Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Lincoln (PA)

Anybody see this story? Seven members of men's basketball team arrested.

A report said the university posted their bond and they played Wednesday night.

Re: OT: Lincoln (PA)

https://6abc.com/lincoln-university-...ation/4932451/

Comment

YIKES and The University paid the bail and let them play??? Nothing good can come of this!

Comment

How bizarre. I guess we can assume that the school knows enough of the details that they decided to let the kids play...and pay for their bail. I'll be interested to see the full story, if it ever sees the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
          How bizarre. I guess we can assume that the school knows enough of the details that they decided to let the kids play...and pay for their bail. I'll be interested to see the full story, if it ever sees the light of day.
          Maybe the the coach pressured the kids to increase their steals. Lol

Comment

I read on Twitter that the players apartments were robbed during a game. They knew who did it. They weren't real happy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              YIKES and The University paid the bail and let them play??? Nothing good can come of this!
              Lincoln is state funded. Imagine how some in Harrisburg would react if IUP paid for players' bail.

Comment

Exactly the players knew who robbed them went and kicked a&s unfortunately police were called and they were all arrested. The robbers apparently were targeting athletes from both the men's and women's BB teams knowing they would be away from their dorms during games which allowed them ample time to run in their dorms/apartments and take their personal belongings. The university had evidence and thus bailed the players out rightfully and the charges should be dropped in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                  Exactly the players knew who robbed them went and kicked a&s unfortunately police were called and they were all arrested. The robbers apparently were targeting athletes from both the men's and women's BB teams knowing they would be away from their dorms during games which allowed them ample time to run in their dorms/apartments and take their personal belongings. The university had evidence and thus bailed the players out rightfully and the charges should be dropped in the near future.
                  Great to hear that they are ok. Glad they kicked butt too as that will probably harshest penalty robbers will receive

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                    This is good to know. At first glance I though they were the ones making the thefts. In this case I hope that the charges are dropped. I'd be furious if I found the people who were ripping me off.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Anybody see this story? Seven members of men's basketball team arrested.

A report said the university posted their bond and they played Wednesday night.
                      How is that even legal under NCAA rules? Am I missing something here?
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

UPDATE

https://www.dailylocal.com/news/linc...40ce3d892.html

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

Those felony charges aren't exactly like getting caught underage drinking.

I like the part that the basketball players are allowed back in the dorm but the non-basketball player isn't.

I bet some away crowds are going to love Lincoln visiting. That's every student sections dream right there.

Comment

Yep. Handle things the right way and the players are looking at no issues. Handle things like they did by engaging in felony assault and felony theft and you are no better than the scum bag thief AND you have effectively ended your basketball career. I really don't understand Lincoln letting the players continue to play. They are effectively saying that it's OK to engage in mob "justice" provided you or a friend of yours is a victim. Wonder what Lincoln would say if the players had killed the scum bag during the beat down? I wonder if they would condone other students taking things into their own hands? Somebody run into your car in the parking lot? Figure out who you think it is, nock on his or her door and kick their ass...and take their iPhone and Xbox as "pay back."

Of course...Lincoln's basketball team is off to it's best start in history...soooooooooo...Lincoln will probably let the judicial process play out...Innocent until PROVEN guilty after all. No point ruining a historic season with the "law"!!
                              Last edited by boatcapt; 01-16-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X