Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amir Hinton

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Weather we want to believe it or not, there is a big difference between DII and the NBA (even summer league!). Heck, no matter what a DII team does in an October scrimmage, there is a big difference between DII and D1!!

My estimation is that a good (great?) DII team would struggle to be 500 in even the lowest D1 conference and probably would have ZERO wins in a P5 conference.
    Ok, so you're saying Amir Hinton isn't as good as he thought he was. Funny enough, I said that in a lot less words.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Ok, so you're saying Amir Hinton isn't as good as he thought he was. Funny enough, I said that in a lot less words.
      Pretty hilarious that Hinton seriously believed he had NBA talent. Just goes to show how delusional the AAU circuit is making these players lol

Comment

Weather we want to believe it or not, there is a big difference between DII and the NBA (even summer league!). Heck, no matter what a DII team does in an October scrimmage, there is a big difference between DII and D1!!

My estimation is that a good (great?) DII team would struggle to be 500 in even the lowest D1 conference and probably would have ZERO wins in a P5 conference.

Comment

What do MITCH MCCARRON, DAN JANSEN, JUSTIN PITTS, ZACH HANKINS and DAULTON HOMMES have in common ? If I hadn't looked I wouldn't have a clue. Those are the last five D2 POY. The first four are playing overseas and HOMMES signed a G LEAGUE deal with the SPURS much the same as HAYWOOD HIGHSMITH did with the SIXERS. For 99% of D2 players that is your professional future. I once read that a high school player planning his college move had better odds of becoming a brain surgeon than playing in the NBA. It's probably not far from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            What do MITCH MCCARRON, DAN JANSEN, JUSTIN PITTS, ZACH HANKINS and DAULTON HOMMES have in common ? If I hadn't looked I wouldn't have a clue. Those are the last five D2 POY. The first four are playing overseas and HOMMES signed a G LEAGUE deal with the SPURS much the same as HAYWOOD HIGHSMITH did with the SIXERS. For 99% of D2 players that is your professional future. I once read that a high school player planning his college move had better odds of becoming a brain surgeon than playing in the NBA. It's probably not far from the truth.
            It's not brain surgery, but CJ Hester became a dentist. Does that count? [Shrug]

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It's not brain surgery, but CJ Hester became a dentist. Does that count? [Shrug]
              Absolutely better than trooping around Europe waiting for the NBA to call?

Comment

good list. FYI You can add seger bonifant to that list. National player of year in d2, first d1 or d2 athlete to make over 50% threes for his career. Playing in Netherlands in his 4th year overseas.

Comment

The odds are remote even for d1 players. Look at how few players are less than 6-2 in NBA regardless of their skills. The sad part is if half the spare time was spent on academics that was spent chasing their basketball fantasy of nba career by players that are too short or too slow, some of them might have become brain surgeons.
                  East Germany in 60s and 70s would test kids in grade school and match their skills with the best sport for those skills. We would serve kids well to do something similar rather than let parents and peers to push little johnnie with alligator arms to be an aau basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                    The odds are remote even for d1 players. Look at how few players are less than 6-2 in NBA regardless of their skills. The sad part is if half the spare time was spent on academics that was spent chasing their basketball fantasy of nba career by players that are too short or too slow, some of them might have become brain surgeons.
                    East Germany in 60s and 70s would test kids in grade school and match their skills with the best sport for those skills. We would serve kids well to do something similar rather than let parents and peers to push little johnnie with alligator arms to be an aau basketball player.
                    DAD'S FANTASY SYNDROME has doomed a lot of potential doctors, lawyers, scientists etc.

Comment

DAD'S FANTASY SYNDROME has doomed a lot of potential doctors, lawyers, scientists etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                        Yea...and they also took those kids from their parents and sent them to special schools that supposedly "enhansed" their abilities. For "athletically gifted" kids, that enhansement came at the end of a neddle full of steriods! One can only wonder how the East Germans tried to "enhanse" the "gifts" of kids that were on the "brain surgery" track??!!

Comment

Absolutely better than trooping around Europe waiting for the NBA to call?
                          I recall when "trooping around Europe" for a year after undergrad was almost a right of passage for the well healed (and often the less well to do also). Spend a month in Rome, month in Bonn, couple of weeks in Paris then swing through Portugal, Spain, the boot of Italy, the Greek Islands and maybe Turkey...then swing back up through Switzerland, Austria, The Netherlands and on to London for a few weeks before flying home.

Not a big fan of kids "waisting their lives" sitting in their parents basement playing video games after graduating but taking a year (or a couple of years) on a truely epic once in a lifetime journey, be it playing pro basketball in Europe or traveling, I don't have a problem with that.

Comment

That journey sounds amazing. Playing ball for some third place team in Croatia, thinking you'll get your chance in the NBA is sadly delusional. If your family is very well off and will set you up afterwards, by all means go for it. If you're some small town baller, it's time to get on with your real life. Other than pick-up games in the park or the local Y league, your playing days are over.

Comment

Yea...and they also took those kids from their parents and sent them to special schools that supposedly "enhansed" their abilities. For "athletically gifted" kids, that enhansement came at the end of a neddle full of steriods! One can only wonder how the East Germans tried to "enhanse" the "gifts" of kids that were on the "brain surgery" track??!!

Comment

I recall when "trooping around Europe" for a year after undergrad was almost a right of passage for the well healed (and often the less well to do also). Spend a month in Rome, month in Bonn, couple of weeks in Paris then swing through Portugal, Spain, the boot of Italy, the Greek Islands and maybe Turkey...then swing back up through Switzerland, Austria, The Netherlands and on to London for a few weeks before flying home.

Not a big fan of kids "waisting their lives" sitting in their parents basement playing video games after graduating but taking a year (or a couple of years) on a truely epic once in a lifetime journey, be it playing pro basketball in Europe or traveling, I don't have a problem with that.

Jesus ... that trip would be nice if your last name was Mellon or Carnegie.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X