Josh Wise losing his temper.

Comment

Kutztown's been holding WCU at arm's length for about 20 minutes now; it's 54-45 with 12 minutes left. A Kutz win would put Ship solidly in control in the East.

Comment

Rock otw back
                          ... Josh Wise losing his temper.
                          These refs... yikes!!!

Comment

Rock takes lead ...

First half UPJ got every call. Second complete opposite.

Comment

Man, it's as good as over in West Chester. Kutztown up by 19. The Golden Rams are really bottoming out at the moment.

Comment

Kutztown 92, West Chester 78 final.

Shippensburg goes to Greensburg tomorrow afternoon with a 1 1/2-game lead.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X