Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know the story with the West Chester kid?

I assume he's testing the D1 waters?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

My source pretty much confirms that BOSWELL will be there next year. His player has had interest from some D2 schools but looks at that as a parallel move and appears to be leaning on sticking it out at CAL U. even though he's not a BRENT PEGRAM fan.
      If I'm Sancomb ... tell him to get lost. You wanna test the portal that means you don't want to be here. Bye.

If this situation is this bad after his freshman season ... it's not going to get any better. Best for both to move on now.

Comment

Haven't followed BOSWELL though TOPPER fans think he's overrated. Is that real or sour grapes ? Far away from game time how would a PEGRAM-BOSWELL back court appear with all the remixing that DS has to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Reports per internet source, Heath has already heard from Fairfield, Hofstra, Towson, New Mexico St. and Holy Cross.

Comment

He made it quite clear in a public interview during the season how he could "take the PSAC by storm", "put his name out there to get some shine" because "he felt that he was overlooked and (WCU) was a platform for him to play well". West Chester was the only school that wanted him out of high school. It's part of why he 500+ shots this season.

Comment

Boswell didn't play bad at WLU but he certainly wasn't the star he was at Wheeling. Some guys just cant be happy unless they are THE MAN...or at least the #2 option. Boswell played well for the most part at WLU but was having a lot of trouble scoring.

Maybe a change in scenery will help but it will need to be to a place where the ball is going through him. Given the number of transfers at Cal this year, he would certainly be "the man" there...or at least the #2 option.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Boswell didn't play bad at WLU but he certainly wasn't the star he was at Wheeling. Some guys just cant be happy unless they are THE MAN...or at least the #2 option. Boswell played well for the most part at WLU but was having a lot of trouble scoring.

Maybe a change in scenery will help but it will need to be to a place where the ball is going through him. Given the number of transfers at Cal this year, he would certainly be "the man" there...or at least the #2 option.
                I'm not sure that's entirely true. He was decidedly third fiddle when he was at Jesuit, behind Moseh & Highsmith. But as Columbus said above, the extended minutes he got at WJU gave him more opportunities to score (and get to the line). He just never seemed to get comfortable playing in the short spurts required of the WLU system. Perhaps he's a rhythm guy who needs to stay in the flow for 35 minutes. He'll find that at Cal, I assume. They haven't gone very deep on the bench recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I'm not sure that's entirely true. He was decidedly third fiddle when he was at Jesuit, behind Moseh & Highsmith. But as Columbus said above, the extended minutes he got at WJU gave him more opportunities to score (and get to the line). He just never seemed to get comfortable playing in the short spurts required of the WLU system. Perhaps he's a rhythm guy who needs to stay in the flow for 35 minutes. He'll find that at Cal, I assume. They haven't gone very deep on the bench recently.
                  Highsmith was certainly the #1 at Wheeling the last year Boswell played, no doubt. But Boswell was the #2 ahead of Moseh. Both averaged the same PPG at 17.3 but Boswell played in more games (32 to 26) and averaged more minutes per game, shot and made a higher % of shots and 3 pt shots were not even close. Moseh was very good and very important and a legit case can be made that he is #2, but IMHO Boswell was the #2 option.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Highsmith was certainly the #1 at Wheeling the last year Boswell played, no doubt. But Boswell was the #2 ahead of Moseh. Both averaged the same PPG at 17.3 but Boswell played in more games (32 to 26) and averaged more minutes per game, shot and made a higher % of shots and 3 pt shots were not even close. Moseh was very good and very important and a legit case can be made that he is #2, but IMHO Boswell was the #2 option.
                    Moseh missed the last month of his senior year as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

He made it quite clear in a public interview during the season how he could "take the PSAC by storm", "put his name out there to get some shine" because "he felt that he was overlooked and (WCU) was a platform for him to play well". West Chester was the only school that wanted him out of high school. It's part of why he 500+ shots this season.
                      If you go back in time we kept saying on here something wasn't right in that program ... something had to be causing that epic collapse. Just a hunch but we know the answer to the riddle now.

Comment

Per @WizardOfBoz4 he will play his last season as a grad student at CAL U. How this will effect the chemistry of a pretty good, but significantly different VULCAN team, will remain to be seen.

Comment

Per @WizardOfBoz4 he will play his last season as a grad student at CAL U. How this will effect the chemistry of a pretty good, but significantly different VULCAN team, will remain to be seen.
                          He's obviously not coming there to ride pine. Wonder how this will alter the others' decisions.

Comment

With BOSWELL starting the first six , PEGRAM, SMITH JR, COLLINS, HALL and ALSTON accounted for 58.5 of 80 pts, 21.9 of 37.3 rbds and 131.8 minutes per game. Desperately need size and another 3pt shooter.

Comment

If you go back in time we kept saying on here something wasn't right in that program ... something had to be causing that epic collapse. Just a hunch but we know the answer to the riddle now.
                              WCU lost 5 seniors and 4 of their top 5 scorers from 18-19. Their soft schedule at the start of the season created a mirage. Honestly, Heath kept this year's team afloat. Without him and Jackson, next season will be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

WCU lost 5 seniors and 4 of their top 5 scorers from 18-19. Their soft schedule at the start of the season created a mirage. Honestly, Heath kept this year's team afloat. Without him and Jackson, next season will be worse.

They did play a really weak non-conference schedule, but they also had pre-XMAS wins over Mercyhurst (NCAA team), California, Gannon and Slippery Rock. So, it wasn't all cupcakes.

Blair will bounce back quickly. I know they don't have 'scholarship' money, but they have money. That's the key ingredient in football and basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X