X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I get your point. Just a clarification regarding maximum community spread. The first level is 2500. They in turn might have contact with 10 people each ( now 25,000 exposed at second level ), who in turn contact 10 people (250,000 At 3rd level), etc. That is the inherent problem with large gatherings. The greater the delay in identifying the initial positive case and then somehow contact tracing and quarantining the 2500 ( non trivial task) the greater the spread.
    Yea...First level direct contact potential of 2500.

I think a lot of Covid "management" visa vie large events can be learned from security crowd management. Certainly more to it, but "crowd control" focuses on flow control, rapid ingress and exit and identifying and mitigating choke points are primary factors that security looks at for any mass gathering.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I would think reserved/pre-sale would actually be better. Keep people from lining up at the ticket window and you could also designate entrances close to the seats to keep people from lining up to enter at one place. You can also cut the stadium into sections for concession and bathrooms to avoid potential cross contamination (ex. in a 20,000 seat stadium, limit total people in the stadium to 10,000, cut the stadium into 4 parts each with seprate entrances, concessions and bathrooms. if a person does come in with Covid, the maximum "community spread" would be 2,500 vice 10,000.)
    I get your point. Just a clarification regarding maximum community spread. The first level is 2500. They in turn might have contact with 10 people each ( now 25,000 exposed at second level ), who in turn contact 10 people (250,000 At 3rd level), etc. That is the inherent problem with large gatherings. The greater the delay in identifying the initial positive case and then somehow contact tracing and quarantining the 2500 ( non trivial task) the greater the spread.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think you oversimplified it. Restaurants can go up to 50% capacity if they have room to keep tables 6 feet apart. I guess a stadium could do the same - but I imagine it would have to be first come first serve and not reserved seats or presale.
    I would think reserved/pre-sale would actually be better. Keep people from lining up at the ticket window and you could also designate entrances close to the seats to keep people from lining up to enter at one place. You can also cut the stadium into sections for concession and bathrooms to avoid potential cross contamination (ex. in a 20,000 seat stadium, limit total people in the stadium to 10,000, cut the stadium into 4 parts each with seprate entrances, concessions and bathrooms. if a person does come in with Covid, the maximum "community spread" would be 2,500 vice 10,000.)

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I still have no idea why an outdoor stadium can't have 33% occupancy yet indoor restaurants can.
    I think you oversimplified it. Restaurants can go up to 50% capacity if they have room to keep tables 6 feet apart. I guess a stadium could do the same - but I imagine it would have to be first come first serve and not reserved seats or presale.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I disagree. The hardline stance on the number is the problem. I think the games could be played with some accommodations: no fans, game table staff spaced out, benches spaced out, etc. But the PIAA is trying to play as if its any other year. If they had proposed a way to make it happen with accommodations, I imagine he would have decided it. This is what happened with restaurants and breweries. Through their trade associations, they proposed adjusted guidelines and the governor consented.
    I still have no idea why an outdoor stadium can't have 33% occupancy yet indoor restaurants can.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Damn stupid gov in Pa.
    I disagree. The hardline stance on the number is the problem. I think the games could be played with some accommodations: no fans, game table staff spaced out, benches spaced out, etc. But the PIAA is trying to play as if its any other year. If they had proposed a way to make it happen with accommodations, I imagine he would have decided it. This is what happened with restaurants and breweries. Through their trade associations, they proposed adjusted guidelines and the governor consented.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Damn stupid gov in Pa.
    Honestly, he did a great job IMO. Before college kids started going back to campuses, we were not hearing about weddings and parties that have turned into super-spreader events like other places, and his orders are the main reason why...My post was not meant to be critical of his policies...

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    With indoor limits in PA of 25, basketball will nearly be impossible. Subs might have to sit in the hallway, or in the locker room. There's 13 players and refs on the court. Add 1 HC and 1 Assistant, for each team, and you're at 17. Table crew is at least 4, which is 21, giving you 2 trainers per team to get to your 25...
    Damn stupid gov in Pa.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Which is probably why they don't play basketball games in bars, in Philly...Stay safe!
    Basketball is way safer than a college bar. Even the corona freaks would agree.

Yet, one will be open nightly and the other will get cancelled. Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Which is probably why they don't play basketball games in bars, in Philly...Stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    With indoor limits in PA of 25, basketball will nearly be impossible. Subs might have to sit in the hallway, or in the locker room. There's 13 players and refs on the court. Add 1 HC and 1 Assistant, for each team, and you're at 17. Table crew is at least 4, which is 21, giving you 2 trainers per team to get to your 25...
    Yet the bars on Philadelphia Street pack hundreds in nightly.

I doubt they play but here's to hoping.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Mansfield picks up a late edition.

Raimon Burt -- most recently of Tarleton State -- is a 6'8", 220 lb Forward.

He's been all over the place.

He started out at D1 Indiana University Purdue Fort Wayne. He then went to Cloud County Junior College prior to Tarleton. He didn't play last season at Tarleton per their official stats.

... decorated high school career in Albany, NY.
    This is the opposite of Khalil Turner. Dallas/Ft Worth metro to MILLERSVILLE ??? There has got to be a back story.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Mansfield picks up a late edition.

Raimon Burt -- most recently of Tarleton State -- is a 6'8", 220 lb Forward.

He's been all over the place.

He started out at D1 Indiana University Purdue Fort Wayne. He then went to Cloud County Junior College prior to Tarleton. He didn't play last season at Tarleton per their official stats.

... decorated high school career in Albany, NY.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hmmmm. Philly suburbs or Palm Beach?..?..Philly suburbs or Palm Beach?..?..yeah Palm Beach it is !!
    The kid going to a JUCO tells me there is underlying reasons.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X