Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 4 MEC teams still alive have to be thinking these are must-win games today (except maybe Charleston, who is in the best position to be unaffected by the GMAC storm).

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
      All 4 MEC teams still alive have to be thinking these are must-win games today (except maybe Charleston, who is in the best position to be unaffected by the GMAC storm).
      Sure didn't see Cedarville or Malone in the mix. But, one of them is now.

Comment

That's real bad news for somebody in the MEC.
        We'll see. The MEC had 4 teams ranked in the Regional Rankings (3 in the Top 6), ALL are still playing. GMAC has 3 in the RR (2 in the Top 6), ALL have been eliminated. PSAC had 1 in the RR, it is not playing. I think key will be how much Findley (#3 now) is "punished" for losing and how much Hurst (#5 now) is "punished" for not playing. If either of those teams fall to 6, they are out of the tourney.

The UC/Fairmont game is HUGE for both teams. If UC wins, they probably claim the #1 seeding...Fairmont on the other hand is probably playing for a seat in the NCAA Tourney. They win, the NCAA finds a way to get them in...lose and they are probably out.

Glenville is in a situation similar to Fairmont except I think they have to win the MEC tourney to make the NCAA Tourney field.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Another point, a loss by a team in the MEC and GMAC tourney will be to a good team, while Gannon's tourney week opponent is going to be either 0-2 or 1-1 Hard to envision that would trump a team losing in the semis of its conf tourney.
          I don't think the first Gannon vs IUP will count as a game for Gannon as far as NCAAs go.

IUP signed an exhibition deal with them. Joe wasn't taking a real game after 5 practices. So, while they are played as actual games, they are essentially just practices with another team. So, if IUP went 0-2 or 1-1 ... they don't have an official record.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't think the first Gannon vs IUP will count as a game for Gannon as far as NCAAs go.

IUP signed an exhibition deal with them. Joe wasn't taking a real game after 5 practices. So, while they are played as actual games, they are essentially just practices with another team. So, if IUP went 0-2 or 1-1 ... they don't have an official record.
            With how the two Tourney's have played out (all the ranked MEC teams still playing and a non-ranked GMAC team going to make the 6-team field), the chances for Gannon to move from completely outside of the Regional Rankings to the #5 position are almost zero...especially when you consider that they haven't played in over a week and that in their last four games they went 1-3 (including 0-2 to close the "official" season"). Do they really get the nod over a Glenville team that has at least made the MEC semis (so far?)...Do they bump Fairmont (at least MEC semi)...Do they beat out a Hurst team they lost to twice...Does Findlay fall from #3 out of the top 6 to be replaced by Gannon? Can't see any of that having a realistic chance of happening.

I do note that Gannon is showing the IUP game as "counting" on their record.

Comment

The Gannon AD isn't bright and that's a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The Gannon AD isn't bright and that's a fact!
                They can count it as they wish. My point was the NCAA likely will not as it was signed as an exhibition.

Comment

With how the two Tourney's have played out (all the ranked MEC teams still playing and a non-ranked GMAC team going to make the 6-team field), the chances for Gannon to move from completely outside of the Regional Rankings to the #5 position are almost zero...especially when you consider that they haven't played in over a week and that in their last four games they went 1-3 (including 0-2 to close the "official" season"). Do they really get the nod over a Glenville team that has at least made the MEC semis (so far?)...Do they bump Fairmont (at least MEC semi)...Do they beat out a Hurst team they lost to twice...Does Findlay fall from #3 out of the top 6 to be replaced by Gannon? Can't see any of that having a realistic chance of happening.

I don't believe Findlay will fall out. I believe GSC and FSU are the schools that Malone/Cedarville have potentially thieved a bid from. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that Findlay's tourney loss is now their 5th loss. None of the MEC teams (even the ones that lose today) will finish with 5 losses. Not sure the committee will drop Findlay from 3 to 6 (with the 6 spot being thieved by GMAC champ), but there is an outside possibility that could happen--especially if GSC and/or FSU makes a good showing today.

Comment

I don't believe Findlay will fall out. I believe GSC and FSU are the schools that Malone/Cedarville have potentially thieved a bid from. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that Findlay's tourney loss is now their 5th loss. None of the MEC teams (even the ones that lose today) will finish with 5 losses. Not sure the committee will drop Findlay from 3 to 6 (with the 6 spot being thieved by GMAC champ), but there is an outside possibility that could happen--especially if GSC and/or FSU makes a good showing today.
                    Findlay lost to 12-8 cedarville and was down by 11 at one point. Cedarville is relatively mediocre so this loss really hurts Findlay. I watched some of hillsdale and findlay game. Imho the gmac is an average conference.

Safe:
                    uc, wl, Hurst, Hillsdale and gmac winner.

That leaves one slot.
                    if uc and wl are upset, then it will be mec winner.

Otherwise:
                    fairmont or Glenville must go to finals and lose a close game to be considered ahead of Findlay because they lost to a ranked team in finals.
                    if both lose in semis, they must hope that findlay's bad loss will drop them to 7 seed behind fairmont
                    Last edited by Columbuseer; 03-06-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Looking like Fairmont vs WL tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Looking like Fairmont vs WL tomorrow
                        I'm not looking past GSC just yet.

But, yes, Fairmont put on a clinic against UC today. Heck of a performance by FSU.

Comment

But, yes, Fairmont put on a clinic against UC today. Heck of a performance by FSU.
                          Charleston looked awful

Comment

Imho uc tried to run offense through McManus and it was not working; no one to guard bonner and sanders; not a pressing team when they need to press to force turnovers and tire fairmont to lower their shooting %.

Comment

I'll take GSC +29.5

Not a point less.

Comment

GSC plays playground ball. Lordy. Chuck it from everywhere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X