FEEDOGGIE - 10
    LONGTIMELURKER - 8

WEEK 6

Shepherd at Virginia Union

Slippery Rock at Wheeling

Fairmont State at Shippensburg

Shippensburg at Mercyhurst

West Chester at Pitt-Johnstown

West Liberty vs. Lubbock Christian (neutral court)

Charleston at Bloomsburg

Virginia Union at Winston-Salem State

Virginia State at Fayetteville State

Kutztown at IUP

Bonus

Over or Under, total combined points scored, Fairmont State at Shippensburg, 150.5

WEEK 6

Charleston at Bloomsburg

Kutztown at IUP

Bonus

Over or Under, total combined points scored, Fairmont State at Shippensburg, 150.5

Comment

Start of a tough week for Shippensburg. After recent Fairmont State losses, that game has gotten harder to gauge. If the Ship of last week against Slippery Rock shows up, it could be a good game. As far as your over/under, it won't be good for Ship if it gets much over 150 points. After an opening 60-56 loss to what appears to be a pretty good Virginia Union team, the Raiders' game scores have been 71, 71, 70, 70, 77, and 75. Fair to say they want to keep the game in the 70-point range.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
        Start of a tough week for Shippensburg. After recent Fairmont State losses, that game has gotten harder to gauge. If the Ship of last week against Slippery Rock shows up, it could be a good game. As far as your over/under, it won't be good for Ship if it gets much over 150 points. After an opening 60-56 loss to what appears to be a pretty good Virginia Union team, the Raiders' game scores have been 71, 71, 70, 70, 77, and 75. Fair to say they want to keep the game in the 70-point range.
        That Fairmont-Ship game feels like a pick-'em game, but the Raiders have been money at home. I'm hoping they defend the home court one more time before making the long, difficult trek to Erie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
          That was a tricky over-under to set. The goal is to at least make you ponder it. If Fairmont wins, I agree it will go over ... perhaps in the 85-75 range. That's playing more their pace. If Ship wins it will likely be under.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

That Fairmont-Ship game feels like a pick-'em game, but the Raiders have been money at home. I'm hoping they defend the home court one more time before making the long, difficult trek to Erie.
            They might do it, but they're a hard team to figure at this point. They've got a frontcourt that can hit the boards with any team in the region on a given night, but a lot depends on the backcourt play. The problem for Coach Fite is that he has those strong four guys at forward and really has to play them, but that doesn't leave him a lot of minutes to give some of his inexperienced guards the minutes they need to contribute. It's a weirdly constructed team that is still searching for something of an identity at this point. I was very encouraged by the Slippery Rock game, but we'll see if that carries over.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That was a tricky over-under to set. The goal is to at least make you ponder it. If Fairmont wins, I agree it will go over ... perhaps in the 85-75 range. That's playing more their pace. If Ship wins it will likely be under.
              I toyed with that quite a bit actually. I feel like Ship will defend the home court, but I feel like they'll have to go a little faster than they want to in order to pull it off. We'll see. Really good job setting the line--I spent more time than I want to admit thinking that one over.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I thought you did a good job there. That was probably about the right range.

Comment

Charleston at Bloomsburg

Kutztown at IUP

Bonus

Comment

Charleston at Bloomsburg

Kutztown at IUP

Bonus

Comment

Shepherd at Virginia Union - Rams typically find a way to hang around against tough opponents -- but, rarely win.

Slippery Rock at Wheeling - It wasn't that long ago Wheeling was a Top 5 program in the region. Today ... 1-8.

Fairmont State at Shippensburg - Toughest game on the board. Fairmont State has (3) losses but has the talent to explode. Ship must control the pace and destroy the Falcons on the glass.

Shippensburg at Mercyhurst - This could be one of those famous "first to 55" games.

West Chester at Pitt-Johnstown - Rams got walloped in their last visit to Johnstown. Payback time.

West Liberty vs. Lubbock Christian (neutral court) - Appeared to be a big matchup until LC dropped 3 early games.

Charleston at Bloomsburg - Huskies will pull one upset this year. This won't be it.

Virginia Union at Winston-Salem State - This is a big one. Both are 8-1.

Virginia State at Fayetteville State - After a slow start, FSU has won four straight -- including a big win at VSU last week.

Kutztown at IUP - If Moe Williams returns, this could be entertaining. If he's still out, it will not be. Bears have lost 5 close games without their star. With him, they'd probably have won all of them and be 7-0.

Bonus

Comment

Virginia Union
                        Slippery Rock
                        Fairmont
                        Shipp
                        UPJ
                        West Liberty
                        Charleston
                        Winston-Salem
                        Fayetteville
                        Kutztown
                        ++++++++++++
                        Under

Comment

I will post Week 7 tonight (several Week 6 games are later today).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X