X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If students have to stay off campus the first semester, the football season will be the least of PASSHE schools' problems. All we can do is see how this thing plays out.
    Valid ... but this is a sports message board. So, no football or basketball will majorly SUCK.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

That would be devastating
    If students have to stay off campus the first semester, the football season will be the least of PASSHE schools' problems. All we can do is see how this thing plays out.

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I certainly don't anticipate a football season. Hopefully we at least get basketball.
    That would be devastating

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

A number just saw the writing on the wall. DS isn't going to play more than 7-9 on a regular basis and if you want to be more than a practice player it's time to move on. Also some indication that his BOBBY KNIGHT LIGHT style of coaching was getting old. If they had won 3-4 of their close loses and were actually in the running for a post season spot, a few may have been excited enough to stay. Others like LUKE HOUSE, now apparently at DREXEL, had clearly better options.
    The world is so upsidedown right now I can't see that any of this matters. We'll see come August.
    I certainly don't anticipate a football season. Hopefully we at least get basketball.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

He sure didn't strike me as a D1 recruit. He's at that odd size ... too small for a D1 post player and probably too slow for a D1 guard. Assuming he's going there as a walk-on?
    I'd have to guess his .420 3pt average has something to do with it. Also 2nd in assists and very few turnovers despite playing the most minutes. Just a smart hardworking player who can get points at crucial junctures.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    What's goin' on at Cal?... Anyone?
    A number just saw the writing on the wall. DS isn't going to play more than 7-9 on a regular basis and if you want to be more than a practice player it's time to move on. Also some indication that his BOBBY KNIGHT LIGHT style of coaching was getting old. If they had won 3-4 of their close loses and were actually in the running for a post season spot, a few may have been excited enough to stay. Others like LUKE HOUSE, now apparently at DREXEL, had clearly better options.
    The world is so upsidedown right now I can't see that any of this matters. We'll see come August.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Very nice step up for a Philly area kid. Wish him all the best.

He sure didn't strike me as a D1 recruit. He's at that odd size ... too small for a D1 post player and probably too slow for a D1 guard. Assuming he's going there as a walk-on?

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Former Vulcan Luke House signs with Drexel.
    Very nice step up for a Philly area kid. Wish him all the best.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Former Vulcan Luke House signs with Drexel.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Fayetteville State and West Liberty are finalists for Mansfield transfer Christian Simmons.

It was heavily rumored IUP was interested but no offer was extended.

Simmons has listed his Final 8.

Robert Morris is also interested.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Nine is a lot but so far I wouldn't say there's many actual losses. If anything Danny has a lot of cap room. Keep in mind he may have simply cut some of these guys, too.
    If you can lose nine players and there aren't many actual losses, doesn't say much for their recruiting depth.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Correction: Brake is a grad transfer. He's open season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Kutztown and Lock Haven's Tarojae Blake transferring again.
    So, he sat out a full season to play at Kutztown ... then leaves after one season.

Recall he once 'Twitter-committed' to West Liberty. I'd guess he heads to the MEC.

He's a nice player.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That's not a new thing at Cal. On a level of excitement, Cal and Saltsburg are probably about equal.

I'd guess that massive Angelo Dome works two ways. When you first see it ... you think it's great. Then you play in front of 5,788 empty seats all year.

The good news for Sancomb is not one of those 9 departures is irreplaceable - most were just bench guys. A couple are losses, sure, ... but nothing major.

He still has Pegram, Zyan Collins and Jermaine Hall. That's his core. Add in Preston Boswell. He'll replace the rest pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• IUP92USAF12
    replied

Nine is a lot but so far I wouldn't say there's many actual losses. If anything Danny has a lot of cap room. Keep in mind he may have simply cut some of these guys, too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X